Politics and world news

Guard Dog

1 hour ago, Skarpen said:

It seems very plausible that Iran sent their most ferocious rabid dog to deliver peace and mediation. Who believes in such nonsense?

Well, everyone seems pretty content calling the US the good guys and Iran the bad guys, even though the US is the one in a foreign country after forcibly removing their government. So people believe nonsense all the time.

Ah, if Iran returned the favour that would be evil, naturally

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/pompeo-u-s-is-now-targeting-irans-actual-decision-makers

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Supposedly Iran has offered a $80M bounty on Trump's head. Meanwhile Kathy Griffin is wondering if they will give her a few bucks for the one she has. :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Iraqi parliament has voted to eject Operation Inherent Resolve wholesale, which is actually more than I expected. Thought they might have hedged by not ejecting the non US bits of it and letting them pull out voluntarily.

2 hours ago, Skarpen said:

It seems very plausible that Iran sent their most ferocious rabid dog to deliver peace and mediation. Who believes in such nonsense?

Apparently the US? It was, after all and for those who have paid actual attention, Soleimani who coordinated the Iran-US cooperation in Afghanistan against the Taleban. It was only after noted non rabid dogs Cheney, Dumsfeld, Wolfowicz et al decided to go full Project for a New American Century on Iraq he became a 'rabid dog'.

3 hours ago, Elerond said:

According to Iraq's prime minister Suleimani was in Iraq because he was delivering Iran's response to Saudi Arabia as part of mediation efforts by Iraq. And Iraq started mediation in direct request from Donald Trump. So it seems that USA orchestrated trap for Suleimani in disguise of peace/de-escalation talks.

I am sure that this will make peace talks in Middle East so much easier, especially if USA is involved

If true, that would almost certainly be another actual war crime, Perfidy.

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

Well, everyone seems pretty content calling the US the good guys and Iran the bad guys, even though the US is the one in a foreign country after forcibly removing their government. So people believe nonsense all the time.

Well since we are adult's we know there is no "good guys"/"bad guys" in real world. It's not a tolkienesque fantasy land. But anyone with a gram of brain knows which side is the right one to choose between USA and Iran.

166215__front.jpg

2 hours ago, Skarpen said:

He was head of Iran's secret service / CIA / military intelligence who only answered Iran's supreme leader. So he was one of the Iranians who actually had power to negotiate any sort cease fires and other forms of de-escalation.

15 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

Well since we are adult's we know there is no "good guys"/"bad guys" in real world. It's not a tolkienesque fantasy land. But anyone with a gram of brain knows which side is the right one to choose between USA and Iran.

How about actually demanding reasonable actions from state leaders rather than "pick sides"? It's not a tolkienesque fantasy land of good/bad guys as you yourself say.

• Like 1

"Well, everyone seems pretty content calling the US the good guys and Iran the bad guys, even though the US is the one in a foreign country after forcibly removing their government. "

actually, Both US and Iran are in a 'foreign country'. LMAO Last I checked, Iraq isn't part of Iran... yet. As much as the pro Iranians want it to be.

Also, 'good guys vs bad guys' is no cliché.

This guy who was killed   has murdered  those who oppose him. and his country. That includes my country which means he may target my country. I don't worry at all that the US - even under Terrible Trump - would attack my country. But, Iran certainly would target Kanadians. And, don't say they wouldn't. Our Kanadian military leaders have suggested they would in a heartbeat.

PLus, I wonder how many Iranians this swell fellow has murdered. I wonder what the over/under compared to how many Amerikans Obama targeted during his presidency. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Mmm. The problem here isn't so much that the general was a threat as that we know very well that Trump might be doing this for entirely selfish reasons, in addition to practical ones perhaps, but at what balance. 

The worse things get the better they get for his reelection chances.  You know, go off fighting the Goths and when you come back the plebs will love you and what the Senate thinks will matter less, but you better make something happen while you still have an army to do your bidding.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

" actually, Both US and Iran are in a 'foreign country'. LMAO Last I checked, Iraq isn't part of Iran... yet. As much as the pro Iranians want it to be. "

Actually actually, in the current flare up the US has been targeting almost exclusively- literally except for Soleimani so far as I am aware- Iraqis. Iraqis who are members of the Iraqi security services even. Propagandists call them 'Iranians' because it's the only way to sell killing another country's soldiers who fought ISIS, while being guests in Iraq and  guests there supposedly to fight ISIS- and definitely not to pursue an entirely voluntary war post unilaterla JCPOA withdrawal.

It's also why all the propaganda from Rubio et al and 'clarifications' from western journalists about the expulsion resolution are deeply misleading at best. Killing Iraqi security personnel and using Iraqi airspace to target foreigners means there is no 'one year cool down' as both break the agreement making it cancellable immediately, and while it requires an executive order from the PM to enact the resolution said resolution was proposed by, well, the same PM who has to approve it. So approval is... somewhat likely. There was also a quorum which seems to be another popular claim.

It will certainly be interesting to see if the US actually honours the demand or not.

Looks like Soleimani might have been invited by Iraq to Baghdad — on US behalf — to start a peace talk. Then the US turned around and assassinated Soleimani when he arrived on what was technically a US invitation.  That was some Braveheart/Red Wedding-level villainy right there, a new low for America... or maybe not.

Edited by ktchong

2 hours ago, Elerond said:

He was head of Iran's secret service / CIA / military intelligence who only answered Iran's supreme leader. So he was one of the Iranians who actually had power to negotiate any sort cease fires and other forms of de-escalation.

Sure, sure. He was known in political circles as "white dove" or sometimes "Ghandi".

2 hours ago, Maedhros said:

How about actually demanding reasonable actions from state leaders rather than "pick sides"? It's not a tolkienesque fantasy land of good/bad guys as you yourself say.

Isn't eliminating threat to your country reasonable action nowadays? It's funny because for years now Trump was critiqued by not listening and acting based on US intelligence. Now that he did he is criticized again? I have no doubt based on history that he might have something planned that US wanted to stop. 

• Like 1

166215__front.jpg

1 hour ago, Zoraptor said:

It will certainly be interesting to see if the US actually honours the demand or not.

Image may contain: 1 person

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've been watching a lot of videos on Iran, so now YouTube is recommending anything that's relevant to Iran to me.   A bunch of Christian and Evangelical videos about Iran  have just popped up in my recommendations.   Oh boy are they super excited about the coming End Time. 

Edited by ktchong

Love him, hate him... nah, screw that. no love for that piece of human trash that is Scott Morrison (Australian PM who bought his way to the title, after all what is tax money for if not to buy votes in election years, right?)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"Well, everyone seems pretty content calling the US the good guys "

Kind of missed this delusion's different spin? 'Everyone'? Half of Amerikans hate the US and believe it is the most evil country ever and wuld cheer if it got nuked. LMAO

Trump threatening cultural sites has been the funniest thing in this whole fuss.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I stick with my initial prediction. There will be a lot of noise and press and hoopla over this but in the end nothing will come of it. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

3 hours ago, Volourn said:

"Well, everyone seems pretty content calling the US the good guys "

Kind of missed this delusion's different spin? 'Everyone'? Half of Amerikans hate the US and believe it is the most evil country ever and wuld cheer if it got nuked. LMAO

Y U lie? Roofles

Beimg critical of our foreign affairs has nothing to do with love of country. Recognizing the hypocrisy of calling a Iranian General evil for killing Americans when the US kills people all over the world is not unpatriotic.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Y U lie? Roofles

Beimg critical of our foreign affairs has nothing to do with love of country. Recognizing the hypocrisy of calling a Iranian General evil for killing Americans when the US kills people all over the world is not unpatriotic.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government only when it deserves it" 

Samuel Clemens 

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."

Teddy Roosevelt 

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

"Beimg critical of our foreign affairs has nothing to do with love of country. "

Critical of affairs is oen thing. Hell, I call my PM Mr. Blackface. LMAO. However, don't deny it. Half of Amerika hates Amerika.  They attack Amerika on EVERYTHING including mourning a dea dgeneral who KILLED Amerikans. It is the President's job to protect Amerikans which should include dealing those who would kill them.

But, stop denying it. People in the US hate their country. It's just a fact. According to many Amerikans, Amerika is the most sexist, racist, evil country in the entire world.  That is ridiculous but don't look at me. I'm not Amerikan. *shrug*

• Haha 1

Thomas Sowell