Any mod for the active effects list?

I browsed all 16 pages on Nexus without finding anything that addresses this.

5uARK28.png

Especially as I play no rest (but I had this problem before too), combined with a fetish for auras and chants, the list of beneficial effects can easily grow all the way down to the action bars and portraits and beyond. This makes it difficult/impossible to see my afflictions without opening the character sheets and browsing through an even longer list.

I would really like it if the following were not displayed on the combat tooltip:
- Wardstones
- Active modals
- Fighter stances
- Food/shrine buffs

And, since I've been a really* good boy this year, I'm going to make a few more wishes to have the following also hidden:
- Luminous Adra Potion
- Adratic Glow
- Weird kit-specific "buffs" like Troubadour and Unbroken (so my class has not changed since the last fight? thanks for letting me know, game!)
- Watcher only: Courtesan buff, Alchemic Brawn/Guile/Wits, Dawnstar's Blessing, Nature's Resolve

As a much simpler solution, it'd also work quite well if afflictions were simply displayed first, or if there were a separate column for them.

I suppose this ended up sounding like a mod request, and I'd be much obliged if anyone wanted to make one, but I'm mostly hoping one already exists that will help with some of these problems.

Just to give you an idea of how bad it is... and this isn't even my Watcher:
mHcpJVB.png

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I started work on this, but quickly realised it was going to be a lot more daunting a task than I had anticipated.

It's not a complicated mod to write for someone with a lot of knowledge of the game's different skills (Which is something I don't really have) to make, as all the coding that is really required is changing the same line ("HideFromCombatTooltip":) from "false" to "true" for every status effect that needs to be hidden.

To that end, here's a template of the code needed to hide an effect from appearing in the tooltip:

{
			"$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
			"DebugName": "Template",
			"ID": "EFFECT_ID",
			"Components": [{
				"$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
				"HideFromCombatTooltip": "true",
				}
			]
		}

You'll need to find the ID & DebugName for each effect that you want hidden. This can be found by searching part of the name of the boon/effect (ctrl+f, or ⌘+f for a Mac) in statuseffects.gamedatabundle (dlc effects will likely be located in a .gamedatabundle file with a name like lax*_statuseffects), or in Spiritual Successor's status effects section if you want to avoid the step of setting the file to JSON formatting. This will take you to the DebugName & the ID will be right below it, or if you use Spiritual Successor it'll in the right hand tab once you have clicked the name.

Hopefully that makes sense but just in case here is an example of how this would be used to create a mod that hides the Paladin's Zealous Charge:

Spoiler

1. Create a new notepad file and copy and paste the following. Then copy and paste the template over (PASTE OBJECT HERE):

{
    "GameDataObjects":[
        (PASTE OBJECT HERE)
    ]
}

2. Search for the effect you want to be hidden (Zealous_Charge in this example). Copy the ID: and paste it to replace the EFFECT_ID inside the quotes. Also copy the DebugName: and paste that inside of the quotes instead of Template.

{
	"GameDataObjects": [
		{
			"DebugName": "Zealous_Charge_SE_DisengagementDefense",
			"ID": "09bfca16-841e-4c7a-9d51-3f30cab79cc6",
				}
			]
		}
	]
}

3. Add a new line for another effect by putting a comma and a space after the "}" of the previous effect, then paste the template again:

{
		{
				}
			]
		}, {
				}
			]
		}
	]
}

4. Repeat the steps for as many effects as needed. When you are happy with it or want to test it it out. Save the file as something like Hidden_Beneficial_Effects.gamedatabundle (you can name it whatever you like, just so long as ".gamedatabundle" is at the end). Place this inside of a new folder in "override". The items you have hidden should not appear in the tooltip when you load the game.

The finished code for this example should look something like this:

Spoiler

{
		{
				}
			]
		}, {
			"DebugName": "Zealous_Charge_SE_MovementSpeed",
			"ID": "b1c60e81-03a1-41ea-9089-27dc56ddc0de",
				}
			]
		}
	]
}

Hope this is in someway helpful.

Edited by Kvellen
Deleted attached file that wasn't working.
  • Thanks 1

Oh, that is

AWESOME.

Thanks! I'll get to work on it, and if all goes well I'll try to make it a full mod, rather than just something that covers only the classes I tend to play.

I've made quite some progress, and had like four hours of troubleshooting because of sloppy c/p skills. Might be I can figure all of this out without further help...

Edited by omgFIREBALLS

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Glad you've figured it out!

If the file is getting too long you can create categories by grouping the code for similar effects into their own separate gamedatabundle files.

You can also add comments by adding this line in the Components section of each effect:

"Note": "",
Spoiler

Example of where you can put it.

{
				"Note": "",
				}
			]
		}

Write your text inside of the empty quotes. From what I can tell letters, numbers & punctuation are fine, just don't put extra quotation marks.

Otherwise if something in the mod is not working as it should a good place to start is to check the "output_log.txt" file in the PillarsOfEternityII_Data folder. It's not the easiest thing to parse, but searching for any mention of a gamedatabundle's name will tell you if there was an error associated with it when you last loaded the game.

Happy modding.

• Thanks 1