Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Coming to Consoles January 28, 2020

Greetings, Watchers,

We are excited to announce that Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Ultimate Edition will be coming to Xbox One and PS4 on January 28, 2020, with the Nintendo Switch version release date to be announced early next year.

This console version will include all the major updates available for the PC version, and will also come with the three expansions: Beast of Winter, Seeker, Slayer, Survivor, and Forgotten Sanctum.

You will be able to digitally pre-order Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Ultimate Edition through the Microsoft Store and PlayStation storefronts later today. A physical version will also be available in the form of a Standard Edition and Ultimate Collector's Edition courtesy of THQ Nordic. For more details regarding this release, visit the Versus Evil announcement post here.

26b6ac4c-96b1-4bf3-a594-2600de7d69ef.png

Cheers,

The Deadfire team

As always, feel free to reach out (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or on our forums) and let us know your comments, your critiques, and what you love about the game. We enjoy reading everything that you share!

• Like 3

• Shyla pinned this topic

I hope it includes the same save game import feature it has on PC. I recently picked up PoE for PS4 to beat it on time for the Deadfire console release. Also better loading times and the unlimited stash the PC versions have would be welcome editions.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

60€ the console game version? (Euro zone) is too much for a game that is 2 years old, it will not benefit sales, it will not improve the sales it had on PC, for that price it will not improve at all.

10€ make a difference, you can read forums that are willing to pay 50€, but not 60€, to me particularly this is indifferent, I have it on PC, but as a user who used to play console, it seems an excessive price, good luck.

I understand that there are some expenses to cover, I also understand that in some countries of Europe we pay an over price, it is the fault of taxes, but the end user does not have to deal with these problems, he wants a powerful price, and more when we talk about a game that already has time.

It is better to sell 10 games at 20 than 5 to 30, this is already an old acquaintance.

Edited by davoker

Baldur's Gate I + II Enhanced Edition costs ~55€ for consoles while it's 16€ on Steam.

Divinity:OS II: 60€

So Deadfire's price for consoles is nothing special it seems. You have to keep in mind that those are often Ultimate/Definitive/Whowzawhoopwhoop version with all kinds of stuff, too (not that anybody would need that whole package but still).

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

i have no specific comment on the pricing here, but when the switch was getting a bunch of ports of older games at release, they were all at full-price, too. i think this is just the world of console-release pricing. (it also means they could sell it for a lower, more reasonable price 40USD/EUR and call it a "33% off!" sale. it's lame, but it works, psychologically. some game devs even got caught redhanded raising their game prices jsut before the steam summer sale so they could claim massive discounts, when it was barely any amount off at all.)

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Baldur's Gate I + II Enhanced Edition costs ~55€ for consoles while it's 16€ on Steam.

So Deadfire's price for consoles is nothing special it seems. You have to keep in mind that those are often Ultimate/Definitive/Whowzawhoopwhoop version with all kinds of stuff, too (not that anybody would need that whole package but still).

Yes, I suppose that the price is very fat on the console, the BGs is another case, it is disproportionate, even more those, which have more years yet, many xD that does not help sales of course, and this genre is not for Everybody, there is a very specific public, if you make it difficult (with high prices) they don't even bother watching the game.

And it is a shame, I would like it to have good sales, because that means more possibilities to see a POE3, I hope that at least they have enough sales so that this idea continues around their heads xD

Edited by davoker

• Shyla unpinned this topic
On 1/27/2020 at 1:10 PM, Tommy1984 said:

Any news yet when the Switch version will be released? I really want to replay PoE2 on the go.

Unfortunately we don't have any news on the Nintendo Switch port at this time, but we will keep you up to date with information as we receive it!

• Like 1

Shyla, may I ask you to check what the latest official word is on the Deadfire novella that was promised during the Fig campaign?

It hasn't been released yet and there have been no updates since the end of the campaign. I understand there can be any number of perfectly valid reasons for being unable to deliver the novella—it's just that being in the dark doesn't feel particularly amazing.

Thanks!

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

On 12/7/2019 at 12:30 PM, Joe Data said:

My two wishes for the PS4 port: Less crashes and faster load times than "Pillars of Eternity". Hey, it's the holidays, so one can make wishes. 😀

Looks like neither were granted:

• "on average, loading screens are up for around one minute and twenty five seconds" and "If you go into a building to talk to a guy to hand in a quest, then want to head off to a new district to do something else, you'll get a load screen as you enter the building, one as you leave the building, and then another as you travel to the new district. That's four and a half minutes loading to about thirty seconds of gameplay."
  • "The game crashes with alarming regularity, so there's a reload every time you get blue screened"

Now I got a PS4 Pro (which has faster disk access) with an SSD, so my loading times would probably be shorter. But from the roughly 60 hours I sunk int "PoE 1" so far, way more than half are loading times, fiddling with the inventory to sell stuff and to check whether a weapon/some equipment is good for a character. Why, o why, can't you switch characters while you check out a a weapon/some equipment?

I guess I'll have to skip this one.

Thank you for Deadfire on console, i was waiting since I ended POE, but i really hope you will patch it soon, there is a lot of problems with it on PS4, crash of the dead (blue screen), too few infos on abilities during fight (miss a lot of crucial informations), freezes, long load screens, etc...
Feel free to check the forums, to see by yourself, or better try the game on PS4...

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

• 1 year later...
On 1/27/2020 at 5:46 PM, Boeroer said:

Want to hear a funny story?
I got the Whowzawhoopwhoop version of PoE and you get things like strategy guides as such (all as digital, nothing physical) - one of the things you get is a movie of how the game came to be - very cool and interesting, but you can also watch it on Youtube. Anyway, I thought I'd make some space on my hard drive by deleting some of this stuff - guess what happens if you do a file check on steam? Yep, it downloads the movie and all the other guff. lol.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, guys! Warm hello from Russia. 
Right now I’m really enjoy playing PoE on PS5. That’s why I bought the Deadfire Ultimate Edition recently for my future playthrough. Frankly speaking, I was a bit disappointed due to the fact the game runs with 30 fps lock. 
I really wonder is there any chance to get some short update from you with 60 fps upgrade? I believe it’s obvious and essential now for current consoles generation. Besides PC version has this option to put a fps cap. 
Looking forward to see your reply!

Sincerely yours. 

Edited by AngryHofmann

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/6/2021 at 2:27 PM, AngryHofmann said:

Is this forum still alive? 

Or maybe somebody can advice how to get some reaction from Obsidian team?

It's kinda dead 😄 I'm relatively new myself. But if you need help or advice on POE/POE2 you can PM me if you want. I can't promise I'll have all the answers though.

9 hours ago, Boeroer said:

If it would be dead you wouldn't have gotten answers for all of the topics you created during the last weeks, would you? 😏

Hehe true. In all honesty if you weren't here @Boeroer  I'm not sure I would be either. You have been so nice and helpful all this time sharing your knowledge left and right. So I'm trying to pass this along somewhat by trying to help people if I can myself, but I try to avoid giving pointless advice if I'm unsure. I wish all communities had a guy like you.

I also can't believe I slept on this game. I think it's a masterpiece tbh. Not perfect, but I'd call it a mandatory RPG experience like BG, IWD, PS:T back in the day. I've read that sales were a bit weak/mediocre, but I personally think - as someone who has had gaming as a hobby for 20 years and RPGs being my favorite - that  Obsidian should be pretty damn proud of this game.

Edited by Ouroboros226
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...