Game crashing within 2 minutes on new RX 590

Hi all. I bought The Outer Worlds the other day and was running it fine on my R9 380. I decided I wanted to get some better performance so I bought a brand new MSI RX 590 OC. The game now runs amazingly for about 2 minutes until it crashes. The screen freezes but the audio continues, then after a few seconds the screen goes black and I'm kicked off to desktop. After the game crashes, the Radeon Adrenaline software also breaks and I have to close it through task manager. As well as this I'm occasionally getting the black screen for a few seconds when outside of games, similar to when installing the drivers but for no apparent reason. Spent all yesterday and today googling for answers, have tried the following:

Reinstalling drivers

Installing optional newer version of drivers

Turning off windows fast startup

Setting power slider to maximum (+50%) on WattMan

Setting power slider to minimum (-50%) on WattMan

Setting GPU to always run at max speed and voltage in WattMan (suggested by someone on youtube)

Defaulting BIOS settings

Plugging PC into different sockets

Swapping the PSU power connectors around

and probably a few more things I can't remember. Only data I can get that may link is through the performance overlay, which shows the GPU temp increasing quickly over a minute or so before the game always crashes around 60C. Some forums suggest a power issue but I have a good quality EVGA 500W power supply and never had an issue with a GTX 980 or R9 380.

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm feeling a little short changed.

P.S. Have tried other games - Arma 3 runs fine, PUBG runs mostly fine but has done the crash once or twice at random times. The Outer Worlds seems to be the only game that consistently crashes within 2 minutes.

Thanks,

Alex