Could Someone Point Me in the Right Direction?

I'm trying to apply an accuracy penalty to dual-wielding, but I want it to take effect independent of whether or not two weapon style is active. There must be a status effect for having one weapon in each hand (unrelated to any ability) because doing so impacts recovery time even without two weapon style, I just cant find where/what it is. 

Could someone please point me in the right direction or give me a brief rundown for how to apply an accuracy penalty whenever a character has a weapon in each hand? Thanks in advance!

Don't know how it's handeled in Deadfire, but in PoE dual wielding (carrying two weapons) didn't actually have a status effect. It was two handed and single handed usage that got a malus. So maybe it's the same in Deadfire and instead of looking for a bonus you should be looking for a malus...?

But anyway: if you can find the entry for Two Weapon Style which somwhow hooks onto dual wielding it should be easier to see which conditions must be met so that this ability is used for attack speed calculations when dual wielding. You could then maybe simply copy Two Weapon Style, name it something like "Two Weapon Malus" and instead of +15% attack speed it does -10 accuracy or something. Then you automatically add it to every character as a invisible passive. Shouldn't that work? 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You'd probably have to create your own passive ability that only activates with the conditional that the player has a weapon in slot 1 and slot 2.  I say this because I think the recovery penalty is not a normal status effect and is in the "base" code that isn't exported into the gamedatabundles, but I'm not sure.

Edited by Grape_You_In_The_Mouth
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Grape_You_In_The_Mouth said:

You'd probably have to create your own passive ability that only activates with the conditional that the player has a weapon in slot 1 and slot 2.  I say this because I think the recovery penalty is not a normal status effect and is in the "base" code that isn't exported into the gamedatabundles, but I'm not sure.

So there are two entries in global.gamedatabundle ("DualWeaponRecoveryMultiplier" and "DualWeaponFullAttackDamageMultiplier"). There are also status effect entries for both dual-wielding (the automatic recovery bonus) and two weapon style (the passive ability and added recovery bonus). Unfortunately Visual Code isn't letting me format the latter for some reason so pasting it here would look like gibberish.

In either case, I think your solution - an unseen passive effect based on the boolean values for weapon slots - would be the most versatile option. Just two questions:

1. How would I make sure that passive is assigned to every character and enemy in the game?

2. Would you be willing/able to provide a code outline for the ability (or status effect)? I've had some experience modding existing abilities, items, etc, but I'm completely lost as to how to create a new ability/status effect and make sure it gets automatically applied. Any help you could provide would be really appreciated; thank you for your advice so far.

Edited by Purudaya

On 12/6/2019 at 6:33 AM, Boeroer said:

But anyway: if you can find the entry for Two Weapon Style which somwhow hooks onto dual wielding it should be easier to see which conditions must be met so that this ability is used for attack speed calculations when dual wielding. You could then maybe simply copy Two Weapon Style, name it something like "Two Weapon Malus" and instead of +15% attack speed it does -10 accuracy or something. Then you automatically add it to every character as a invisible passive. Shouldn't that work? 

I hadn't thought of it that way. Two Weapon Style relies on the "Two_Weapon_Style_SE_DualWieldAttackSpeed" status effect, so I'm not sure if that complicates things. I'm pretty sure I know how to make an ability invisible, but how would I make sure it gets added to every character, including enemies? Thanks for your advice so far, I really appreciate it.

• Like 1

Just take a passive ability like Fast Runner or something, remove the class code to all 0's, then make an Append gamedata file and make an entry as a level 0 auto grant skill, one for each class.  The pt_ ability tables will have examples of auto grants, and I already made a walkthrough on how to do the Append (I think it's on the pinned post at the top of the forums).  The passive ability could have a large aura size and effect all so that every enemy is affected, but make sure you look at passive abilities that affect enemies, because maybe you have to make one passive for you and one for the AOE effecting enemies, I'm not sure.

Edited by Grape_You_In_The_Mouth
  • Thanks 1