Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Owlcat Games' next isometric Pathfinder RPG

Infinitron

On 3/9/2020 at 11:03 AM, ShadySands said:

The next stretch goal is the prisoners of marzipan or something

1ff0649b41e07720addbe424a5d000f7_origina

Hit that goal with 12 hours left

Next up is magic on the crusade at 1.96m and then intelligent weapons at 2m

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

3 hours ago, ShadySands said:

c9e864b04d6a8583c979b9abf06250ba_origina

Broke 2 million

What's the difference between that and a ranger?

2 level more spells

some teem work feature with animal companions

that's the problem with old rule

all those hybrid class or archetype just doesn't seems have much difference with the basic

most of them might as well just be 3 to 8 feat for basic class to choose

• Thanks 2

So WotR gathered over 2x as much money as P:K, and had almost 2x as many backers. I suppose that means people like P:K.

I wonder how it will translate into sales, and if it will be Deadfire situation: people who liked the game moved from post-release launch purchase, to backer resulting in, overall, worse sales.

i have problem with replayablitiy of PK, I liked the game but the story was so weak that I have no will to get through it again with diff character, hope next one will be better in that regard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

failed to reach the dinosaur goal? 

hard pass.

in all seriousness, we will likely purchase... eventual, six months post release when is predictable more stable.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

3 hours ago, rjshae said:

Will I be able to mount an anti-proton cannon on my triceratops mount? 🤠

Closest you can get:

https://totalwarwarhammer.gamepedia.com/Bastiladon_(Solar_Engine)

• Like 3

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

While I'm not fussed either way in regards to dinosaurs, I would like the Hunter class to make it.  I'm a big fan of it (I like most of the 2/3rds casters from Pathfinder, though inquisitor is kind of the exception.)  Really happy it funded (and kind of surprised that they're looking at starting alpha testing stuff in April.)

1 hour ago, Vaeliorin said:

While I'm not fussed either way in regards to dinosaurs, I would like the Hunter class to make it.  I'm a big fan of it (I like most of the 2/3rds casters from Pathfinder, though inquisitor is kind of the exception.)  Really happy it funded (and kind of surprised that they're looking at starting alpha testing stuff in April.)

They have been working on game since last december at the very least.

On 3/11/2020 at 7:36 PM, Wormerine said:

So WotR gathered over 2x as much money as P:K, and had almost 2x as many backers. I suppose that means people like P:K.

Yeah, definitely a remarkable result, given what happened with/to Deadfire. I was fairly unimpressed with nearly all the stretch goals (excepting those regarding story, randomness and reactivity), but will be happy that they're there. Incidentally, I did not back the game -- I have never done that and cannot see myself doing it in the future, either. But I will almost certainly purchase it.

As for the story and replayability of P:K, I am in total agreement with @Chilloutman. The writing in P:K was remarkably weak at times, and it doesn't really allow for proper replayability. I almost never replay anything, but I would still hold that P:K's replayability is weaker than average, simply because the quality of writing(*) tends to be poor. I have said this before, but what struck me the most was that some of the writing was so cheesy and silly that I was left wondering whether it was intended to be a parody or not. Like, are they making fun of stupid fantasy storytelling, or are they just engaging in it? I still don't know.

(*) Heck, there were even problems with spelling and grammar!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

Yeah, definitely a remarkable result, given what happened with/to Deadfire. I was fairly unimpressed with nearly all the stretch goals (excepting those regarding story, randomness and reactivity), but will be happy that they're there. Incidentally, I did not back the game -- I have never done that and cannot see myself doing it in the future, either. But I will almost certainly purchase it.

As for the story and replayability of P:K, I am in total agreement with @Chilloutman. The writing in P:K was remarkably weak at times, and it doesn't really allow for proper replayability. I almost never replay anything, but I would still hold that P:K's replayability is weaker than average, simply because the quality of writing(*) tends to be poor. I have said this before, but what struck me the most was that some of the writing was so cheesy and silly that I was left wondering whether it was intended to be a parody or not. Like, are they making fun of stupid fantasy storytelling, or are they just engaging in it? I still don't know.

(*) Heck, there were even problems with spelling and grammar!

the wacky and cartoonish style are certainly intended

it actually somewhat distract player from how much of a mess every part of the game are

sometime it feels like owlcat are a group of eager creative who doesn't understand how video game work

• 10 months later...

Beta starts on Feb 2

Initially, we were going to begin the beta in January, but decided to give ourselves a little extra time to add the long-awaited turn-based mode! That’s right, the turn-based mode is coming to beta. And the beta is coming on the 2nd of February.

What else can you expect from the beta? Let’s see: 4 chapters, although the 4th one is only partially finished at the moment, and not all art is ready for it yet; some new archetypes, some new quests you haven’t seen in the alpha, the first stages of some romances, and of course - some bugs. Additionally, you will be allowed to stream the first 3 chapters of the beta. Are you excited? We are very excited! We can’t wait to show you our game, and to stream it, and to watch you stream it, and to see your feedback! It’s the last stage in development where your feedback can affect and change some aspects of the game, and that’s why it’s such an important milestone for us, and hearing what our backers think will be invaluable to our team.

Not me though, I'm on beta blockers

• Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Yeah, no way I'm touching this while in beta. The final edition of Kingmaker still has gamebreaking bugs so I doubt that will be playable to any satisfying degree. Plus I have still yet to finish the first part. 😄

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP