why decide on a lowered crosshair without any option to change it?

i was looking forward to this game and its practically unplayable for me. i dont want to look above everything i need to interact with, i dont want to be looking at the sky to land a headshot. i want to look at things the way i have been for the past 10 years. the fact you chose a lowered crosshair with no option to change is is beyond baffling to me.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 12/1/2019 at 3:29 PM, naisu said:

i was looking forward to this game and its practically unplayable for me. i dont want to look above everything i need to interact with, i dont want to be looking at the sky to land a headshot. i want to look at things the way i have been for the past 10 years. the fact you chose a lowered crosshair with no option to change is is beyond baffling to me.

"the fact you chose a lowered crosshair with no option to change is is beyond baffling to me" Your "fact" is incorrect.  No offense. But before blaming the game for the issue you're having, you should take a moment to look into it and make sure the problem is not on your end. Because in this case, the problem is,indeed, on your end. The game does not use a "lowered" cross hair. The cross hair is centered, just like every other game of this type that I can think of. You need to go through your settings and figure out what is causing your issue. Because this game is awesome. You'd be really missing out if you didn't play it because you thought a major game feature was crap, when it's actually perfectly fine.

Edited by Astalph
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/3/2019 at 2:13 AM, Astalph said:

"the fact you chose a lowered crosshair with no option to change is is beyond baffling to me" Your "fact" is incorrect.  No offense. But before blaming the game for the issue you're having, you should take a moment to look into it and make sure the problem is not on your end. Because in this case, the problem is,indeed, on your end. The game does not use a "lowered" cross hair. The cross hair is centered, just like every other game of this type that I can think of. You need to go through your settings and figure out what is causing your issue. Because this game is awesome. You'd be really missing out if you didn't play it because you thought a major game feature was crap, when it's actually perfectly fine.

No, the crosshair isn't in the centre of the screen, it's quite low. Like Halo 3 low.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Pardon my ignorance, but I've seen this issue raised before and I simply do not get it... I've played a fair amount of First Person Shooters and RPGs and I cannot say I have ever picked up on any game having an off centre crosshair. To me that would mean that my shots are not going where I am pointing.

I see the crosshair on the screen and I simply move that over the thing I want activated / deactivated / dead / in my pocket... I have literally never see any game with a noticeably misaligned crosshair. Maybe I'm weird.

Edited by UrbaNebula

4 hours ago, UrbaNebula said:

Pardon my ignorance, but I've seen this issue raised before and I simply do not get it... I've played a fair amount of First Person Shooters and RPGs and I cannot say I have ever picked up on any game having an off centre crosshair. To me that would mean that my shots are not going where I am pointing.

I see the crosshair on the screen and I simply move that over the thing I want activated / deactivated / dead / in my pocket... I have literally never see any game with a noticeably misaligned crosshair. Maybe I'm weird.

It's not the X axis that's off, it's the Y axis. I simply want something in the options like what Destiny 2 has on PC (crap game as it may be) to centre the crosshair UP. so it's in the middle of the screen. It's not a gameplay error, it's an annoying design choice.

6 hours ago, Gorgon said:

This is probably about how the crosshair centers if you are playing with a controller ?

No, it's not an issue caused by me.

20191025185552_1.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The crosshair is not too low for the screen -> the first person camera is too low. It appears that the main character is the smallest adult in the "outer world". That immensely disrupts the immersion for me.

If anyone knows of an ini tweak or mod to correct this, I would be happy to hear from you. Thank you

Edited by Gapreel

• 3 years later...
On 12/3/2019 at 7:13 AM, Astalph said:

Googled this 4 years later to see if anything had changed and guess what? This thread is the second result. 

Imagine my surprise to find my own post. 

But yeah, 4 years later and you're still wrong and your answer was needlessly rude for someone for someone who was objectively incorrect