Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Owlcat Games' next isometric Pathfinder RPG

Infinitron

An interesting note. On the Steam page for this game there are items already listed under additional content for this game. One is a season pass, and if you click on that it says season pass for the three upcoming DLCs for this game. So three DLCs confirmed. :)

• Like 3

Ninja'd while writing lmao.

No word on if any DLC will feature new classes or fears, though at this point the main classes left are either complicated or bad.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

today there were a hotfix for the bug which prevents players from being able to interact with vendors, which was one o' the reasons we stopped playing. so, that's good.

everything else which is broken, such as oracles being fubar and numerous animal companion bugs and crusade glitches (pre and post drezen) remain.

might give the beta a try now that we are able to converse with quest npcs reliably as well as buy and sell stuff. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps it is current possible to choose oracle as long as it is not your level 1 choice and keeping in mind nature is still a broken mystery which will lead to you needing exit the level-up window. so, repeat and restate to be clear, oracle is doable as long as it isn't your starting class and recognizing you cannot take the nature mystery. am not sure if you may add nature via a mythic powha.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

If we're lucky, WoTR will be stable by Spetember 2022. I believe Kingmaker is still currently broken near the (near) end game area, where companion confrontations can just stop the game.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

On 7/23/2021 at 7:40 PM, kanisatha said:

An interesting note. On the Steam page for this game there are items already listed under additional content for this game. One is a season pass, and if you click on that it says season pass for the three upcoming DLCs for this game. So three DLCs confirmed. :)

This is interesting indeed. But for me, it also means a significant delay until I'll start playing. Given the bugs the previous game had, it seems reasonable to wait until all three DLCs are out and only then start the game. Which is perfectly fine.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

This is interesting indeed. But for me, it also means a significant delay until I'll start playing. Given the bugs the previous game had, it seems reasonable to wait until all three DLCs are out and only then start the game. Which is perfectly fine.

Fair enough, but you/everyone should check out the details of the three DLCs first (the info is now there on the Steam store page). For me, I find DLC#2 to be interesting but not so much DLCs 1 and 3. So I have to wonder if the season pass is for me. But then again, if they have any systems updates/expansions in each DLC, well, then I have to get them all.

Also to add to the note, in their most recent dev interview/stream, they do mention that there could be additional DLCs beyond this initial three, and the season pass will cover all future DLCs.

29 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

Fair enough, but you/everyone should check out the details of the three DLCs first (the info is now there on the Steam store page). For me, I find DLC#2 to be interesting but not so much DLCs 1 and 3.

Fair point, and thanks. Indeed, the dungeon crawl DLC in P:K was not interesting at all, and if there's anything like that intended for the next one (I'll check the DLCs out in just a moment), I won't get that one.

From Steam Page:

DLC #1

New additional campaign. Import your character from the main campaign to the moment of their greatest triumph — their victory over the Worldwound. Answer a plea from a powerful entity and leave Golarion behind to defend the space-time continuum against imminent collapse. Use your unparalleled mythic powers to do battle with truly invincible opponents. This additional campaign offers 7–8 hours of gameplay.

DLC #2

New additional campaign. The demon attack on Kenabres changed the lives of many. While the mythic hero and their loyal companions were busy liberating the city, the common folk had to find a way to survive, relying only on their humble skills.
Band together with other survivors and try to reach the Defender's Heart tavern, the last foothold of the crusader forces in the city. Choose who will join your group, and make difficult decisions about allocating scarce resources. Remember — in fire-ravaged Kenabres, every scroll and potion could make the difference not only in an individual fight, but also to your very survival. Act in the group's best interests or focus solely on your own well-being. Import your choices to the main campaign and look forward to seeing this story develop in other DLC. This additional campaign offers 6–7 hours of gameplay.

DLC #3

A new rogue-like mode with partial integration into the main campaign. In Alushinyrra's port, climb aboard a cursed ship that will transport you to a mysterious whirlpool lost amidst the Midnight Isles. Dive in and discover a dungeon whose proportions you can only guess at. Go exploring in search of glory, loot, and battles, and come face to face with a secret that will benefit either Nocticula, the mistress of the archipelago, or her enemies. The dungeon's levels, created using random zone generation, are populated with various enemies, devious traps, and secret rooms. You will return victorious to Alushinyrra — or else the cursed ship will return on its own, laden with trophies from the last expedition, to await new adventure-seekers.

I suppose Prey proved that rogue-like DLC can work - not sure if Owncat has chops for it. I found Kingmaker's rogue-like DLC to be a waste of my time. I like to buy and play complete packages, but with WotR I think I will wait to see how I like base game first. 

That said, I googled some WotC gameplay videos.... and they made HoM&M like-minigame for army battles? Me like!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wormerine said:

I googled some WotC gameplay videos.... and they made HoM&M like-minigame for army battles? Me like!

Yeah from the beginning they said HoM&M was going to be their inspiration for the strategic-level mini-game battles. I believe some of their devs worked on HoM&M. I myself don't care for that type of battles, and a dev told me in the KS forum it would be optional and the game will allow that mini-game to be automated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://forum.owlcatgames.com/t/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous-beta-version-0-8-1/40395

nature mystery is still not available to oracles.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

So much for 2x CHA to AC, CHA to saves, INT to AC, and mutagen + sneak attack.

My only hope is that the full release is playable and that I don't need to wait for the 'ultimate game of the year we fixed all the bugs we swear' edition.

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

10 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Let the war begin!

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Aktually, Wizards in 5e cast like PF1 Arcanists, who can pretty much btfo other casters in PF PnP cuz they can change their prepared spells on the fly and chow down on potions or wands to cast spells at lvl 20. Based on the beta, that won't be in PotR.

9 minutes ago, Sarex said:

My only hope is that the full release is playable and that I don't need to wait for the 'ultimate game of the year we fixed all the bugs we swear' edition.

It won't.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ShadySands said:

So...

Best game ever or best game all-time? 

Best game in a realm where time has no meaning and reality shifts constantly under the whims of eldritch horrors that can't be truly conceived of by mortal minds.

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

So...

Best game ever or best game all-time? 

am thinking wotr is solid in the running for best pathfinder crpg. is also possible wotr could be the least stable pathfinder crpg at release.

the current beta may be worth playing up to chapter 3, beyond which crusade management is clear broken to an extreme degree. 

am not sure what is with nature and oracles as it were bugged but working previous. disallow the curious ac bonus stacking with scaled fist and am suspecting the bulk o' concerns is eliminated. from a technical pov, am not sure what the issue could be though. sure, is large numbers o' animal companion bugs, but nature is a verboten selection before the oracle has a chance to select an animal companion. 

while we had previous tested an admitted busted scaled fist/paladin/thug nature oracle, we were looking to experiment with a spontaneous divine caster benefiting from a level 1 animal companion build and not some kinda munchkin option. heck, we were even gonna go azata instead o' angel. 

positive: owlcat did address arueshalae's busted fe options. negative: their fix makes clear they is intending on keeping the curious magic/slaughter/strength split for the demon subset o' outsider favoured enemies. have not looked to see if the demonslayer ranger archetype, celestial bloodline powha and similar outsider based features remain busted in the new build, but am admitting we would be pleasant surprised if such stuff had been addressed.

am hopeful wotr is mostly playable through chapter four by the time o' release. am fully cognizant o' the owlcat limitations in writing/storytelling and we got more than a few problems with pathfinder in general. wotr will not be fully baked at release-- nearing certainty. etc. our expectations is limited, so chances for disappointment, while nevertheless significant, is also limited.

go out on a limb and suggest wotr is in the running for best pathfinder crpg. is as far as we go.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

ps 

compare wotr with bg3 isn't something which has occupied our imagination, and am not gonna force our self to consider. however, am gonna recognize how after playing a few hours o' bg3 beta, we lost interest in the title. combat, story elements and larian 5e implementation in the beta all left us not wanting more.

that said, am suspecting bg3 will sell well enough and fans o' d:os2 have been happy with bg3 from what little we has seen via the intraweb. is not shocking larian would make a game which appeals to the fans o' their successful previous title. smart. 

but for Gromnir... meh. bg3 beta were just meh. 

not a comparison o' the games themselves, but will observe we have already spent far more with the wotr beta than we could foresee us investing in the final release o' bg3. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

ps 

compare wotr with bg3 isn't something which has occupied our imagination, and am not gonna force our self to consider. however, am gonna recognize how after playing a few hours o' bg3 beta, we lost interest in the title. combat, story elements and larian 5e implementation in the beta all left us not wanting more.

that said, am suspecting bg3 will sell well enough and fans o' d:os2 have been happy with bg3 from what little we has seen via the intraweb. is not shocking larian would make a game which appeals to the fans o' their successful previous title. smart. 

but for Gromnir... meh. bg3 beta were just meh. 

not a comparison o' the games themselves, but will observe we have already spent far more with the wotr beta than we could foresee us investing in the final release o' bg3. 

HA! Good Fun!

I thought 5e rules in BG3 were pretty close to paper ones? Don't get me wrong, I think they suck, but its not Larian fault. On contrary I like Larian combat systems but story will probably suck, yeah. My only hope is that some modders will create some Sigil andvetures in that engine. That would be sweet to replay Nameless one story with actually decent combat system

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

6 hours ago, Gromnir said:

go out on a limb and suggest wotr is in the running for best pathfinder crpg. is as far as we go.

After my last run through the beta, I still had a pathfinder "itch" but recognized that I definitely needed a break from wrath. So I fired up Kingmaker for the first time in a long while.

YRMV, but kingmaker is almost unplayable for me now.

I don't think Wrath will be best game ever, but so long as we don't get any more end of game scenarios that completely override player choices, I'll be keeping a sharp eye out for whatever their third game is

Edited by Achilles
  • Thanks 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

am thinking that when chapter four became available via the beta, more than a few diehard owlcat fans were surprised at the instability. we haven't even seen chapter five and six, but the most recent build, which added content, resulted in another step back in stability.  the current state o' the beta, with the release date quick approaching, has managed to make even a few o' the more vocal message board defenders o' owlcat question whether a september release is wise. 

keep in mind, when the beta were first available, we were optimistic 'bout the game release and we were pleasant surprised by how stable the game played, and this from a crpg fan who were extreme critical o' kingmaker. however, much has changed since february, and owlcat's efforts to improve ain't as enjoyable as a springsteen tune

recognize how kingmaker is a buggy mess even today is also not encouraging. 

expectations should be tempered. we will be playing wotr in september 'cause for us is just a functional continuation o' the beta, but am recognizing many is gonna be less forgiving o' what is a work in progress with a whole lotta progress needing happen before the game is anything but a frustrating charlie fox experience for all but the most dedicated kingmaker fans.

HA! Good Fun!