Hello everybody!

I Love this Game, and have some questions: Is it possible to...

1. Complete The exhibit at te Community Center in Edgewater Boy placing a mantiqueen? Our Hunter companion mentions she knows somebody who can do taxidermy and we do kill some mantiqueens, so was ir Coded into the Game or Not?

2. There are some Characters who Express a Dream of having a different profession or Leaving to another City, such as the owner of the cantina, who Wanted to be an engineer, and the Cook who makes the Special dish for Parvati‘s date, who wanted to Travel away. Can we help them?

3. What is become of the Former Administrator of Edgewater, After Abigail Takes his Place? 

4. Can we dennounce the Fake Early Retirement program? Tell the Radio in Monarch, etc?

5. I saved the cientist that the mercenary Company wanted dead. She was to work with Phineas, But nothing comes out of it!?

6, Mr. House in New Vegas mentions he wanted to Send settlers and make colonies in the SKY.  So...Is Halcyon his accomplishment?

All in all, I Really enjoyed the Game and Hope to See more in this Universe.

Hi!

Answering your questions means a lot of spoilers so I've covered them up here below.  

Spoiler

1) You're asking whether there is a taxidermist in game? Not as an npc you can actually find, but you will still end up with a mantiqueen's head on the wall of your captain's quarters after  having spent some time in Monarch. 

2) No, the only npc that we can actually help to "get out" is Vicar Max. 

3) He leaves Edgewater (and the story) and ends up perishing in the wilderness after only two days. 

4) Sadly, no.

5. Eva Chartrand? No, you'll never see any results of that offer. 

6. Now that's an interesting thought that I've pondered myself. Would indeed appreciate if anyone could shed some light over it. 

On 12/28/2019 at 5:55 AM, GammaReagan said:

6. Now that's an interesting thought that I've pondered myself. Would indeed appreciate if anyone could shed some light over it. 

I'm not a Fallout player (yet), though I've watched the Better Half play it.  And something occurred to me:

Spoiler

We know, by the end of the game, that Earth has gone dark.  Maybe Fallout is why?  

I'm expecting a journey to Earth for TOW II, and I'm hoping we'll end up interacting with TOW I's descendants (or even be one).

You can't complete the display but there is a little closure in finding the person involved with those displays.

Not in the base game but maybe something will happen to advance their story line in a DLC or maybe even a mod if that every really becomes a thing.

In some endings he is mentioned but I have never seen one where it ended well for him unless he is left in place as the administrator.

I am not aware of any path that allows you to publicly announce anything about the retirement program.

I don't recall her being directly mentioned in the save Phineas ending but it is fairly long so maybe but if so it would be briefly.

There have been some steams of TOW where a connection to the Fallout universe was speculated by both the streamer and the community watching them.  I didn't really see it but I could see a nuclear war being a reason that contact from earth ceased. Since everything is winding down and slowly falling to pieces it doesn't make sense that if things continued in the path the endings indicated that the colonists would have the capabilities to travel back to earth.  Of course the wild card would be the colonists on the HOPE if they are revived out of hibernation I could see that bolstering the colonies abilities and knowledge.  But if I was going to have a criteria for people to spread a colony the focus would be on farmers and low level labors who would know how to maintain equipment but not know how to create the equipment. 

6 hours ago, Jackalgirl said:

I'm not a Fallout player (yet), though I've watched the Better Half play it.  And something occurred to me:

Hide contents

We know, by the end of the game, that Earth has gone dark.  Maybe Fallout is why?  

I'm expecting a journey to Earth for TOW II, and I'm hoping we'll end up interacting with TOW I's descendants (or even be one).

On the link between Fallout and TOW: Nope. The time lines of both games don't allow for this. Hopefully Obsidian will include this in the MQ of the upcoming DLC next year though. Really needed for closure.   

Also not: it's a fair assessment to say TOW is the space version of Fallout Van Buren, which was supposed to be the Fallout 3 game which Interplay (now Obsidian) wanted to make 3 decades ago. With a deep MQ driven by a good number of game lore/NPC factions/NPC-PC development/player choice etc.  Basically New Vegas on NPC faction MQ/side quest steroids lol.  But unfortunately this never came to pass due to Murphy's Law.  

So TOW v. the existing single player Fallout franchise to date (i.e. Fallout 3 and 4 NOT New Vegas) are really two completely different games. As they were made by different lead devs (Tim Cain v. Todd Howard) who have polar opposite design approaches. The only similarities between TOW and New Vegas (both made by Obsidian) are evident in assets like NPC animal designs. Like the TOW Raptidions being bigger clones of the smaller Mojave wasteland geckos you encountered in New Vegas. Or like the artwork like those fear mongering communist propaganda posters you see in corporate office buildings in TOW cities everywhere. And in the NPC corporate centric competitive driven drama that was evident in pre war New Vegas that Obsidian continued in TOW.

So not sure what you meant when you said you're "not a Fallout player yet" but posted that in reference to this game which is The Outer Worlds?  Because like I said, while similar, TOW and Fallout are different franchises from a fundamental design perspective.  Because the former isn't the open world, FPS-loot-craft-build focused the way Fallout franchise has since transformed itself into by FO4. 

Some background as to why

Spoiler

The Fallout franchise was conceived by Interplay (now Obsidian). Also the lead devs who made TOW were the original creators of Fallout 1 & 2 (which were NOT open world sandbox games due to tech limitations).  Interplay went bankrupt and was forced to sell the Fallout franchise to Zenimax. Which in turn, gifted the franchise to Bethesda/Todd Howard. And Bethesda under Howard's guidance was responsible for developing the open world sandbox RPG that was FO3.  And since Bethesda needed  gap filler games after FO3 release (i.e. between their biggest franchise which is TES IV Oblivion and  TES V: Skyrim), they naturally turned to Obsidian to produce Fallout New Vegas.  So since Obsidian used Bethesda's FO3 engine to make Fallout New Vegas, many new fan boys tend incorrectly classify or associate it as a Bethesda/Todd Howard game and not New Vegas style game. Which TOW is NOT, by default of it's non open world and significantly deeper game play.

In contrast, FO3 game play was far more FPS looter shooter focused and emphasized open world exploration over a weaker MQ.  So this has been an underlying reason why the most hard core of the FO3 fan base  tend to dislike New Vegas. Which being a typical Obsidian game, focuses on superior story telling, PC development, NPC relationships, a deeper MQ and associated DLC quests. Which stories were intricately designed to to support the MQ in New Vegas (unlike FO3 DLC which were more additional adventures/physical extensions of the DC Wasteland like Anchorage, Point Lookout etc). And the player choice in NV had significantly more consequences from player choice.

So if you prefer a weak storyline MQ with no player choice, open world sand box exploration, dedicated FPS-looter-shooter (and recently added craft-build feature style of game play with FO4), then Bethesda's version of Fallout is for you. Which again, is very different in design from New Vegas and TOW as you've clearly played the latter.

Edited by VaultBoi2077

On 12/29/2019 at 4:36 PM, Jackalgirl said:

Reveal hidden contents

As the previous poster pointed out, the timeline doesn't quite allow for it, but the reason why I have at all been pondering it is a little detail mentioned in Fallout: New Vegas as the npc "Mr. House" talks about having sent a colony ship to space that will arrive at its final destination in a hundred years (Fo:NV takes place in 2281, 204 years after the great nuclear war), but as I found out that the time of the Outer Worlds is set to 2355, it simply does not work out. 

I don't think that it's too far fetched to initially suspect that Obsidian might have snuck in a reference or two to Fo:NV in TOW (as they, after all, developed NV) but I was wrong concerning this one. 
Anyway, should you choose to play only one of the Fallout games, it should (imho) be Fo:NV!

4 hours ago, GammaReagan said:

As the previous poster pointed out, the timeline doesn't quite allow for it, but the reason why I have at all been pondering it is a little detail mentioned in Fallout: New Vegas as the npc "Mr. House" talks about having sent a colony ship to space that will arrive at its final destination in a hundred years (Fo:NV takes place in 2281, 204 years after the great nuclear war), but as I found out that the time of the Outer Worlds is set to 2355, it simply does not work out. 

Yes, so I've gathered; ah well, it was a (n admittedly uneducated, as I haven't played Fo) thought.  That's a pity, though; I do love crossovers/cross-references/tips of the hat (like the cows in the cargo hold, squee!).  

I don't think that it's too far fetched to initially suspect that Obsidian might have snuck in a reference or two to Fo:NV in TOW (as they, after all, developed NV) but I was wrong concerning this one. 
Anyway, should you choose to play only one of the Fallout games, it should (imho) be Fo:NV!

Thank you for the recommendation -- I'll definitely go with that one (if I ever come up for air from TOW / TOW DLC)!

To be honest, I would not want to see a Fallout/TOW crossover ever, unless Bethesda clean up their act a bit by getting themselves some decent writers (and of course cease with the Fo 76 folly). Should you start with playing Fo4 and then work your way backwards, you'll soon enough find that they're only recycling old ideas, even ripping off themselves. Btw, the creators of Fo 1 and 2 went on to  Obsidian. Just saying...

Thank you for the recommendation -- I'll definitely go with that one (if I ever come up for air from TOW / TOW DLC)!

Don't mention it. Will finish my 6th playthrough tonight and... What do you think, should I start on a 7th? 

• Like 1