• Lead Artist
    • Level / Environment Artist
    • Senior Designer / Writer
    • Senior Graphics Programmer
    • Senior Engine Programmer
    • Tools Programmer
    • Gameplay Programmer

Any job they gave me to be frank!

Art and Graphic design is a hard nut to crack, seriously, i have a degree and a whole heap of experience and I can't break through, so I'm stuck designing websites and making games with the help of "Editors".

I'd love to be a games designer, but unfortunately want doesn't get the pay in...

Ah well:)

Og

• 4 weeks later...

We were not able to budget for our own testers on KotOR2, all of the testing was handled internally and externally by LucasArts. On Neverwinter Nights 2, we have included money in the budget for testing, so we will be hiring our own small testing staff. It won't be gigantic group, but we hope that it will help.

Feargus Urquhart

CEO

Obsidian Entertainment, Inc.

We were not able to budget for our own testers on KotOR2, all of the testing was handled internally and externally by LucasArts.  On Neverwinter Nights 2, we have included money in the budget for testing, so we will be hiring our own small testing staff.  It won't be gigantic group, but we hope that it will help.

That reminded me of a CSI episode. It starred Tony Hawk and was about one beta tester killing another one.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

We were not able to budget for our own testers on KotOR2, all of the testing was handled internally and externally by LucasArts.  On Neverwinter Nights 2, we have included money in the budget for testing, so we will be hiring our own small testing staff.  It won't be gigantic group, but we hope that it will help.

That reminded me of a CSI episode. It starred Tony Hawk and was about one beta tester killing another one.

Never saw that one myself. Interesting. We can only hope that no Obsidian testers kill each other... ;)

Personally, if I could istantly learn the required skills, I would like to cover the position of Dialogue Writer/level designer(yeah, I know it's not on the initial list).

But, more realistically (so to speak >_<), I would love to be the "Community Relations" guy 'cause I've been dwelling on online gaming forums(mostly as a lurker, tho) for almost ten years...Yeah, I want to be abused >_<

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" - Wing Commander IV

If it makes the surviving ones stronger, maybe we could be onto something.

I'm sure that will make the beta testers sleep a lot easier now. :p

Working in QA seems like Darwinism in it's truest form... test or die, test and die, etc. :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein