What Are You Playing Now: The Other Thread

Amentep

Plodding along through Still Life, game seriously has making cookies as a puzzle.  At the same time has a favour chain to resolve a puzzle and all you have to do is talk to people, curious design choices.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've been playing This is the Police. I started out trying to be a good, upstanding police chief, but now I'm on the take and I even ordered a hit on one of my own officers. He was a snitch. Where did it all go wrong? I blame the pills.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Going to try a Bloodlines run since nothing is really holding my interests at the moment. Any mods or anything that are needed or recommended?

Bloodlines🤎

There's the often-recommended unofficial patch (and the optional Plus version) which fixes stuff and restores content, although I think I've been told that there has been some creator drama around it and that it may or may not have been split into several competing releases. Still, as far as I know, this particular one is still the safest bet.

Oh, also, if I remember correctly, the GoG version of the game comes with the baseline unofficial patch right out of the box.

Edited by Skazz

2 minutes ago, Skazz said:

Bloodlines🤎

There's the often-recommended unofficial patch (and the optional Plus version) which fixes stuff and restores content, although I think I've been told that there has been some creator drama around it and that it may or may not have been split into several competing releases. Still, as far as I know, this particular one is still the safest bet.

Oh, also, if I remember correctly, the GoG version of the game comes with the baseline unofficial patch right out of the box.

Only creator drama I know of is some Oblivion nude modder got super salty that they call it a patch when it's clearly a mod and made a pure patch in response, appropriately enough called the True Patch.

Just now, Oner said:

Only creator drama I know of is some Oblivion nude modder got super salty that they call it a patch when it's clearly a mod and made a pure patch in response, appropriately enough called the True Patch.

What was the point of contention? The restored content?

36 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I'd like whatever mods/patches provide the most content if that helps any

I guess that would be the Plus version of the aforementioned unofficial patch, then.

To be honest, beyond that, I've never really tried any other mods for VtMB. I know there's some bigger stuff out there like the Clan Quest Mod or the Final Nights , but I have no experience playing those.

@Oner? Any comments?

Edited by Skazz
  • Thanks 1

@ShadySands I can recommend Clan Quest Mod. The Sabbat content is pretty good, even if it's obviously not quite up there with original content. It adds a full new act to the game that can be wrapped up in several ways. It also adds the possibility of going full Sabbat, with the corresponding new ending for the game. The new characters are voiced by "semi-professional" (?) actors. I don't remember much about the actual clan quests themselves, though. And there's actual diablerie mechanics.

Keep in mind that It comes bundled with some other stuff, though. I didn't find it to be all that game-changing but ymmv.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.