Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Owlcat Games' next isometric Pathfinder RPG

Infinitron

6 minutes ago, Sarex said:

I mean, the story in Kingmaker wasn't so hot either...

well at least you are not infused by angel power on lvl1 xD

• Haha 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

22 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

It's a mythic campaign so expect lots of epic cheese

Yep

Again, vanilla encounters are going to feel dumb, but you'll definitely need to bring the cheddar for the optional stuff.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Just now, ShadySands said:

Casu martzu

given the presence o' deskari minions in both the ap and the cheese, am applauding your choice.

our first post in this thread:

gonna observe how the eye-roll inducing cheese aroma were palpable from before the kickstarter were funded.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Downloading it now, going to play around with a few builds I may run in a few months when the game is hopefully more stable. Currently planning on Magus/Trickster, Bloodrager/Demon, and Druid or Shaman/Swarm. Any other class/mythic combos yall want me to check out?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

11 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Does the "Elemental Bloodline Arcana - Water" ability, which you can switch on/off change all the spells to cold damage, like fireball or acid arrow, for example?

If it works like pnp it should. If that's the case an Elemental Sorc just got a lot more appealing, IIRC that Arcana isn't implemented in Kingmaker.

Edit: I'd have to rule dive, but per pnp it should affect energy damage. This obviously means Elemental damage, but could exclude alignment damage (like holy, unholy), force, or negative/positive. I don't think it should though.

Edited by KP the meanie zucchini
  • Thanks 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

19 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Thanks. One way or another, I think I'll play a little bit so maybe I have a chance to finde out for sure.

White fox (with that cool portrait) + Nine Tails Heir Sorcerer subclass + cold element looks interesting to me. I imagine fire won't have the same appeal with all these demons around.

Aktually....Demons are immune to Electricity, Devils are the ones immune to Fire.

Edit: And testing with a Earth Elemental Sorc hitting himself with magic missile, snowball, ray of frost, and jolt.... elemental damage gets transmuted to acid but force does not. So I think we may be looking at just transmuting elemental damage.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

Aktually....Demons are immune to Electricity, Devils are the ones immune to Fire.

Without giving anything away, I'll say that neither should stop a player from building a character around either element

• Thanks 1
  • Gasp! 1

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

So after testing it some more, it seems there is an opportunity to change your Mythic Path at some point. I did cheat to do this, and one of the paths remains locked while one that wasn't announced during the kickstarter campaign was available. Don't look unless you want to be spoiled.

Spoiler

Demon, Trickster, Aeon, Lich, Angel, and Azata are options at the start. From what I can tell, you're locked into whatever you pick until Rank 6, where you can choose between your original choice and Devil, Gold Dragon, and a locked option (even with cheating) that just has to be Swarm. It seems you can go back and forth at this point, So Angel-Gold Dragon-Angel would be possible. I played around with Devil and Lich and it seems that switching to Devil prevented me from grabbing Mythic Feats and Abilities.

Mythic Legend doesn't seem to be an option, so either cheat bug on my end or you have to become a mythical creature of some sort.

Oh yeah, and it looks like Kingmaker weapons are in the game files at least.

• Hmmm 1

11 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

So after testing it some more, it seems there is an opportunity to change your Mythic Path at some point. I did cheat to do this, and one of the paths remains locked while one that wasn't announced during the kickstarter campaign was available. Don't look unless you want to be spoiled.

Hide contents

Demon, Trickster, Aeon, Lich, Angel, and Azata are options at the start. From what I can tell, you're locked into whatever you pick until Rank 6, where you can choose between your original choice and Devil, Gold Dragon, and a locked option (even with cheating) that just has to be Swarm. It seems you can go back and forth at this point, So Angel-Gold Dragon-Angel would be possible. I played around with Devil and Lich and it seems that switching to Devil prevented me from grabbing Mythic Feats and Abilities.

Mythic Legend doesn't seem to be an option, so either cheat bug on my end or you have to become a mythical creature of some sort.

Oh yeah, and it looks like Kingmaker weapons are in the game files at least.

Yes and no.

Options are available to the player based upon choices they make during the story. First two levels are generic mythic levels, but upon reaching the third, you must pick a single path (the game won't allow you to advance until you do).

Spoiler

Later in the game (again depending on choices) you *may* have an option to do something else, but the player cannot alternate the way you've described. *If* that option is presented (and taken) my understanding is that your mythic level is reset and you're locked into the new option. Because these alleged events transpire in parts of the game not available in the beta, I have to rely on what I've heard.

Edited by Achilles
  • Gasp! 1

Ok, I spoiled myself on some mythic stuff. Don't look if you want to go in completely blind, and take it with a grain of salt. 

You're a generic mythic hero at ranks 1 and 2, you get a mythic feat (requires normal feat, either ok or a massive buff) at rank 1, and a mythic ability (kind of like a feat, but from a different list, range from ok to really good) at rank 2. Or maybe I have them mixed up, but you pick from a different list every level. You continue to progress this way regardless of path. You also get an ability that is analogous to the starting paths. I do not know if they lock you into a path or not, I would assume no.

Aeon, Angel, Azata, Demon, Lich, and Trickster are the starting paths and you have to choose one. They have fairly simple unlocks and you'll end up getting at least one. They all have spell books, so even non-casters get their hands on spells. I have not looked too deeply into all of them, but they all have at least some spells and a pool of abilities to choose from. So you could do a melee Lich or a caster Demon if you wanted.

Later paths can be chosen at rank 8. Picking one seems to lock you into the new path, and I don't know if it removes previous path abilities. I would assume so, because the new paths have abilities that look much stronger. Review copies had these mechanics locked, so expect to wait a few days to hear anything. I don't think they have their own spellbooks like the other paths.

Legend is the only one that is unable to be missed. If you pick it, you drop everything but the mythic feats and abilities. No cool spells or powers for the Legend. The big thing the Legend gets is a doubled level cap at 40 and faster xp rate, but individual class caps have not changed so you'll have to multiclass. Oh, and you can pretty much ignore corruption now.

Gold Dragon requires specific actions to unlock. Involving a Dragon. It gets a ton of stat boosts, can turn into a Dragon, and can blast with Holy breath. Probably a good option for good characters who don't want Angel casting or do Azata stuff, but buffs casters too.

Devil requires you be an Aeon or Azata to meet a specific character. You then have to follow his advice and he sets up a trial for you. It looks like Devils can give both Angel and Demon powers.

Swarm requires very specific actions that are very evil and hard to just stumble into. If you take this path all of your companions leave you, but you can make clones of yourself and solo the game.

Well, that's all I want to do with this game right now. I'll give it a go in a few months or so.

How's the bombardier in "Pathfinder: War of the Fromage"? It was v. fun in Kingmaker and I'd just stick with it instead of expected "Take a level of Monk, add a dash of Berserker, sprinkle lightly with some grated Azata etc" nonsense, but I don't trust Owlcat not to make fiends holy bomb-proof or something. :getlost:

whoever say that fights are easy - not that much for me xD

also un-skipable ingame cutscenes before fights are BANE of me

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

23 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

whoever say that fights are easy - not that much for me xD

also un-skipable ingame cutscenes before fights are BANE of me

Kingmaker or WoR? Because WoR is pretty unbalanced at the moment.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

It's been my experience that most games of this type are relatively harder at earlier levels when characters don't have a lot of tools at their disposal. As the game progresses and characters level up, they become more powerful and the game feels a bit easier.

In Wrath, vanilla encounters have the potential (depending on your build) to become yawn-fests because mythic stuff will make your party almost god-like.

Final thought here: it feels like they actually toned down some of more difficult encounters in the first act. My 2 cents.