You begin a real empowered being if as a chanter you  empower the invocation Her Revenge Swept Across the Land, then you get multiple 3-tiers inspirations, potentially all of them. 

With the weyc stuff, and the sasha sabre, and because of the accessibility of the ability, you have a great multiclass synergy. 

Maybe that can work with some other AoE spells, or likely multiple targets spells. 

• Like 3

I guess what you mean is:

• "Her Revenge Swept" triggers three times (three separate lighting attacks - this is the important part)
  • Empowering this invocation (which triggers three times) while wearing the Least Unstable Coil will not give you one inspiration (see its enchantment Empowered Being) but three inspirations
  • with Sasha's Singing Scimitar you can turn Empower from x/rest into 1/encounter, giving you these three inspirations in every encounter (once).
  • the Weyc's Robes and Wand will also trigger thrice on Empowering this invocation (although most of the effects won't stack with themselves I guess?)

Nice find! 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ah, you mean the upgrade where every one of the three lighting triggers an additional lightning burst on hit? This also counts as single empowerment for the coil? Sweet! 😄 

I alsways though that invocation was so bad compared to some others - but with Empowerment-effects in general and the coil it may be quite awesome. Too bad it comes so superlate. The coil I mean. The sabre you can get pretty early. Maybe there are some other effects besides the coil's which could profit from the ivocation's multiple triggering...?

Edited by Boeroer

As far as I'm concerned it seems to be most interesting for Chanters + Invocations (because of Sasha's Singing Scimitar) anyway?

Other empowered actions that might trigger multiple times: melee ability with Sun & Moon, Whispers of the Endless Paths, Keeper of the Flame or Wahai Pōraga, Whispers of the Wind (Monk), Heart of Fury (Barb), Clear Out (Fighter), empowered ranged ability with blunderbuss or hand mortars or rods, ranged ability with Driving Flight, empowred ranged ability as spiritshifted Fury, Whirling Strikes. Maybe even pulsing spells like Consecrated Ground or Chillfog or beams like Ectopsychic Echo? 

So I tried, and nobody else a chanter can trigger the multi inspiration, but i havent try everything. With multi hit on one target with Minoletta's Minor Missiles, with jumping hit with Tayn's Chaotic Orb, just one. There is another chanter invocation that work Seven Nights She Waited While the White Winds Wept, and sadly i guess that could work with Storm of the seven bolts from the eponymous mantle, but you can't empowered this item spell.

For the moment i don't find other ability from item or classes which triggering with those spells.

7 ? :)

Maybe the game consider you do 1 attack per lighting, because as mentioned into the item description, you gain a random Inspiration for ten seconds after using AN empowered spell or ability. And you roll many spells depending of how many ennemies in the AoE.  That can explain, perhaps.

•  Gain a random Inspiration for 10.0 sec after using an Empowered Spell or Ability

10 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Ah, you mean the upgrade where every one of the three lighting triggers an additional lightning burst on hit? This also counts as single empowerment for the coil? Sweet! 😄 

I alsways though that invocation was so bad compared to some others - but with Empowerment-effects in general and the coil it may be quite awesome. Too bad it comes so superlate. The coil I mean. The sabre you can get pretty early. Maybe there are some other effects besides the coil's which could profit from the ivocation's multiple triggering...?

i always considered that ability pretty underwhelming, but on my current run with a bellower it's actually pretty nice. you don't get extra bolts or jumps (from upgrade) from the +bellower PL but getting the bonus accuracy, penetration, and damage is very good, and you could trigger it pretty frequently (up until my evoker picked up some level 6 spells the bellower was actually outpacing everyone else's total damage done). with sasha's upgraded to give you full empower points, it works really well on a bellower to go from a super-charged empowered revenge and then into a 6-phrase or 7-phrase offensive chant right after.

9 hours ago, Boeroer said:

As far as I'm concerned it seems to be most interesting for Chanters + Invocations (because of Sasha's Singing Scimitar) anyway?

Other empowered actions that might trigger multiple times: melee ability with Sun & Moon, Whispers of the Endless Paths, Keeper of the Flame or Wahai Pōraga, Whispers of the Wind (Monk), Heart of Fury (Barb), Clear Out (Fighter), empowered ranged ability with blunderbuss or hand mortars or rods, ranged ability with Driving Flight, empowred ranged ability as spiritshifted Fury, Whirling Strikes. Maybe even pulsing spells like Consecrated Ground or Chillfog or beams like Ectopsychic Echo? 

So I tried, and nobody else a chanter can trigger the multi inspiration, but i havent try everything. With multi hit on one target with Minoletta's Minor Missiles, with jumping hit with Tayn's Chaotic Orb, just one.

Constentine seemed to clue into this a bit, but having used Revenge extensively now it appears to be implemented very weirdly. I think it's less like a minoletta's which is one spell with multiple projectiles, and more like one spell repeated multiple times as part of one "master" spell (which is why nowhere in the tool-tip ability summary dose it mention there are three projectiles, you have to infer it from the description). This is most obvious with the jump upgrade - the jumps will still work even if there's only a single target in the fight, you'll get 6 zaps on a single target; literally no other jump spell works like that. At this point it seems like one spell repeated six times (half of them slightly different). I think this is why it might be interacting the Least Unstable Coil in such a bizarre fashion.

Edited by thelee
  • Thanks 1

Troubadour/priest is great since you can extend all these buffs and benefit also from Muse of Mystery+Brisk Recitation+Brilliant stacking to spam invocations. (Not sure if Attuned Channel from The Weyc's Wand stacks with the other PL buffs). And Her Revenge Swept Across the Land is a  very efficient invocation - low cost with high damage potential against single/multi targets.

I always thought White Worms had a lot  higher effect/cost ratio. Of course you need to find a corpse first. I never tried Her Revenge on single targets though which now sounds as if I should have done that. :)

2 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

I always thought White Worms had a lot  higher effect/cost ratio. Of course you need to find a corpse first. I never tried Her Revenge on single targets though which now sounds as if I should have done that. :)

If you don't have something specific to do with your phrases otherwise, and the enemy is not immune or highly resistant to Shock, having your chanter spamming Revenge is extremely good damage single-target, and probably the best thing you can do multi-target, for the vast majority of the game.  A Skald with Brilliant running hardly needs to do anything else.  It's a particularly good strategy for a paladin/chanter or fighter/chanter main tank, because it needs so little investment, freeing up a lot of points for focusing on your tankiness. Pretty much the only downside is that it's really boring.

Yeah, but White Worms has a huge AoE and very high base damage for such a low PL ability (scales very well with PL) - so I often use it as damaging invocation if it's not against single targets. When I do the same with Her Revenge the result is meh compared to that. But as I said I never tried it against single (or few) targets and thus never discovered how it really works. 

Her Tears fell like rain is insanely good with this, Brilliant is almost guaranteed even with bad positioning, combine this with belt of magran's chosen blight so you can reset combat easily if brilliant  doesn't proc and we have a new easy way to get brilliant in the ultimate besides Tactician which is also a better brilliant because if soted it carries over after combat ends.

edit: hm on singletarget revenge does seem better for proccing multiple inspirations after further testing.

Edited by Raven Darkholme

42 minutes ago, Waski said:

How??

Well Sasha gives you back one empower per fight.

Shoot Vela for fire blight (belt of magran's), out of combat she regens and you can proc many hits with bb.

Then with Sashas equipped you use empowered revenge on blight (maybe not max might so it doesn't oneshot), if you don't get brilliant kill the blight, rinse and repeat, if you get brilliant buff up with sot and so on. (If you're close enough to the enemies you wanna fight you can just engage them, but even if you were not close enough the brilliant from the coil carries over if your sot lasts long enough.

30 minutes ago, Raven Darkholme said:

Well Sasha gives you back one empower per fight.

Shoot Vela for fire blight (belt of magran's), out of combat she regens and you can proc many hits with bb.

Then with Sashas equipped you use empowered revenge on blight (maybe not max might so it doesn't oneshot), if you don't get brilliant kill the blight, rinse and repeat, if you get brilliant buff up with sot and so on. (If you're close enough to the enemies you wanna fight you can just engage them, but even if you were not close enough the brilliant from the coil carries over if your sot lasts long enough.

Coil is waist too Vic, like magran belt.

Edited by Waski
  • Like 1

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Haha you're right, silly me.

It's still viable for the Ultimate, one just has to have brilliant cloak equipped then and be ready to use skellies on self if invocation fails.

As far as I've seen casting it on at least three targets makes it quite likely to trigger brilliant, if it fails withdraw and then just let skellies hit self with cloak I guess.

• Haha 1

On 11/27/2019 at 7:59 AM, Boeroer said:

Yeah, but White Worms has a huge AoE and very high base damage for such a low PL ability (scales very well with PL) - so I often use it as damaging invocation if it's not against single targets. When I do the same with Her Revenge the result is meh compared to that. But as I said I never tried it against single (or few) targets and thus never discovered how it really works. 

a long long time ago i reproted a bug about white worms not always exploding a corpse, and i finally figured it out while playing with my bellower what exactly was happening: you have to roll to hit the corpse. i don't know when this was added in, but i'm pretty sure it's just a bug we are stuck with. fortunately since 5.0 you can actually see your chance to hit hte corpse (whereas when i first reported it in like 3.0 there was no indication you had to roll to hit).

so white worms has a huge aoe, huge base damage, and a hugely long sickened duration (if upgraded)--not to mention on a bellower you get a crapton of PL scaling. but you have to discount it by whatever odds you see over the corpse (so 72% chance to hit is effectively a -27% multiplicative penalty over the long run). it is also secretly a poison/disease attack, so enemies can be immune to it. because of that, revenge can be a much better choice at times during combat.

• Thanks 1