The Outer Worlds Patch 1.2 Release Notes

Greetings fellow spacers,

Patch 1.2 has been released! The next time you log onto The Outer Worlds you should be prompted to update your game. This patch is available for players on all platforms and is required in order to fix specific issues within the game.

Changes/fixes that are included in this patch are as follows:

Top Community Requests:

• Updated the "Large Text Mode" setting to apply to Examinables
  • Added "Chromatic Aberration" setting to all platforms
  • Added "Controller Aiming Sensitivity" setting to all platforms
  • Added "Head Bobbing" setting to all platforms
  • Added "Field of View" setting to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 platforms
  • Fixed weapons unholstering when interacting with the environment
  • Fixed additional cases of companion quests being marked as Botched incorrectly

Audio:

• Fixed multiple characters from talking over each other when the player dies
  • Fixed audio cutting out when scrolling on the map
  • Fixed NPCs continuing to have dialog after they have died

Companions:

• Fixed some of Felix's belongings appearing on the Unreliable even when he wasn't recruited
  • Fixed Vicar Max being available as a companion even if he was killed in Edgewater
  • Fixed consumable durations not being affected by Max's "Tuned In" Perk and the "Beverage Service Technician" Aptitude
  • Fixed enemies not always animating correctly when hit by Max's companion ability
  • Fixed companion Perks being reset when the player respecs
  • Added a notification for when companions gain Perks from quests
  • Fixed companions calling the player's attacks ineffective, even if they were dealing appropriate damage
  • Fixed lit areas of companions' armor being unlit after they were knocked out
  • Fixed companion outlines not appearing after changing their armor

Design:

• Fixed the "Battle Hardened" Perk not stacking correctly with the Inspiration 40 Skill unlock
  • Fixed the Determination 100 Skill Unlock not applying to both companions
  • Fixed the "Precision" Perk not applying to companions in some cases
  • Fixed the Determination 40 Skill unlock not applying to both companions in some cases
  • Fixed the SuperNova Hunger debuff not applying in certain situations
  • Fixed description text for the Ambidextrine status effect
  • Fixed duration for the Ambidextrine status effect
  • Fixed the "Steady Hand" Perk stacking incorrectly
  • Fixed non-drug consumables not stacking correctly
  • Fixed automechanicals being susceptible to the Poison debuff
  • Fixed the Burn status effect from Mantipillar attacks lasting forever in some cases
  • Fixed the "Bleed" and "Sugary Drink" status effects not working with one another
  • Fixed the "Leader" status effect missing a description when applied to a companion
  • Fixed the Inspiration 80 skill unlock stacking incorrectly
  • Fixed the "Caffeine Drink" status effect not applying when the "Permanent Concussion" Flaw was active
  • Fixed the effects of the "Robophobia" Flaw not clearing in certain conditions
  • Fixed "Pack Mule" Perks not applying while on the Unreliable
  • Fixed the "Revenge" Perk not increasing damage
  • Fixed misleading text in the description of Thinking Cap-let items
  • Fixed "Adelaide's Gardening Shears" not applying the Bleed effect on targets
  • Fixed the Prismatic Hammer not benefiting from several melee Skills and Perks
  • Fixed the Prismatic Hammer not benefiting from Critical Hits
  • Increased damage of Handguns

Quests:

• Fixed "A Family Matter" not updating properly if Tucker Needham was killed in Stellar Bay
  • Fixed "The Amateur Alchemist" not progressing if the player intimidated Vaughn
  • Fixed an optional objective in "BOLT With His Name" being blocked if the player exited a terminal at a specific point
  • Fixed "Comes Now the Power" not updating properly if the Deserters returned to Edgewater under specific conditions
  • Fixed "The Doom That Came To Roseway" being blocked if Anton left Roseway before getting his research back
  • Fixed "Friendship's Due" not updating correctly if the player spoke to Harlow without meeting specific requirements
  • Fixed "Friendship's Due" not updating correctly if the player killed Trask before speaking to Harlow
  • Fixed "Solution Vital" not updating properly if Captain Irion's medical automechanical was killed
  • Fixed Dr. Chartrand attacking the player after she agrees to help them
  • Fixed issues with manti-creature spawning during Nyoka's companion quest if the player left the area and returned in the middle of the fight

Settings:

• Fixed the "Look Up" and "Look Down" keybindings being swapped
  • Added "Foliage" graphics setting for PC platform
  • Added "Enable Cinematic Kill Camera" setting

UI:

• Fixed player response nodes being numbered when using a gamepad
  • Updated Vendor UI to show carry weight and encumbrance limit
  • Updated item tooltips to better indicate Pristine items
  • Added item sorting options to the Companion and Workbench screens
  • Added SuperNova survival meters to the Consumables screen
  • Fixed the companion damage bonus from the Inspiration skill not appearing correctly in the UI
  • Fixed two-handed melee weapons not showing the correct DPS value
  • Fixed plus signs appearing next to Skills that cannot directly gain points
  • Fixed quest objectives disappearing from the Quest Tracker after certain quest updates
  • Fixed the "Sublight Sniper Rifle" unique Dead-Eye not being marked as unique
  • Fixed the Vendor screen from becoming misaligned when selling many items at once
  • Fixed the effects of the "Paranoid" Flaw not displaying correctly
  • Fixed encumbrance limit not updating correctly when applying a Backpack armor mod
  • Fixed certain lootable NPC corpses not highlighting correctly
  • Fixed the "Compare" option incorrectly being available on the Companion screen
  • Fixed the effects of the "Adrena-Time Crash" debuff not displaying correctly
  • Fixed Adreno not being automatically equipped to the Emergency Medical Inhaler
  • Fixed the "Leader" status effect missing from the player
  • Updated description of "Field of View" setting and moved it to the Graphics screen
  • Fixed a missing button icon in the Quick Melee tutorial

General:

• Fixed a crash involving mind-controlled enemies
  • Fixed a soft lock when trying to interact with the Meditative Aid after attacking the hermit
  • Updated description of "Everybody Likes Me" and "Destroyer of Worlds" Achievements/Trophies to reduce confusion
  • Fixed the player's weapon becoming invisible when trying to attack while using the inhaler with the weapon holstered
  • Fixed facial animations not playing in certain conditions
  • Fixed NPCs continuing to climb beyond the end of a ladder on the Unreliable if the player started a conversation while they were climbing
  • Fixed not being able to open the Ledger if the player has unspent Skill points and two NPCs are conversing
  • Fixed Raptidon Collosi being able to knock targets hundreds of meters
  • Fixed Julius Moreau missing voice-over on a line of dialog
  • Fixed not being able to hit enemies with ranged weapons from point-blank range
  • Fixed various issues when trying to fire a ranged weapon and use quick-melee simultaneously
  • Fixed modded Flamethrowers being able to damage targets through walls
  • Fixed Raptidon Matriarch being invulnerable to Flamethrower damage during certain animations
  • Fixed beam weapons being able to lock on to underground targets
  • Fixed the reload animation playing too fast when exiting Tactical Time Dilation
  • Fixed a missing collision issue in Amber Heights
  • Fixed a spot in the Byzantium Tunnels that allowed the player to fall out of the map
  • Fixed not unlocking the Cascadia landing pad fast travel point in certain circumstances
  • Fixed collision issue in Edgewater junkyard
  • Fixed grass showing through the floor in Fallbrook
  • Fixed low-resolution blood textures in Labyrinth
  • Fixed a temporary asset being visible in Monarch
  • Fixed collision issues in Monarch
  • Fixed flickering geometry in Stellar Bay
  • Fixed rare cases of characters falling through the world as it was loading
  • Fixed "Hemlock's Eyepatch" unique item being weightless
  • Fixed rare instances of player response options not being available after loading a save
  • Fixed an issue resulting in duplicate items appearing
  • Fixed consumable durations not updating correctly after saving and loading
  • Updated credits to correct a title, added two focus tester names, and added a developer that was uncredited
  • Fixed instances of missing text when playing in non-English languages
  • Fixed German localization issues
  • Fixed Japanese localization issues
  • Fixed various text errors

To continue to report issues you come across and to share suggestions for the game, please visit the Technical Support forums for The Outer Worlds and search to see if a fellow player has already made a thread about it to help reduce duplicate threads. If you find a thread that matches your issue or suggestion, then please feel free to leave a comment and include any details you would like to share.

If you are not able to find a similar thread, then please share it with us on our forums and then visit our publishing partner, Private Division, and share this issue with them through their support website. This will help ensure that your specific issue or suggestion is in their queue and will allow us to prioritize requests to provide the fastest possible turnaround time.

You all are the best community we could have asked for. Thank you for being awesome!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Split off a discussion about widescreen here

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I just wanted to answer a few of the comments here. First, I would like to let you know that HDR support will not be coming to the game, so we apologize for any inconveniences this may be causing some of you. Regarding the small font size, we are working on this and hopefully will have more information for you all soon. Same goes for ultrawide screen support; this is being investigated and we will keep you all updated. The Long Ranger bug is also being investigated, thank you for the report.

As for the "Head Bobbing" option, we did receive reports from some players that this was negatively impacting their game play, making them sick or dizzy. Because of this, the ability to turn the head bobbing on and off was added.

Now regarding the PS4 saving issue, we are still investigating this issue. At this time, if you are experiencing this can you please contact our publishing partner, Private Division, so they can collect the information we need to help our investigation? They have been fantastic in assisting us with all these issues and have been helping us compile the information needed to further our investigation.

I hope this information helps, and if there is something I missed, please let m know. Thank you!

• Like 1

I have encountered an annoying game breaking bug where the game freezes on loading screen and then crashes to the desktop i cant play this game at all.

playing on xbox game pass for pc

please fix as its hard to enjoy a game you can't launch

4 hours ago, Oldcynic68 said:

I have encountered an annoying game breaking bug where the game freezes on loading screen and then crashes to the desktop i cant play this game at all.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this. If you haven't yet, can you please contact our Publishing Partner so they can investigate into this further for you? You can contact them here. Hopefully they can help you resolve this quickly so you can get back to the Halcyon Colony.

On 1/14/2020 at 11:43 AM, Oldcynic68 said:

That´s weird, I also play on xbox game pass for pc and the only bug I have encountered so far is the one that "makes" the skin tone of your character always black, but I read that it has something to do with AMD drivers.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 10:48 PM, liquience said:

Just wanted to give another +1 for ultrawide support -- I'm on 32:9 and the game is difficult to enjoy.

+2 for ultrawide!  It's not like these monitors are brand new tech, or sold after game release. 

On 1/20/2020 at 12:07 AM, Francisco said:

That´s weird, I also play on xbox game pass for pc and the only bug I have encountered so far is the one that "makes" the skin tone of your character always black, but I read that it has something to do with AMD drivers.

cheeck out my post might have solveed crashes i coveer 9 options suggeested by technical support i opted for all of them and the game seems prettty stable now

I have more or less stopped following Obsidian, but i must say, it is a good thing "The Outer Worlds" have a good patching policy like both "Pillars" had. This makes a huge difference to see a game being taken care of by devs after release. I'm relieved to see Obs beeing bought has not yet destroyed this good policy. I only hope for Obs to create good, deep, complex RPGs, like "New Vegas" was, rather than diluted things for the sake of accessibility, and prove me wrong when i say it will end up like Bioware or Bethesda did.

Well, i still haven't finished Pillars 1 or even installed Pillars 2 and its auto-healing 'thing' though ^^'

• 4 weeks later...
  • Shyla unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 1/8/2020 at 8:40 PM, Shyla said:

As for the "Head Bobbing" option, we did receive reports from some players that this was negatively impacting their game play, making them sick or dizzy. Because of this, the ability to turn the head bobbing on and off was added.

I have no such option in my settings. Game pass, Win 10. Version number says 1.3.470.0.

Nevermind that, 32:9 does some weird things to the UI. Found it.

Edited by Svelemoe
wrong