Is it worth buying an Xbox One S at this stage?

BenjaminMason

inside the uk the xbox one s prices £150 with 2 video games. i want a console (now not computer) to relax with at the cease of the night time for an hour or two, especially to manage my tension. i absolutely like the master chief collection (performed it at a relative's house the day past), doom (performed the demo on computer) and the witcher.

i've heard the new xbox could be out in round october 2020. if so is it really worth buying an xbox for informal use? what approximately getting something like a switch because it has doom and the witcher, but glaringly now not the halo video games.

thank you.

Arguably, buying a console this late in its life cycle is the best time to get it, because it is at its lowest price point and has a massive library of games. Old consoles usually get games for a year or two after the new ones launch, so the One S should keep getting games through 2021, if not 2022.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Guys, methinks you are trying to converse with an adbot. There is similar thread started by never-seen-again user with the same naming scheme and there was at least one since deleted doppelganger of that post.

Thought it kinda odd that Xbox would need such sneaky tactics, but maybe it really isn't, seeing how too much exposure to them filthy things make people build in-brain adblocks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

7 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Seems like a pretty good deal. Although exercise is a better option for managing your tension.

you do realize you sound like the peloton commercial, yes?

am gonna recycle from the food thread.

'bove is our goal for the first holiday season o' retirement. moderate success so far.

best option for managing our tension has always been a nice nap, if we can manage such.

as for the console, that's like $200? am too lazy to check current conversion rate, but second week o december were 1.35. *shrug* sounds like a decent deal. am recalling a few black friday and cyber monday deals which were better, but $200 is still pretty good. 

in the US, 'cause o' inventory and tax issues, after christmas is a great time to get special deals, particular on open-box tech items. not sure if is same for you folks. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I would wait until next gen consoles come out because all games will be backwards compatible with better hardware.

But then again, people like me spends $thousands$  trying to eek on FPS on a PC that sometimes I forget that games are supposed to be for enjoyment and not a statistics test.

1 fps is a tragedy, 1 million fps is a statistic har har har.

So yeah, if gameplay is your number 1 priority, do it up, or else wait for better much graphics and load times (next gen consoles will carry SSD drives, finally).

No. Save some more money and buy either the new Xbox or just buy a One X.

You don't wanna miss out on a 4K upgrade for games such as RDR1 or Mirror's Edge if you are buying an Xbox.

I personally love my One X. It allows me to play old Xbox games such as KotoR 1 in 4K.

So in conclusion: save money and buy either a One X or a Series X. But don't buy a One S.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

On 12/27/2019 at 6:43 PM, bugarup said:

Guys, methinks you are trying to converse with an adbot. There is similar thread started by never-seen-again user with the same naming scheme and there was at least one since deleted doppelganger of that post.

Thought it kinda odd that Xbox would need such sneaky tactics, but maybe it really isn't, seeing how too much exposure to them filthy things make people build in-brain adblocks.

Finally someone else points out these one post wonders :)

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

On 12/27/2019 at 4:43 PM, bugarup said:

Eh...! I've been duped?! I never look at post counts but now you've pointed this out I feel abused!

nowt

1 hour ago, daven said:

Eh...! I've been duped?! I never look at post counts but now you've pointed this out I feel abused!

It's the third one in the past few months?

They all have a username comprised of a first and last name. The first one I noticed was jamesbower, mostly as I have a friend by that name. It's that weird way they make bots wrong by trying to make them right "But I gave it a first and last name! How could they tell the account wasn't real?"

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

And all of them have some lines about some kind of Xbox 😉

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours