Patch 1.2 Coming Soon!

Greetings fellow spacers,

We would like to thank you all for the continued feedback and reports for The Outer Worlds. We have been hard at work doing as much as we can to help improve your gaming experience, and as such we are preparing to release Patch 1.2 to everyone as early as next week for all platforms.

There will be a lot going into the game with this patch, but for now we wanted to highlight a few of the changes/fixes being applied to the game when this patch goes live:

Top Community Requests:

• Updated the "Large Text Mode" setting to apply to Examinables
  • Added "Chromatic Aberration" setting to all platforms
  • Added "Controller Aiming Sensitivity" setting to all platforms
  • Added "Head Bobbing" setting to all platforms
  • Added "Field of View" setting to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 platforms
  • Fixed weapons unholstering when interacting with the environment
  • Fixed additional cases of companion quests being marked as Botched incorrectly

Additional Changes/Fixes:

• Fixed audio cutting out when scrolling on the map
  • Added a notification for when companions gain Perks from quests
  • Fixed companions calling the player's attacks ineffective, even if they were dealing appropriate damage
  • Fixed the Prismatic Hammer not benefiting from several melee Skills and Perks
  • Fixed the Prismatic Hammer not benefiting from Critical Hits
  • Increased damage of Handguns
  • Fixed "Pack Mule" Perks not applying while on the Unreliable
  • Fixed Dr. Chartrand attacking the player after she agrees to help them
  • Fixed the "Look Up" and "Look Down" keybindings being swapped
  • Added "Foliage" graphics setting for PC platform
  • Added "Enable Cinematic Kill Camera" setting
  • Updated Vendor UI to show carry weight and encumbrance limit
  • Updated item tooltips to better indicate Pristine items
  • Added item sorting options to the Companion and Workbench screens
  • Added SuperNova survival meters to the Consumables screen

We are excited to get this out to everyone and we will have a full list of all the fixes posted when Patch 1.2 is live.

To continue to report issues you come across and to share suggestions for the game, please visit the Technical Support forums for The Outer Worlds and search to see if a fellow player has already made a thread about it to help reduce duplicate threads. If you find a thread that matches your issue or suggestion, then please feel free to leave a comment and include any details you would like to share.

If you are not able to find a similar thread, then please share it with us on our forums and then visit our publishing partner, Private Division, and share this issue with them through their support website. This will help ensure that your specific issue or suggestion is in their queue and will allow us to prioritize requests to provide the fastest possible turnaround time.

Thank you again everyone for your patience and help in reporting issues and feedback, we appreciate everything you have been sharing with us.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Shyla pinned this topic

Could you tell us what  "Large Text Mode" setting to apply to Examinables relates to? Does that mean that the items in your inventory etc will have larger text?inventory 

This is the big problem i have when playing the game. I cant read the inventory item details as the text is far too small.

Heres hoping!

Thanks.

Updated the "Large Text Mode" setting to apply to Examinables

I seriously do not understand why is this such a hard thing to implement. Two patches and two failures. Add a simple text-size slider, so we can change the text size on the Inventory/Character-building menus. The embedded scrolling function will prevent it from overflowing, so design is not an issue here.

Please, listen to your users. This is completely ruining a game that I think would otherwise be fairly enjoyable to me.

Thanks for the other updates though.

On 12/7/2019 at 9:52 PM, Vladan said:

Any word on proper support for ultrawide aspect ratio (21:9)?

I imagine this topic will be met with silence as they still haven't bothered by the looks of it... Another nail in the coffin of me buying games at or even near release.