The Outer Worlds Patch 1.1 Release Notes

Really glad to see an update to the UI size, that was an important change.

Now could we please get an update on 21:9 support on PC? For all of us ultrawide users, the game is basically unplayable. Natively the game crops the picture so the top and bottom get horribly chopped off, and conversations/terminals are completely borked. And there's not even an option to manually set the game to 16:9 to add pillarboxes. As it stands right now, I can't enjoy this game that I've looked forward to playing for months. I understand that we only make up less than 10% of PC gamers, but 21:9 is growing in popularity and support for it should be there on day one.

The quest for Felix is still botched for me when I start it.. I’m playing on normal, this is a bummer as it’s the last quest I need for the doing all companion quest achievement on Xbox. I’ve been holding out for this patch. 

• Like 2

It does seem that the botched quests are fixed if they were botched prior to installing the patch. Accepting the same quest post-patch still causes it to fail so be sure to stock up on botched quests before installing the patch.

All in all, patch 1.1 is only mildly botched and my main gripe was solved, even if it's way more fiddly than a fix really should be.

On 11/19/2019 at 12:25 PM, Achilles said:

Playing the PC version. Dialog responses all have number options next to them now, even though I'm playing with a controller. Didn't have this forced upon me, pre-patch :(

Noticed this too and i'm playing on PS4, which really has no reason for the numbers at all.

Hello, can you please be giving an option in-game for disabled the mouse acceleration/mouse smoothing. It's very annoying because me who play via Game Pass PC i can't change line file in game folder for disabled for administation things.... Result, i cannot play anymore...

Thanks for listen to me.

Any plans to implement exit saves for supernova difficulty? Something like what Dark Souls does, where the save file is deleted upon loading? As it stands, players must return to the ship every time they need to quit the game.  This introduces the burden of making gameplay decisions conform to real life circumstances. 

Am I missing something? Is there are good reason for not allowing save on quit?

On 11/21/2019 at 2:11 PM, SteffytheRed said:

Are all the patches for Xbox going to be 17GB? Some of us have limited bandwidth and that is a killer.

No patch past Day 1 have been 17GB. The last was just over 1gb.

2 hours ago, Cliff Chapin said:

Where is the current version of Outer Worlds displayed for PC?

I don't know about the Epic Games Store version, but if you are running the Microsost Store version, you have to click the 3 dots in the upper right corner of Microsoft Store and select "Downloads and Updates".  Scroll down until you find the game and one of the columns will display the current installed version. In my case (see image) it's saying 1.1.387.0

If you are using the Xbox App for PC, it doesn't display the game version anywhere. But the app is just a wrapper for Microsoft Store that filters out apps that aren't games. Any installs and updates you make through the app are done by Microsoft Store in the background, so the same thing applies for checking out the version of the game.

Sem Título.jpg

I stopped to play when I noticed Parvati's bug, I just came back today (when I read about the patch) and try with some save files I was experimenting with (each of them with the bug or just to appear the bug) and I found this:

1st save: Just before getting "Don't Bite the Sun" quest, just in front of Parvati, I talk to her, give me the quest and failed, leave the ship and still bugged.

2nd save: I had the bugged botched "Don't Bite the Sun" and was in front of the old lady in the groundbreaker after bought the soap. The quest isn't in my journal (either active or botched). Parvati and the old lady don't mention anything about the quest.

3rd save: This I was inside my ship on Stellar Bay's landing pad, going to buy the cake for the bugged quest (weeks before I tried to buy it with the botched quest but the chef never gave me the option and I stopped playing). This time the quest appears in the active journal (not botched). I could buy the cake and receive the next objective. So the quest looks fixed in this save.

Now I fear I may have the "Parvati dead" ending message, but there is only one way to find out. I don't understand how this game features works but I hope my experience could help somebody to know how to fix it in their games.

I'm playing on xbox one

Edited by Zolrak
I forgot to mention the plataform I was playing with

13 hours ago, Cliff Chapin said:

Thanks! An yes I have the Microsoft Store version and it displays like yours does. Strange that the game doesn't display it's version somewhere!

You're quite welcome.

Say, was your update also 36 GB, like mine?

This is such a brilliant game and it's a shame that the patch did not fix two massive game breaking issues.

Don't Bite the Sun and Friendship's Due are still botched on the Xbox1.  I don't remember Parvati ever dying and I can still talk to her and take her on missions.   I was able to speak to to Clyde Harlow and agreed to help even the the quest still shows as botched.  I had hoped that talking to Clyde would force the quest to continue but it is still showing as botched.  

Are there plans to address the botched missions in the next patch or are these quests just not fixable?  Can we please have transparency regarding these issues as I don't want to waste time completing the game in a broken state or waiting for fix that might never come.    

Thank you for your help.

Edited by Firefly

On 11/19/2019 at 2:11 AM, HerrFrau said:

wait, this is it? is this a joke? a checkbox (not even a slider) for stuff that is mostly voiced anyway?

half of the text in the game is still tiny - especially the text that is not voiced and you actually have to read.

i am sitting 3 meters away from a 40 inch flatscreen and i still have trouble reading messages, notes, wanted posters, logs, item descriptions, stats etc. without getting my eyes fatigued.

by the way, terminal log are not easier to read, only the navigation option are.

pretty disappointing considering i waited 2 weeks for this, hoping i could play the outer worlds without my eyes hurting.

what a shame, seems to be a pretty amazing game otherwise

With my 32-inch, 4k RGB monitor,  and seated in a chair with my eyes  ~18-24 inches away,  the fonts are fine....;)  You're sitting ~10 feet away from a screen that is only 8" larger (diagonally) than mine.  You could try a pair of magnifying glasses I suppose, or else move in closer to the monitor...?  Or you could try lowering  your game resolution which will automatically enlarge the text display. 

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

OK, just updated from the Windows Store for Game Pass for PC, and the version reports after the patch that I am on 1.1.387.0.  Is this correct?  Thanks for the answers!

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

If u still got the botched Quest for don´t bite the sun and got no other save files just deal with it or start from the beginning. 

I just started a new game cuz i was tired of looking if the devs care in the Forums and looking for a patch to come every Day.

Just make sure to save each 30 minutes in case something is breaking again. 

On 11/19/2019 at 1:35 AM, Hardtarget24 said:

Windows Store wasn't showing the patch so I just assumed it wasn't out until I saw this post.  After that I looked at the game in the Windows Xbox App and all of a sudden that said "update available" which i could launch from the Xbox app:

image.thumb.png.3b1e8505bd0d01275bafc68d14524994.png

Yeah, I found it in the Windows Store app, under pending downloads.

The font is so small that its hurting my eyes, im really trying to love the game, cause it seems like one of the Best to come in a while. But the font is a huge bummer, the bigger text button doesnt change anything at all in the PS4. Please solve this, i want to play it fully so bad. 

Hi guys.

Is there any chance that one of the devs could come along and let us know if a text slider is going to be implemented in the next patch?

I had to put this brilliant game to one side in the hope that the hotfix would sort it out, but the text is still way too small on the PS4.  I'm sat 8 feet away from a 43 inch telly and the font and text is giving me terrible eyestrain. I don't have this problem with any of my other games and I have  regular eye tests every two years.

I've put the game to one side again. I really want to play this game, but I may have to trade it if there are no plans to address this issue. I would be ever so grateful if someone can provide an update?