Hi, 

Is anyone able to explain how one might be able to "swap" armor graphics? Meaning 3d models not just the icon (that i have managed somehow).

I've tried messing around with it after tese two tutorials (https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86034-tutorial-making-potions-usable-outside-of-combat/https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86074-tutorial-editing-abilities-talents-and-items/). But because they don't really cover this matter, unfortunately I can't get it to work no matter what I try with swapping seamingly coresponding game object assets. Any help would be most welcome.

Edited by Frykas
specification

Per aspera ad astra

Bez tytułu.png

Okay, managed to figure it out myself, turns it's ridiculously easy. So here's a detailed process even for those unfamiliar with modding unity. First locate your item .unity3d file. Files are located in: SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundle and named as in game just with "_" instead of spaces. Px# means its from dlc. Now You need UABE it's Unity Asset Bundle Extractor.

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF THE FILE BEFORE YOU EDIT IT

1. You have to open the item you want to change. Now export the file and open the exported one. There is a lot of stuff here but we are interested in MonoBehaviour asset, now look at the type and the one we need to open is MonoBehaviour: Equipable. Now to select it you need to click one left part which doesn't specify the type, just make sure it's the proper one.

2. Now you will want to choose export dump. And we have a nice editable .txt file. Open it and look for "AppearancePiece Appearance" there will be few values here. 

0 int bodyPiece = 1
  0 int armorType = 6
  0 int modelVariation = 2
  0 int materialVariation = 2
  1 string specialOverride = ""

3. Now open the armor you want to copy the appearance form like in step 1. but here you don't need to export it, just choose the proper monobehaviour and choose view data. Look up the same part and you'll see the same int entrys just with diffrent values. Change those in .txt file to one's looked up. Save the file.

4. Select the MonoBehaviour: Equipable in the exported file but this time we need to "import dump". Save the assets file as anything you like e.g. water.assets, the .assets part is iportant for the next step.

5. Open the .unity3d file of armor you want to edit and choose import and then pick the .assets file. no conformation here but it is done in a second and you just have to save the now modified .unity3d file. It has to have the same name as the original but UABE can't overwrite files so just save it with the same name in diffrent location. 

6. Copy and overwrite the modified file to  SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundle and voila, you can have a robe looking like plate armour. By raw exporting texture 2D both L and S asset and importing it to desired modded armor you can make sure the icon corresponds properly to the in-game model of modded item.

• Like 1

Per aspera ad astra

Bez tytułu.png

• 2 years later...