Outer Worlds Fanart

Absolutely loving the game and decided to chronicle the journey of my  Captain Hawthorne (a former tossball mascot named Brewer Cole) and the intrepid band of the Unreliable.

I also have an instagram page for it:

https://www.instagram.com/theouterworldsadventures/

One of the immediate things that struck Brewer about Phineas Welles was that in picking somebody to save the universe (alright, the colony) he was not just going to pick just anybody. It was only after careful deliberation would he choose just the right person for the job!

TOW_Bruyn_10_MascotCOLsml.jpg

Edited by Craig Bruyn
added story text
  • Like 5

If being a Tossball team mascot had taught Brewer Cole one thing, it was 'Always be prepared!", and by that it meant making sure you were looking good in your outfit. One never knew when a sports photographer was gonna capture you doing your sideline jiggidy jig. This is the sort of thing that made him uniquely qualified to be a Spaceship Captain. His new mechanic, Parvati seemed eager, but was certainly niave, and would need much of Cole's experience and mentorship if she was to survive out here in the outer colony.

TOW_Bruyn_01_NoAmmo_sml.jpg

• Like 3

Cole's law:
A leader must inspire his flunkies...
That's what made Brewer Cole leadership material. His ability to inspire confidence in those beneath him.
That's what made him a great tossball mascot and what now made him an amazing captain . People would blindly trust his judgement and follow him into the breach to anywhere, knowing that Cole would ALWAYS lead them to success and safety...

TOW_Bruyn_03_Forward_sml.jpg

• Like 3

Cole's Law:

Always have the right equipment. Being a tossball mascot had taught Brewer Cole the importance of good equipment. Look, comfort, protection and of course... visibility. You needed good visibility when you worked as a mascot. There could be nothing more awkward than having to pose with a celebrity and misplacing where your hand was due to poor costume visibility. The same applied to any good piece of armor!

TOW_Bruyn_02_NoPants_sml.jpg

• Like 3

Cole’s law:
Always have the best armor! And by that Brewer Cole meant the most fashionable. If you were going to go down blazing in a gun fight the last thing you wanted was to leave your corpse in some bulky unfashionable armor.

NOTE: I have run out of max space to post images so you can follow the rest of the adventures at:

https://www.instagram.com/theouterworldsadventures/

TOW_Bruyn_04_LightArmor_sml.jpg

Edited by Craig Bruyn
ran out of image posting size and needed to add text
  • Like 3

Not mine, but here's a couple I enjoyed:

https://www.deviantart.com/mistfighter/art/The-Outer-Worlds-Parvati-Max-Render-820560722

"he didn't want to do it alone so we pretended like we could see his mom or whatever he was talking about"

the_outer_worlds___parvati___max_render_

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

• 1 month later...

A little fanart made by me I know, I'm not 'professional" (with my shaking-hands :)) but I'm falling in love with TOW! 

I was ashamed to show my draw. I don't have tablet or even programs on my PC to graphic, but, that's the best, what I can do, by my own hands. 

I hope you enjoyed my project :)!

My_choice_The_Outer_Worlds2a.png.6d1e0299a2bb18ddf51f5eb21c7cfd3e.png

Edited by ila214
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Tumblr: < long speculative discussion of pets in The Outer Worlds, pet-based commerce & culture, pets that NPCs and personal characters might have, and in particular pet sprats, sprat breeding and showing >
Brain: You know, there once was a magazine called "Rat Fancy"... 
Me: NO.  I AM NOT MOCKING UP A COVER OF A -- 
 < several hours later > 
Me: GODSDAMMIT

Sprat-Fancy_Vol-22_Issue-8.jpg

Edited by Jackalgirl
"of of"? I swear, what is wrong with me?
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...