First person combat only? Main survival aspect?

Wondering if you can only play the game in first person. Considering the setting, it looks like it will be melee focused, which doesn't lend itself to first person. Conan switched to third person combat for this very reason and it improved combat dramatically. Not saying that first person combat is bad, but it is very hard to pull off and usually ends up very dull. It also makes character customization via clothing or armor basically useless for yourself.

What is the main survival problem in the game? The environment itself? NPC creatures? Other players? From the trailer it looks more like we are fighting together against npcs (which I would prefer). In this case, is the environment itself actually dangerous and fighting your way from point A to B in the garden the hard part? (imagine a much more complex and longer Left 4 Dead) Or is it more a "build your base and defend it against waves of enemies tower defense style"-kinda thing?

Seeing how the setting is very original and creative, I would hate to see it be Generic PvP Survival Game No. 23 when it comes to gameplay.

To be honest, I am not a fan of survival games to begin with and not really thrilled with this announcement, but it being developed by Obsidian, I have my hopes up that it becomes a very different, more complex and interesting take on the genre. Survival by working together and being clever and resourceful in an adventurous kind of way instead of the usual grieving simulator.

From what I’ve seen so far. Your character is someone who was experimenting somewhere. Probably in the shed. An the experiment went wrong and you ended up getting shrunk to the size of an ant. Your main objective is to get yourself back to normal size. This is done with a story which you then follow. But in order to get each task done you are faced with obstacles. The setting is a garden, so naturally insects and creatures will be present. Some friendly some hostile. You need to build shelter, proved yourself with food and water, gather resources to craft item you need on your adventure in the garden and getting back to being human size again. Can be played solo or in groups of 4 players. 

On 11/16/2019 at 7:53 PM, Voronja said:

From what I’ve seen so far. Your character is someone who was experimenting somewhere. Probably in the shed. An the experiment went wrong and you ended up getting shrunk to the size of an ant. Your main objective is to get yourself back to normal size. This is done with a story which you then follow. But in order to get each task done you are faced with obstacles. The setting is a garden, so naturally insects and creatures will be present. Some friendly some hostile. You need to build shelter, proved yourself with food and water, gather resources to craft item you need on your adventure in the garden and getting back to being human size again. Can be played solo or in groups of 4 players. 

Oh, interesting. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...