Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Owlcat Games' next isometric Pathfinder RPG

Infinitron

Never really played Pathfinder but I've started getting interested in it some time ago and was waiting for a steep discount.

Now I'm a bit torn between backing wrath of the righteous for 43$ and get both (base) games or taking advantage of the discount gog sent me for imperial edition, and just enjoy the first with its expansions, without contributing to the campaign. Any thought from someone who played the game (e.g. "Skip the expansions, they suck")? 

Edited by Daled

11 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I think the first letter could also be an R, B, or P but I agree with the rest.

Di     (h or b)    nt

Pi     (h or b)    nt

Ri     (h or b)    nt

Bi     (h or b)    nt

Not sure if that is an L, H, D, or B in the middle but I'm leaning H or B because it looks like there is a little hump but I could be way off on that

Do any of those ring any bells for anyone familiar with Pathfinder? I'm assuming not but since work is slow I'll probably spend half the day on this

Not ringing any bells, but it's likely a single word and your guess of dismemberment could be it. We might see tomorrow because pledges picked up a bit after mounted combat got revealed. I'm also thinking it's going to be $615K based on the banner, so that may support a smaller feature than a new class or companion.

We've got Mounted Combat confirmed. Here's hoping we get weird mount like dragons or flying sharks.

Edited by KaineParker
Pale Riders
  • Thanks 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

what do you mean pathfinder? isnt pathfinder an RTS alghoritm used to find path for each of units when you order them to go somewhere with mouse?

I think there was MMO called pathfinder but it failed or maybe my memory is wrong

I think Swarm-That-Walks is a variation on Worms that Walk, which sort of competes with Lich for evil undead spell caster. Or it could be some druid ****, who knows?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The mythic paths don't seem to mesh well with the type of character I tend to make but maybe when they each get expanded upon then maybe. Will probably end up picking for purely mechanical reasons.

The campaign is moving faster than I expected it to

Edited by ShadySands
Just a stray observation

Free games updated 3/4/21

15 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

The mythic paths don't seem to mesh well with the type of character I tend to make but maybe when they each get expanded upon then maybe. Will probably end up picking for purely mechanical reasons.

The campaign is moving faster than I expected it to

There's a path called Legend where you don't become a fantastical creature, it probably will have some unique benefits based on the description.

The Gold Dragon path is it for me now. Have long loved the idea of playing a dragon character, and especially a gold.

And though I get others' lack of enthusiasm for mounted combat, especially in an iso game, I think it is cool thing to have in the game (assuming they do a good with its implementation).

I'm hoping they go out of left field and have a robot (yes they are pathfinder canon) or aberration mythic path next, the ones right now and upcoming look cool but are standard fantasy riffs (aside from maybe the swarm).

i backed this! there's already increasing little games in the market with RTwP and there are gazillion of folks out there keep chanting "turn-based.. turn-based.." in every single new announced RPG be it baldur's gate 3 or this new pathfinder game. 

hope everyone who love RTwP may give this a go and back it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Archaven said:

i backed this! there's already increasing little games in the market with RTwP and there are gazillion of folks out there keep chanting "turn-based.. turn-based.." in every single new announced RPG be it baldur's gate 3 or this new pathfinder game. 

hope everyone who love RTwP may give this a go and back it.

never understand this fanatic desire for turn base games

some of them work but mostly it is just long and tedious

• Like 3

I can't believe they're about to hit the second stretch goal of the weekend. I thought they wouldn't have gotten the first one until Monday or so.

I hope the backers vote the ratfolk over the cat and fox people.

Edited by ShadySands
Swiper no swiping

Free games updated 3/4/21

We've got mounts with armor now, new stretch goal is the Skald class, and there's a mutated monk archer companion.

• Like 1

Maybe imitation of Pathfinder 1e pnp, which had been turn-based for about a decade before a videogame based on an adventure path was released.

6 hours ago, Melusina said:

no

Weird, given that they've said "Once again, we want to stress out that our new CRPG is designed and balanced for RTWP, but with that, we're aiming to develop a turn-based mode to bring the game closer to a tabletop experience and give more control over combat for those of you, who prefer to play turn-by-turn. "

Anyways they're $2k away from the reactivity stretch goal and the next one looks like it's adding more archetypes for each class.

just give me playable lizardman race...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

13 hours ago, KaineParker said:

Weird, given that they've said "Once again, we want to stress out that our new CRPG is designed and balanced for RTWP, but with that, we're aiming to develop a turn-based mode to bring the game closer to a tabletop experience and give more control over combat for those of you, who prefer to play turn-by-turn. "

Anyways they're $2k away from the reactivity stretch goal and the next one looks like it's adding more archetypes for each class.

now explain to be how tabletop can be played in Real Time with Pause so we're done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1