Final Mission Question (No spoilers, not too worry)

Just to start with I'm loving the game so far and have about 35-40 hours in.  I've made it to level 23 and the final story mission.  I'm playing on hard and haven't had too much of a problem, until last night.  I noticed the AI on what looks like the final mission are level 25, I died a lot before I decided to go back and level up some more and do the side and faction missions first.

My question is will the final mission AI always be 2 levels higher than me no matter what level I am?   Also, does anybody know what the max level is I can achieve?

Cheers

I watched a 12 minute speed run that a few of the developers of The Outer Worlds where commenting on, I thought that was cool instead of being offended by the person skipping their hard work.  They did point out the obvious fact that the person had to of played the game quite a bit to understand how best to exploit it.  Anyway one of the things they mentioned/wondered about was how he would handle Tartarus as the lowest NPC level was 25 there.  They made it sound like it was hard set level so I don't think your level has any affect on it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ommamar said:

I watched a 12 minute speed run that a few of the developers of The Outer Worlds where commenting on, I thought that was cool instead of being offended by the person skipping their hard work.  They did point out the obvious fact that the person had to of played the game quite a bit to understand how best to exploit it.  Anyway one of the things they mentioned/wondered about was how he would handle Tartarus as the lowest NPC level was 25 there.  They made it sound like it was hard set level so I don't think your level has any affect on it.

I just watched the same vid, it was very cool that they weren't put off by the run.  I still can't believe people are doing that, in 12 mins no less.  I went back to an old save and plan to level up to at least 25.  Not sure if I can go higher but will find out.  I want to be at level 25 or higher when I go back to the final mission area.  If the final mission is hard capped then I shouldn't have an issue, I hope.  Have you beaten it yet?

2 minutes ago, Force58 said:

I just watched the same vid, it was very cool that they weren't put off by the run.  I still can't believe people are doing that, in 12 mins no less.  I went back to an old save and plan to level up to at least 25.  Not sure if I can go higher but will find out.  I want to be at level 25 or higher when I go back to the final mission area.  If the final mission is hard capped then I shouldn't have an issue, I hope.  Have you beaten it yet?

Yes but watching that video made it clear I hadn't uncovered everything yet.  Tartarus can be really hard if you go through things a certain way but very easy if you do it another way, a lot will depend on what kind of build you have.

3 minutes ago, Ommamar said:

Yes but watching that video made it clear I hadn't uncovered everything yet.  Tartarus can be really hard if you go through things a certain way but very easy if you do it another way, a lot will depend on what kind of build you have.

I also just noticed that I'm taking a huge hit by wearing heavy armor, something to the tune of -12 for hacking!!!!  I'll have to experiment as prior to noticing this I'd gone for the highest protection without regard for the negative effects.  I heard that about the end mission as well.  Guess I'll find out.  Thanks.

Well I carry around different sets of armor. One for combat one for lock picking one for hacking and one if I expect/know of dialogue checks.  While these sets won't open up the skill check points they will boost me up to meet a required check for something that uses that skill.

9 hours ago, Kadera said:

If you do *all* of the missions--side, faction, companion, etc.--you'll top out at the max, which is level 30, probably while on Byzantium.

Yep, that's what I decided to do.  Makes it easier now that I found I can sort the missions.  I just made level 25 last night.  I'll hold off on what I think is the final mission until I get to max level.  Thanks as I didn't know 30 was it.

22 hours ago, Ommamar said:

Well I carry around different sets of armor. One for combat one for lock picking one for hacking and one if I expect/know of dialogue checks.  While these sets won't open up the skill check points they will boost me up to meet a required check for something that uses that skill.

I had originally told myself I would do that, but then I wanted to buy something, can't remember what, and sold pretty much everything I had to get it, I think it was a $4k mod or something.