Mira the Bounty Hunter

At least according to gamepro.

This can only mean that non-jedi's get prestige classes too.

According to the article, she's a bounty hunter with pacifistic tendencies? :) And a wrist mounted rocket launcher :)

Also of note: The article has a VERY cool looking fight scene (as art) between the Silver Haired Jedi and the Masked Sith.

I think the bounty hunter bit is new, the rocket laucher was seen in the demo, and i'm not sure that means non-jedi get prestige classes. Her story could just be she is a bounty hunter.

Is the article large? Did it say anythingelse?

Hmmm though I doubt it, it would make sense to have prestige classes for the normal characters otherwise there will be a major power gap between jedi and non-jedi again. But I'm sure they would've announced this already. Maybe they just mean her proffession is a bounty hunter, maybe she's just a soldier or a scout?

Bounty Hunters are Prestige classes in the D20 game, so I'm assuming...

I'm still reading, I'll fill in more when I finish... so far the rest seems like a rehash of old news.

The bit on Mira was a small side section.

This is interesting... and I don't think I've seen it elsewhere... at least not explained like this:

It is the twilight of the Jedi. The Jedi Order, nearly brought to an end by the Sith in [Kotor] have scattered, vanishing into the deepest reaches of space. As Republic forces have receded from the fringe, the remnants of the Sith have begun to prey on the unprotected worlds. These Sith assassins, led by a vicious Sith Lord, are hunting one they believe to be the last of the Jedi, a disgraced veteran of the Mandalorian War who holds the key to the fate of the Jedi Order and the Sith

Dev quote from Mike Gallo, LucasArt's producer for the game.

Hmmm.... I think that puts the "last jedi" thing into perspective and any arguments as to why there are other jedi to rest.

These Sith assassins, led by a vicious Sith Lord, are hunting one they believe to be the last of the Jedi, a disgraced veteran of the Mandalorian War who holds the key to the fate of the Jedi Order and the Sith

this suggests 1 sith lord and a bunch of sith assasins, hmmm....

anyone else starting to wonder why each new article hurts our knowledge of the game as much as it helps :)

EDIT: maybe just 1 sith lord is hunting you?

Huh. I'd have pegged Mira for the a rogue, Mission-esque, scoundrel type. She looks a bit young to be a bounty hunter. Oh well. I guess I can buy that. This part is kind of odd though:

According to the article, she's a bounty hunter with pacifistic tendencies?

If she has pacifistic tendencies, she's probably in the wrong line of work.

Not really, seems she takes her "prey" alive, using tranq darts.

Also she doesn't take contract hits or work for the exchange.

I'd post what was said exactly in the article, but I think that's not allowed (as opposed to a direct quote... which is what I posted above)

Huh. I'd have pegged Mira for the a rogue, Mission-esque, scoundrel type. She looks a bit young to be a bounty hunter. Oh well. I guess I can buy that. This part is kind of odd though:

According to the article, she's a bounty hunter with pacifistic tendencies?

If she has pacifistic tendencies, she's probably in the wrong line of work.

Depends on if you want to take your bounty alive or dead. I do believe Mira is a scout then she probably gets the bounty hunter prestige class. All speculation though.

Bounty Hunters are Prestige classes in the D20 game, so I'm assuming...

I'm still reading, I'll fill in more when I finish... so far the rest seems like a rehash of old news.

The bit on Mira was a small side section.

Could be that she's only a bounty hunter by name and not by "class" so to speak.

Dammit all to Slahether! I want to play a non-jedi prestige class. If they are going to give it to the PCs I want my character to be able to go for it.

WHY OBSIDIAN WHY MUST I BE A STUPID FREAKING JEDI!!!!

Because the game is called KNIGHTS of the Old Republic perhaps? Being a Jedi is the entire reason for the game. Otherwise, there's a game out there called Bounty Hunter, if that's more your thing :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yes, but is it a role playing game?

no, but that's not the point. the point is, games like this are about the Jedi vs. Sith, Light vs. Darkside. If they're going to start altering that to suit people who want to be bounty hunters, then they'll also have to include pilot classes, or smuggler classes, or any of the other dozens of "classes" that you can find in the SW universe.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Dammit all to Slahether! I want to play a non-jedi prestige class. If they are going to give it to the PCs I want my character to be able to go for it.

WHY OBSIDIAN WHY MUST I BE A STUPID FREAKING JEDI!!!!

The story.

That would be kickass. All I care about is being able to make my character as I see fit and not what the developers see fit. I want to be playing my character and not someone elses.

There are always limitations in a CRPG.

Yes, there are but I don't want them to be too limited. Fallout and NWN is as limited as I would want to go. I want to be able to pick what my character knows, what he or she can do, and make the best of it in any given situation in the game. Most of all I hate Force users in Star Wars. They are always way too overpowered. When my character became a Juedi in KotOR 1 the game became a cake walk. I don't like to play a cake walk.

Yes, there are but I don't want them to be too limited. Fallout and NWN is as limited as I would want to go. I want to be able to pick what my character knows, what he or she can do, and make the best of it in any given situation in the game. Most of all I hate Force users in Star Wars. They are always way too overpowered. When my character became a Juedi in KotOR 1 the game became a cake walk. I don't like to play a cake walk.

Thats the games fault for not throwing the proper challenges at a Jedi charcter. Not an intrinsic fault of being Jedi. Jedi are overpowered compared to other classes because they are meant to be. But there are still situations and opponents that SHOULD challenge them.

That would require a seperate game. I couldn't see a SW RPG being made that is not based on the Jedi... I dunno it would just be missing too many plot devices and skills and such... The story would have to be extremely generic, I dunno it just will never be done in a KOTOR game.