The Outer Worlds is nominated for GOTY, Best RPG and Best Narrative at The Game Awards

Vote here: https://thegameawards.com/nominees

And here: https://www.google.com/search?q=TGA+vote

Game of The Year
Control (Remedy/505 Games)
Death Stranding(Kojima Productions/SIE)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate(Bandai-Namco/Sora/Nintendo)
Resident Evil 2(Capcom/Capcom)
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice(From Software/Activision)
The Outer Worlds(Obsidian/Private Division)

Best Narrative
A Plague Tale: Innocence(Asobo/Focus Home)
Control (Remedy/505)
Death Stranding(Kojima Productions/SIE)
Disco Elysium(ZA/UM)

Best Performance
Ashly Burch as Parvati Holcomb, The Outer Worlds
Courtney Hopeas Jesse Faden, Control
Laura Bailey as Kait Diaz, Gears 5
Mads Mikkelsen as Cliff, Death Stranding
Matthew Porretta as Dr. Casper Darling, Control
Norman Reedus as Sam Porter Bridges, Death Stranding

Best RPG
Disco Elysium(ZA/UM)
Final Fantasy XIV(Square Enix)
Kingdom Hearts III(Square Enix)
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne(Capcom)

Edited by Infinitron
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Infinitron said:

Of all the games I've played in 2019 I'd have to agree about TOW being nominated for those categories and I wouldn't have a problem with it winning.  I'm almost done with the main story and its so damn good.

• Thanks 1

Best RPG

Disco Elysium

Disco Elysium

Final Fantasy XIV

Final Fantasy XIV

Kingdom Hearts III

Kingdom Hearts III

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne

The Outer Worlds

The Outer Worlds

It's not been a good year has it...

I've never even looked at or cared about these sort of awards. All awards in general are nonsense and populaity contest really. But just looking at all the nominees... Yeeeeeeeeesh. I'm trying to think what else came out this year, looking down the wikipedia list and it looks like most of the releases were remakes/reboots/remasters/etc.
Edited by daven

nowt

43 minutes ago, thearmourofGod said:

no kidding

its the shiny new toy everyone likes to yap about

though, in reality its not

as overrated as the last of us

I'm curious what games you do like?  I'm pretty sure all your posts are disliking games.  Could be wrong.

Nevermind I think I'm mistaking you for someone else whoops

Edited by Theonlygarby
  • Thanks 1

i like all kinds of games

what i dont like is Dumbing-Down and mediocre gameplay getting glorified

i hate gamers wanting more and more fluff: animations, graphics, voice acting, ui (not ai lol), 3rd to see character, “romance”, game music (i turn it off-wouldnt if devs would get smart and not connect it to battle music), handholding

for example, tlou is a mediocre mess, doing nothing new and simply being liberal Regressive politics: i and others knew exactly what was going to happen ; it was typical every step of the way and inevitable if you arent a Regressive sheeple

bioware writing and “romance” is simply stupefied gameplay that gets pumped up due to presentation: mass effect one: a decent start- mass effect 2: get rid of all rpg mechanics and dumb down; morrowind: great game-oblivion: get rid of rpg mechanics and dumb down; assassins creed 1- good game (no HUD gameplay) great base for next game; ass creed 2: dumb down and get rid of all that was great in AC1

i hate “accessibility”

i despise hand-holding:  when i read reviews, people actually sometimes use that as a negative:  it blows me away

i started gaming with Pong and what i see now in “gamers” and devs angers me

the hypocrisy and idiocy is laughable

end rant lol 

Edited by thearmourofGod
  • Hmmm 1

I for one would have liked even more awards/nominations for Disco Elysium and The Outer Worlds both. Both deserve at least a nod in the art direction/direction departments too. But I'm also glad for the attention they're getting.

Edited by algroth
  • Thanks 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

5 minutes ago, algroth said:

I for one would have liked even more awards/nominations for Disco Elysium and The Outer Worlds both. Both deserve at least a nod in the art direction/direction departments too. But I'm also glad for the attention they're getting.

art/direction? sure

but, disco is going to get goty and best better bestest awards and its barely a video game

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, daven said:

It's not been a good year has it...

I've never even looked at or cared about these sort of awards. All awards in general are nonsense and populaity contest really. But just looking at all the nominees... Yeeeeeeeeesh. I'm trying to think what else came out this year, looking down the wikipedia list and it looks like most of the releases were remakes/reboots/remasters/etc.

Well. major companies were too busy embarrasing themselves or releasing supposively good Battle Royale which I can't be bother with. Looking at the list Plague looks like the GOTY. There is still Phoenix Point coming out, so it has a chance to save the day, though it needs to be way way way better then what we have seen so far. 

5 minutes ago, thearmourofGod said:

art/direction? sure

but, disco is going to get goty and best better bestest awards and its barely a video game

Disco Elysium isn't even nominated for GOTY. 😄 And I really don't see how it's any less a videogame than plenty of other narrative-focused games out there. There's plenty of interactivity in it which is deeply essential to the experience, there's interesting systems at play, all in all it's certainly a game. Might not be your cup of tea, but I see no reason to assume otherwise.

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

obviously, im not the only one bringing this stuff up about disco

im assuming itll win other categories, including, lol, goty, from multiple sites

it is my cup of t, but, im never so lacking in ego that i cant criticize things i like

its like comparing, oh, TOW to NV; or the walking dead games to state of decay; or the witcher 3 to the last wish

or, the tlou writing to anything 

*end rant, starting, lol ......now!

**seinfeld reference

Edited by thearmourofGod

My inner prophet has told me that...

Best Narrative will not go to TOW neither to Disco Elysium,

Best Performance will go to everyone's favourite TOW companion,

Best RPG will go to MH's expansion,
GOTY will go to something japanese.

BTW this new forum does some shi**y post formatting.

Vancian =/= per rest.

14 minutes ago, thearmourofGod said:

art/direction? sure

From what you said previously, it seems like disco would fit what you like.  I didn't play that much of it(because outer world's came out) but it didn't seem very hand holdy, wasn't filled with fluff mainly focused on the story.  The game play was just dice rolls but if that's not cutting out fluff I don't know what is 😛

im curious specifically what games you like.

the first thing i do in any game is check gameplay and hud customization

disco doesnt even need such changes as its not a rpg and barely a game

when im in the mood for a game like disco, its brilliant, but, its not...

morrowind (not hitting due to low player skill is what i like-controller twitch is not)

its not, divinity original sin

its not, planescape or fallout or deus or gothics or bgate or new vegas or mount and blade or even skyrim with mods

disco is not a rpg and it has its own category, for me

* zero handholding should be a given in EVERY game (thus, mechanics should ALWAYS reflect this)

*let the snowflake cheaters look it up on their own time

playing TOW i have the hud off:  no cheating (YES, there absolutely IS cheating in a single-player game)

i try and do all i can to not let the game or outside idiocy influence my playthrough; second playthrough is irrelevant

Edited by thearmourofGod

1 hour ago, thearmourofGod said:

what i dont like is Dumbing-Down and mediocre gameplay getting glorified

I think the biggest culprits here are Bethesda and Bioware, and I don't see any games from them on the list.  There's a difference between deliberately dumbing games down and gravitating them from already established modes of gameplay.

1 hour ago, ComradeMaster said:

I think the biggest culprits here are Bethesda and Bioware, and I don't see any games from them on the list.  There's a difference between deliberately dumbing games down and gravitating them from already established modes of gameplay.

i should also state, console games only.  my fault

1 hour ago, ComradeMaster said:

morrowind to oblivion

mass effect one to mass effect two

assassins creed one to ass creed two

i thought, foolishly, each and every time, that the next game would expand what greatness the first had started. 

skyrim vanilla is a crock. a scam: yet, im about to buy it for my daughter due to mods.  and, im actually getting giddy, lol

* morrowind was my first xbox buy:  beth games are now on my never auto-buy list

btw: TOW doesnt even get close to the brilliance of NV:  id never b foolish enuf to compare the two

Edited by thearmourofGod