Best gaming keyboard?

FrankJovine

I'm thinking that I need to get a better gaming keyboard to enhance the usage of numbers on the skill bar instead of the mouse way I've been doing it.

What are some of my options in gaming keyboards out there ? I'm talking looks, functionality, something really cool that works well with the game.  Does anyone recommend any of the mentioned keyboards under 100 here https://www.reviewsed.com/best-gaming-keyboards-under-100/
I like the roamer key feel and as with pretty much all logitech products they seem to last quite a while for me (unlike certain other brands).

Edited by FrankJovine

Google's pretty useless for such stuff for much the same reason googling 'best car' is pretty useless. Too much information and too many options, and you have to rely on Google being fair and not having been manipulated or bought.

Unfortunately advice isn't that much use for keyboards either since a lot of it is subjective. Just make a list of what you need vs what you want, decide a price range, then use an aggregator with filters (pricespy old version here in NZ for example) to narrow down the options and check individual reviews. Some physical stores may have display/ demo models where things like the different types of mechanical switches can be checked out. If you want to set up per game lighting or whatever you will have to use the keyboard's associated software, so that's a consideration as well.

(I have a Logitech G610/ Cherry MX Brown which is... fine, for what I wanted)

Edited by Zoraptor

5 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

Google's pretty useless for such stuff for much the same reason googling 'best car' is pretty useless.

Googling "Best Ford SUV" would net you some specific results though and if you actually read my post you would see that I was specific in recommending RGB gaming keyboards as the best and leaving room for specific personal preference.

Yeah, nah, and for as much as it's at all important. Because the vast majority of gaming keyboards have RGB "best RGB gaming keyboard" is a near meaningless disambiguation, while "best Ford SUV" would be a meaningful one. Ford has only 3 (?) SUV models instead of the 40 odd SUV models from all vendors. OTOH a pricespy search limited to only confirmed in stock RGB gaming keyboards, in NZ- and we get minimal stock compared to Europe or the US- still yields an impractical 83 (!) options and only excludes 8 gaming keyboards that don't have RGB.

'Gaming' is just a marketing term. The only really important feature is how the keys feel, and you can't test that beforehand. You can overpay for a mechanical keyboard of course, that way you won't end up with something terrible, but I've had many standard ones I prefer the feel of.  They also have the added benefit of usually surviving a liquid spill, while mechanicals are guaranteed to fail. The higher end ones always seem to sacrifice some durability for that extra tactile feedback. 

I'm in the market for one myself actually, but it's a bit of a jungle. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Yeah bandwidth exceeded.

On 11/22/2019 at 1:36 AM, FrankJovine said:

I like the roamer key feel and as with pretty much all logitech products they seem to last quite a while for me (unlike certain other brands).

IIRC Cherry MX Red are roughly equivalent to Logitech's Romer-G, if you want the closest alternative used in Corsair/ Razor/ ASUS etc.

• Gorth locked this topic