What Are You Playing Now: The Other Thread

Amentep

At least my norse raiders have Federation transporter technology. Was raiding in western Ireland when I got attacked by a far larger army. My raiders retreated into Scottland, where they were again attacked by a far larger army. My character dueled the enemy commander, beat him but let him live (they are now pen pals). This gave my raiders the opportunity to retreat. So they appeared on Orkney, and apparently laid siege to the village and captured one of the courtiers.

All the time my ships where still anchored back in Ireland.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

3 hours ago, melkathi said:

Trying to give Crusader Kings 2 another chance. This seriously is the worst tutorial ever made. I pause the game to read the tooltip and keep getting interrupted with pop up messages. Which then pop up to stop me from reading the previous messages.

I think the devs mistook the malware advertisement spam for a great idea to bring information across.

That's not even the worst tutorial from Paradox, unfortunately. The Hearts of Iron III one- I'm still not sure if it actually existed or if I dreamt it all up.

And their previous system was if anything even worse for pop ups, as you'd go to clear one pop up message and something else would inevitably pop under your cursor at the exact same moment resulting in at best you clearing the new message before reading it, at worse you find that you've just declared war on Russia, Germany, plus the British,m Roman and Ottoman Empires by random event.

The other interesting thing is that half the pop up window is above the menu I was looking at, half of it is underneath it, as if they coded the screen in two separate halves and the layers are in different order.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Fantastic pain cave!

A bunch of my riding buddies are on Zwift and seem to love it. The setup alone is pretty pricey, but relieving the monotony of the trainer is priceless. Also playing an MMO where grinding makes you stronger in the real world is fantastic. They've added treadmill support too. It will be interesting if they figure out how to implement the swim. :p

• Like 1

Got The Division 2 on sale, in hindsight it was a poor purchase, but can play with my friend so is useful that way.  Prefer the NYC setting and winter rather than DC and summer, although did have a fun moment of fighting Hyenas with the sun at their back  - shame the reverse would not matter.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Re-started CK2 again.

I am going for the most difficult thing I could find:

A Lunatic Lady Chieftain in a one island norse kingdom. She is good at killing people and little else. Surviving a pregnancy is the biggest problem. Also finding a man to marry.

Smaller annoyances was C'thulu emerging from the waves near my island, but I rammed him with a longboat and killed him.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Got The Division 2 on sale, in hindsight it was a poor purchase, but can play with my friend so is useful that way.  Prefer the NYC setting and winter rather than DC and summer, although did have a fun moment of fighting Hyenas with the sun at their back  - shame the reverse would not matter.  

Hm. Thanks for the heads up, I might pick up the new Ghost Recon, I had a ton of fun playing dress-up going through the last one with a friend. Anyone knows if it's any good?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

40 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Re-started CK2 again.

I am going for the most difficult thing I could find:

A Lunatic Lady Chieftain in a one island norse kingdom. She is good at killing people and little else. Surviving a pregnancy is the biggest problem. Also finding a man to marry.

Smaller annoyances was C'thulu emerging from the waves near my island, but I rammed him with a longboat and killed him.

I have some tip for you 😉

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Besides the regular Guild Wars 2 gaming and the occasional Killing Floor 2 games, I've picked up Shadow of The Tomb Raider on a Steam sale. There *seemed* to be some consensus that it was trying to be a bit more about, well, tomb raiding. I hope that means more exploration and the odd puzzle solving rather than a crappy corridor shooter like the previous Crystal Dynamics offerings in the franchise. I only just started, so still too early for me to have an opinion on it.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I finished The Outer Worlds. It's the best game of the type of RPG it's trying to be. But I think I'm largely done with RPGs of its type. The shooting really needs to step up. I was really just done with shooting by the end. I let the companions do all of it. And I was glad to have been a persuasion focused character because just so I didn't have to shoot my way through the finale.

• Like 4
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You are at the second mission from the end.

I agreed to do her mission, but only because I thought I could sabotage it. Turns out you can't. I also figured she'd shoot at me and I was sick of shooting.

Still playing Minecraft.  I've got a rainbow bridge (terracotta) between two islands.  A dark forest on the continent, a rainbow corral bridge just for the hell of it, and a map that spans ten zones.  Completed and framed, of course.  Such a superb waste of time, but I enjoy it.  I'm going to make a video and share it with my niece nephew.  I'm on Win 10, so I don't know if I can share or invite to the map, but if they come I've got tons of extra iron, gold, and diamonds.  hundreds of them, in fact.  The only thing before I show them is I'm going to see if I can create an underwater railway system connecting underwater conduits.  I've created underwater railroads in the past, but the some things have changed in the newer versions.

• Like 1

"Not for the sake of much time..."

Disco Elysium is the greatest experience I've had roleplaying an alcoholic since that Halloween party where I threw up on everything and almost caught fire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

On 1/27/2020 at 3:07 PM, Hurlshot said:

Fantastic pain cave!

A bunch of my riding buddies are on Zwift and seem to love it. The setup alone is pretty pricey, but relieving the monotony of the trainer is priceless. Also playing an MMO where grinding makes you stronger in the real world is fantastic. They've added treadmill support too. It will be interesting if they figure out how to implement the swim. :p

I'm actually using Zwift + treadmill now, and it's much nicer than chimney + treadmill or TV + treadmill. However, watching Tour de France  on the telly + treadmill is still my favourite setup.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'm on Act I, Scene VI of Kentucky Route Zero. I'm loving the bejesus out of it so far. It sort of has a bit of an Oxenfree vibe to it, in how cryptic the narrative is (I have an idea of what this all might be about, which I won't share on the off chance I'm correct). The game is also a bit like Sunless Sea/Sky in that there is a lot of text to read that may or may not be related to the main plot in any meaningful way, it may just be flavor text, but it is well enough written  that I enjoy reading regardless of whether or not it helps me understand or advance the plot in any meaningful way. It's amazing how much of a difference the quality of prose can make.

The game's presentation, both visually and audibly is terrific. It has a sort of minimalist style, with low poly art, a usually greyscale color palette, and no interface on screen except when there is something to interact with. Often times, nowhere near all the screen real estate is used. The camera will very slowly and smoothly move and zoom on its own as needed, and when it does zoom in and fill the whole screen and/or add colors, it has a significant effect on the mood. Similarly, audio is most often just ambient sounds in the background, but when called for, music fades in gently and it changes everything. When you aren't having your senses saturated constantly, even a small amount of extra sensory content makes a profound difference.

Hopefully the game is as good throughout as it is at the beginning.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Greedfall.

Another good pick, I sure know how to pick 'em lately.  Not only is it another great ARPG with a robust skill system and an integrated world to utilize them in and has a healthy degree of plot choices/decision/outcomes but I can also manage to run it at 165 fps 1440p with some modest graphics tweets.

• Like 1

New hobby is playing competitive Overwatch and doing a poor job just to provoke some ragers on voice chat.  So far, decent yields.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra