Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Owlcat Games' next isometric Pathfinder RPG

Infinitron

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

am also relieved, but a third beta at such a late date does suggest owlcat is aware the game is in need of significant fixes. unless the release date is altered, am thinking we need accept september 2nd will be the start of the fourth beta, even if is not called such. am personal resigned to such and am ok with it, but am also realizing most sane people is gonna be expecting at least a nominal finished product.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

I'm unable to create a new character so I'm reinstalling and hoping that fixes everything

am not having difficulty creating a new character, save to note owlcat is keeping their curious demon sub-categories for favoured enemies, which broke any number o' class features in the previous beta build.

HA! Good Fun!

It was an issue with mods. I had to uninstall unity mod manager to get everything running smoothly again. 

e: I take that back. Still unable to create Oracles because it bugs out when selecting a mystery

e2: Seems only Nature mystery is messing it up 

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

am having troubles with any mystery save ancestor.

HA! Good Fun

• Thanks 1

major bug:

if you save and then load on a map, non party npcs on the map in question may from that point forward be rendered incapable o' dialogue interaction. 

complete exit the game and reload does not fix.

this is a quest killer bug and as such am setting the wotr beta aside for the moment.

HA! Good Fun!

8 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Waiting on some hotfixes before continuing. Can't even beat the shield maze as it is right now.

am similar not intending on playing 'til more than a couple o' these bugs is addressed.

is actual kinda amazing just how bad this build is busted with so little time remaining 'til september.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Theonlygarby said:

I'll be buying this game.  And likely feeling dumb when I struggle with the complex character builds

Don't worry. If Kingmaker is any indication, there'll be tons of character build guides available soon after the game comes out.

9 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

Don't worry. If Kingmaker is any indication, there'll be tons of character build guides available soon after the game comes out.

They didn't help me in kingmaker.  I think I'm just very bad at RTWP... I enjoy them though...

I also have a weird role playing thing where I hate min maxing... having super low charisma intelligence or wisdom just bothers me role playing wise and pretty much every build has low 1 of those things.

That being said I'll still play and won't blame the devs for my incompetence.

It's probably what made pillars of Eternity my favorite... you could get 13s across the board and still beat the game.(on normal at least)

Edited by Theonlygarby
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Theonlygarby said:

They didn't help me in kingmaker.  I think I'm just very bad at RTWP... I enjoy them though...

I also have a weird role playing thing where I hate min maxing... having super low charisma intelligence or wisdom just bothers me role playing wise and pretty much every build has low 1 of those things.

That being said I'll still play and won't blame the devs for my incompetence.

It's probably what made pillars of Eternity my favorite... you could get 13s across the board and still beat the game.(on normal at least)

things like min max attribute was minor in pathfinder 1e

broken and weird multiclass and archetype combo was the real problem

mythic also seems to double down on the whole pre buff caster crush anything doesn't have free dispelling attack thing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uuuhhii said:

things like min max attribute was minor in pathfinder 1e

broken and weird multiclass and archetype combo was the real problem

mythic also seems to double down on the whole pre buff caster crush anything doesn't have free dispelling attack thing

I do feel like pathfinder would do things to trick newbies into taking bad skills/spells.  Which is something I never felt in POE.  

I have never table top role played and I think that puts me at a disadvantage.  Those classes in kingmaker really drove me nuts.

Also I swear most of the builds I found were made for hard-core mode where your character wasn't any good until like... level 20

Eh, I plan to sit on this one for half-a-year at least, though full year wouldn't be a stretch remembering PKM patching history. I'm not fond of what seems to be standard Pathfinder class construction ("take some monk levels always for some crane or something blah blah, dip into paladin yadda yadda, no thanks, I ain't be making no Lawful Anal characters, berk 🖕), so here's hoping Alchemist Bombardier still is fun.

I wonder if swarms are allowed to toss bombs. Like, how is it going to hold a bomb anyway? And what if it rolls a 1 and sets itself on fire? 🤔

5 hours ago, Theonlygarby said:

Also I swear most of the builds I found were made for hard-core mode where your character wasn't any good until like... level 20

almost any caster build is gonna suck until level nine or ten, 'cause that was ok for d&d and pathfinder kept the same sorta progression. the thing is, while for 90% of combats your caster will be plinking away ineffectually with a crossbows or something similar, for the boss battles and other difficult encounters, even sub 9th level casters become essential as their limited spells or heals is the difference 'tween success and failure. am not sure why this is kewl, but the d&d and pathfinder purists believe changing such is dumbing down a rule system. poe and similar systems makes obvious casters could be useful before you get through at least 1/3 of the game and 1/2 of level progression, but luddites are gonna luddite. go figure.

builds less focused on casting will involve multiple one or two level dips into something anything but intuitive. those small additions result in synergies which may take a few levels to show results. but heck, gotta do something to make your late game melee combatant or ranged weapon haver stay useful when casters has comical eclipsed the others in terms o' power output. reverse o' early game, the 2-h fighter who spent his feats on stuff like power attack and cleave is facing foes with stratosphere armour and ends up plinking away at the mythic demon or advanced dragon hoping for a critical hit to do any kinda damage. 

*groan*

also, the folks who post builds overwhelming appear to be focused on coming up with that which will be praised as best or strongest. endgame best. endgame strong.  making a character with a useful skill spread capable o' being useful from tutorial until last battle is a tertiary concern as often as not.

if you are willing to spend dozens of hours learning the curious pathfinder stacking rules and understanding which classes and weapons and feats synergize in unintuitive but useful ways, you may end up with a character build which is good at casting and melee combat and tanking all at the same time. congrats? 

if you play most vanilla classes kinda vanilla and keep difficulty on normal, you shouldn't need build guides save for where they reveal dead ends in character progression as well as the all too plentiful ineffectual spells and feats which exist for no reason save bloat. is there a perfect lann build where you make him a zen archer/x/y/z? probable, but keep him as a zen archer on normal is not a bad choice... but only if you know multishot and rapid shot are wasted feats and that perhaps unexpected a short bow is your best weapon of choice, and...

*sigh*

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

Playing as a merciless Lich, demons, vampires, succubus waifu, lots of pre buff... Seems like the perfect game to play as Ainz Ooal Gown, from the anime Overlord:

You Brazilians are very brave, I was too terrified to play this game. I am weak and puny 👹

• Gasp! 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

new hotfix supposed cures the npc interaction bug. can say with certainty at least one vendor in our new game attempt post fix is not capable o' interaction.

nature remains not selectable as a mystery for oracles during character generation.

HA! Good Fun!

19 hours ago, bugarup said:

Eh, I plan to sit on this one for half-a-year at least, though full year wouldn't be a stretch remembering PKM patching history. I'm not fond of what seems to be standard Pathfinder class construction ("take some monk levels always for some crane or something blah blah, dip into paladin yadda yadda, no thanks, I ain't be making no Lawful Anal characters, berk 🖕), so here's hoping Alchemist Bombardier still is fun.

I wonder if swarms are allowed to toss bombs. Like, how is it going to hold a bomb anyway? And what if it rolls a 1 and sets itself on fire? 🤔

I'll definitely wait until next year. Maybe even replay the first one before doing my first WotR playthrough.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

18 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

I'll definitely wait until next year. Maybe even replay the first one before doing my first WotR playthrough.

maybe consider reading some pathfinder related novel?

some of them are actually entertaining

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

even with the new fixes, we hit the this is requiring unhealthy masochism to play further level of frustration. gonna hold off playing more until at least the next update.

HA! Good Fun!

On 7/20/2021 at 2:07 PM, Theonlygarby said:

Not weird at all, at least not to me. I'm exactly the same way, and hate min-maxing. I go so far as to categorically avoid lowering any stat to where it gives me a negative or a penalty. And yet, I did find some builds out there that also avoided min-maxing and just generally provided useful guidance.

• Like 1