Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Owlcat Games' next isometric Pathfinder RPG

Infinitron

Okay totally posting am pumped for this game.  the fact they are offering a TB mode sealed the deal.  Funny, PK is so pretty close to the tabletop game in rules that with the TB mod it feels way more balanced than in RtWP mode - and I am guessing that PWoTR is gonna be the same.  Anyway how can you not be pumped for this game, my only worry is the strategy section of the game where you build armies and such, this could really be a letdown, or it could be really cool, but I don't normally buy RPGs to play strategy games so not sure how much it will interest me.  They eventually got the Kingdom management in a good place for PK, I am playing now with the goal to finish it this time (and with the TB mod), and it is pretty enjoyable and fun, so maybe I am worried about the strategy aspect for nothing and it will be good ...

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

On 2/16/2020 at 6:52 AM, Melusina said:

now explain to be how tabletop can be played in Real Time with Pause so we're done.

It can't, but that's irrelevant. The implementation is to imitate the pen and paper ruleset, not a jrpg (which are not largely turn-based anymore) or PoE (whose turn-based is pretty much a copy of what Pathfinder plays like in pen and paper).

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Anyone else reading the update blogs on the kickstarter campaign?  They are pretty awesome, and get into the game programming-side if you are interested in that king of stuff :)  This one is pretty good:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2765209

• Like 1

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

I think money sped up because a particular audience loves romance content and because they picked one of the most lackluster options for a new race. Anywho I predict it will not hit $2mil but gets at least one stretchgoal beyond spirit whisperer half-elf gf.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

11 minutes ago, melkathi said:

*grumble grumble* the only game that did romance right was The Outer Worlds *grumble grumble*

Someone's never played Divorce Court: Enchanced Edition with the Homewrecker dlc.

• Like 4

D&D grogs: "romances in RPG are icky or for girls which is kinda the same thing and thusly has no place here!"

Also D&D grogs: "Woooo lets throw our money and rush social goals to get moar booty in this supergrog-tailored game!"

Anyway. Cannot wait to see Larian's take on romances. They are not expecting they'll be allowed to make Baldur's Gate of all things romanceless, are they? :dancing:

1 hour ago, bugarup said:

D&D grogs: "romances in RPG are icky or for girls which is kinda the same thing and thusly has no place here!"

Also D&D grogs: "Woooo lets throw our money and rush social goals to get moar booty in this supergrog-tailored game!"

Anyway. Cannot wait to see Larian's take on romances. They are not expecting they'll be allowed to make Baldur's Gate of all things romanceless, are they? :dancing:

You make assumption those are the same people.

As for romance in BG3

https://beta.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/02/28/baldurs-gate-3-romance-options-explained-better-than-most-rpgs/?amp

166215__front.jpg

Interesting how identical the gameplay looks to P:K. Obviously we're still far away from the finished article, but still. The differences between PoE and Deadfire, for example, were huge.

Incidentally, I am neither criticizing nor praising, just nothing this with interest.

6 hours ago, bugarup said:

I thought D:OS2 had romances?

I never got past the first couple of maps in that game because I hated the armor system

Free games updated 3/4/21

8 hours ago, Skarpen said:

I have no doubt there will be hijinks and unexpected things happening. Question is, will I remotely care about any of the NPC (or should I say AI controlled playable characters) this time around.

3 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

Interesting how identical the gameplay looks to P:K. Obviously we're still far away from the finished article, but still. The differences between PoE and Deadfire, for example, were huge.

Yeah, they seem to use pretty much the same tech, unlike Deadfire which reworked and improved a lot of things. It is not the worst idea every to do an oldfashioned sequel.

3 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I thought D:OS2 had romances?

I never got past the first couple of maps in that game because I hated the armor system

No idea, dropped it early as well, 'sides, picked a skelly to play and I don't think skellies make for good romances.

(Haven't lost all hope to get into either DOS yet, I kind of liked that skelly. But not right now with "Disco Elysium" still fresh in the brain, contrast between writing could easily kill that hope)

Oh no, you can most certainly romance the skellington in DOS2*. Not absolutely sure since it's been a while since I played and my memory is a bit shaky but I think you could romance every companion, at the same time.

*+1 for DOS2 over Kingmaker, where's the Jaethal romance option Owlcat?

Edited by Zoraptor

2 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

*+1 for DOS2 over Kingmaker, where's the Jaethal romance option Owlcat?

To be fair to Owlcat they dedicated some dialogue options to exploring the sexuality of the undead. Or, well, Jaethal in particular.

• Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

6 hours ago, majestic said:

To be fair to Owlcat they dedicated some dialogue options to exploring the sexuality of the undead. Or, well, Jaethal in particular.

I'm sure Bruce was very appreciative.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, Azdeus said:

I'm sure Bruce was very appreciative.

Too bad she was not undead stripper as a bonus point for him

• Haha 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

50 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

Imagine if she smoked weed aswell? Dream waifu, right there!

• Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

7 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

6 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Imagine if she smoked weed aswell? Dream waifu, right there!

Notes taken. If I'll ever make my own game, this will be the first suggestion on the pitch meeting!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

59 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

Notes taken. If I'll ever make my own game, this will be the first suggestion on the pitch meeting!

I take Bruce is your target audience?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"