When will you increase the interface font?

The font size for all text needs to be double what it is now. I’ve been playing on a PS4. I have excellent vision, 20 x 15. However I find the small font size slows down the gameplay. It also tires my eyes. I’ve started using the zoom feature on my Sony flatscreen tv but that has gotten old quickly. 
Please allow an option to enable the user to increase the font size without cutting out parts of the video. 
GameStop suggested I might like this after Mass Effect and they were right. However it does not have a character with whom the player can identify or care about. Nor does it have secondary characters like Garris, Liara, etc that make the Mass Effect games so much fun. Perhaps you could fix that. 
Until a true Mass Effect 4 comes along, I’ll continue to play and enjoy The Outer Worlds. 
Thank you. 

Edited by ProfZoe
Corrected spelling of 20 x15

Hello,

I am also on ps4, I have all the updates, I have ticked enlarged text but no changes.  Some text is really illegible, requiring you to stick to the TV, it does not make you want to play because after a while it hurts your eyes and your head.  Please adjust the font size on ps4.

Please can you tell us if you are going to address the concerns about the text size in the menus and examinables. The text is way too small and i cannot read any descriptions of weapons, skills, perks etc etc. I am not the only one.

Theres a lot of reading to be done on this game but i cant play it as it is.

Im desperate to play this game but cant until the text size is increased throughout the whole interface/menu/items screens etc. 

Well they have adjusted things in the last few patches but I guess it isn't set to where people who play on certain systems in a certain way have found it satisfactory.  Hopefully they keep working on it and it gets to the point where it is playable under those circumstances.

On 12/29/2019 at 1:26 PM, Ommamar said:

Well they have adjusted things in the last few patches but I guess it isn't set to where people who play on certain systems in a certain way have found it satisfactory.  Hopefully they keep working on it and it gets to the point where it is playable under those circumstances.

I'm playing at 3840x2160--PC, of course--and everything is readable--don't even have to strain with the large fonts enabled.  I've read a few earlier posts that looked like people were sitting 10-15 feet back from the screen, maybe playing on a large-screen TV or something--but complaining about the size of the fonts.  My monitor, a BenQ-EW-3270U, is fantastic--32" diagonally, with an .18 dot pitch--meaning you can't see the space between pixels no matter how close you get to the screen!)  I play upright in a cushy leather chair at my computer desk (the mode chosen by more civilized people 5-1 over all other positions combined*) and that puts me at a very comfortable 18-24" from the screen at all times.  The screen takes up between 70%-80% of my entire visual field, which is likely better than what you get with a much larger TV screen sitting 10-15 feet back, I'll wager.  And as I said, no problem with the large fonts at all. 

I have my Windows desktop (Win10x64, v1909 build 18363.535) @ 3840x2160 set to 175% through Windows Display Options , and I further set the Font size to 132% via Settings/Ease of Access.  But I run the game with the shortcut properties set to: Compatibility tab, Change High DPI settings/ Application--but the game handles its own scaling apparently, and that switch seems to do nothing, actually, checked or unchecked.

Hopefully, this will generate some positive ideas...

*Global Computer Seating Statistics, Winter 2019.  Facts assembled by: Facetious Malarkey Jr.

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

6 hours ago, waltc said:

I'm playing at 3840x2160--PC, of course--and everything is readable--don't even have to strain with the large fonts enabled.  I've read a few earlier posts that looked like people were sitting 10-15 feet back from the screen, maybe playing on a large-screen TV or something--but complaining about the size of the fonts.  My monitor, a BenQ-EW-3270U, is fantastic--32" diagonally, with an .18 dot pitch--meaning you can't see the space between pixels no matter how close you get to the screen!)  I play upright in a cushy leather chair at my computer desk (the mode chosen by more civilized people 5-1 over all other positions combined*) and that puts me at a very comfortable 18-24" from the screen at all times.  The screen takes up between 70%-80% of my entire visual field, which is likely better than what you get with a much larger TV screen sitting 10-15 feet back, I'll wager.  And as I said, no problem with the large fonts at all. 

I have my Windows desktop (Win10x64, v1909 build 18363.535) @ 3840x2160 set to 175% through Windows Display Options , and I further set the Font size to 132% via Settings/Ease of Access.  But I run the game with the shortcut properties set to: Compatibility tab, Change High DPI settings/ Application--but the game handles its own scaling apparently, and that switch seems to do nothing, actually, checked or unchecked.

Hopefully, this will generate some positive ideas...

*Global Computer Seating Statistics, Winter 2019.  Facts assembled by: Facetious Malarkey Jr.

I think this highlights playing a game on a computer system versus console.  I haven't had any issues with font size or anything graphical really on my desktop but I could see if you where trying to play TOW on a console system which is usually set a good distance from the display it could be problematic.  Since I haven't heard this complaint on other forums of games that have a multi platform release I would say that TOW needs more tweaking for those systems.  Just because it doesn't effect how I play I can't dismiss the complaint as it is valid in certain situations on certain systems.

9 hours ago, waltc said:

Я играю в разрешении 3840x2160 - ПК, конечно, - и все читабельно - даже не нужно напрягаться с включенными большими шрифтами. Я читал несколько более ранних постов, которые выглядели так, будто люди сидели на расстоянии 10-15 футов от экрана, возможно, играли на большом экране телевизора или что-то в этом роде - но жаловались на размер шрифтов. Мой монитор, BenQ-EW-3270U, великолепен - по диагонали 32 ", с шагом в 18 точек - это означает, что вы не можете видеть расстояние между пикселями, независимо от того, насколько близко вы находитесь к экрану!) Я играю прямо в удобном кожаном кресле за моим компьютерным столом (режим, выбранный более цивилизованными людьми 5–1 по сравнению со всеми другими позициями вместе взятыми *), и это всегда дает мне очень удобное 18–24 дюймовое расстояние от экрана. Экран занимает от 70% до 80% всего моего поля зрения, я думаю, что это лучше, чем то, что вы получаете, имея гораздо больший экран телевизора, сидящий на 10-15 футов назад. И, как я уже сказал, проблем с большими шрифтами нет. 

Мой рабочий стол Windows (Win10x64, v1909, сборка 18363.535) @ 3840x2160 установлен на 175% с помощью параметров отображения Windows, и я дополнительно устанавливаю размер шрифта на 132% с помощью настроек / простоты доступа. Но я запускаю игру со свойствами ярлыка, установленными на: вкладка «Совместимость», «Изменение параметров высокого разрешения / приложения», но игра, по-видимому, обрабатывает свое собственное масштабирование, и этот переключатель, похоже, ничего не делает, на самом деле, проверено или не отмечено.

Надеюсь, это породит некоторые позитивные идеи ...

* Глобальная статистика компьютерных мест, зима 2019 г. Факты собраны: Faceensive Malarkey Jr.

•  

• if you can read, only those who have a console complain.
    •  

I Play on Xbox one x. I Even checked yesterday if there was any Update to Download, and there isn’t. I Play on a 55” 4K smartv, obviously I won‘t play with my nose touching the screen,   I Play at a reasonable dustance, and this Game is the only instance I have with the subtitles being too small, even when in the configurariam I ask for big. Yes, a Little Bigger subtitles would be apreciated, thank you.

Font size MUST be incresed. Also make it easier to read the pop up signs such as when time dilation takes place as well as increase the length of time it stays on the screen  

I have increased it in the PS4 settings and The Outer Worlds settings but it still it incredibly difficult to read. 

I happened upon  the logs which list the text of all the things you have to read....it is staggering how much text there is in this game. No wonder I get so tired of reading it.  

You must have written all this text on a very high definition Apple computer.  Most of us don’t have that. 

PLEASE FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY.  Otherwise you ruin a great game  

thank you.

• Like 1

Please for the love of eyes everywhere increase the font size in menus, item descriptions, etc. I'm playing on a PS4 with the latest update, I only sit maybe 6 feet from my TV, and I have to sit on the edge of my couch and squint to read a lot of the text in game. After about an hour of playing I have to quit because I start to get a headache from all the straining to read things in game. It would be great if you could implement a slider so that people could adjust the font size exactly to their liking, but if that would take too long to implement then please at least make the current large text mode increase the text size everywhere and not just subtitles.

• Like 1

Hello everyone and thank you for the continued reports. At this time I don't have anything new to report regarding an update for the font size. The team is continuing to work on this issue and as soon as I know more I will share it with all of you. I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you, but thank you again for sharing with us and for your patience while we continue to investigate this, we appreciate it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the update Shyla. Hopefully the team can come up with a solution that works for everybody and in the not too distant future. Even though I'm enjoying the game otherwise, I doubt I'd buy any DLC or expansions until something is done about the text size, and that would be a bummer for both of us.