When will Friendship's Due start?

I've had Felix as a companion as soon as he was available.  I've progressed up to the Radio Free Monarch quest, completing almost every possible side quest that is available at this point.  I've take Felix exploring on every plant available at this point.  It has been multiple hours worth of gameplay.  From what I've read, Friendship's Due is supposed to start after questing with Felix for "some" time. 

However, there seems to be no sign of this quest becoming available...he's never approached me and there's no new dialogue options.  I've tried swapping him out with other companions for a few minutes to see if that would reset something. 

Does anyone have a more accurate estimate of how much time I have to spend with Felix for this quest to become available?  Is this a known bug?  The only bugs I've read about for this quest take place after the quest has started.  I can't get the quest to become available in the first place... 

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kyler said:

I've already completed VIcar's questline, I even had Felix with me at the time.  No dice.

Bummer, maybe try after the patch on Monday.  I haven't' heard of an issue with Felix until now but maybe the fixes will reset things and it will work for you.

No clue. I never touched Felix.

I don't know at what point, but he randomly asked to talk while on the ship as I was progressing. I was finishing up Monarch at the time I believe? Not sure what the trigger is. If you haven't already, progress a little more forward to see if anything else bumps it. It may not trigger after a specific quest is finished.

You said up to the Monarch quest, I'm not sure if that means "completed" it. If not, complete that quest and finish off Monarch completely, then continue traveling. Felix may trigger after that point.

On 11/20/2019 at 4:36 AM, Devilangel58 said:

No clue. I never touched Felix.

I don't know at what point, but he randomly asked to talk while on the ship as I was progressing. I was finishing up Monarch at the time I believe? Not sure what the trigger is. If you haven't already, progress a little more forward to see if anything else bumps it. It may not trigger after a specific quest is finished.

You said up to the Monarch quest, I'm not sure if that means "completed" it. If not, complete that quest and finish off Monarch completely, then continue traveling. Felix may trigger after that point.

That did it.  It seems like Radio Free Monarch was the trigger.  As soon as I finished turning the quest in to Phineas, I talked to Felix, and he gave me his companion quest. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on my 5th playthrough and every tie there has been different triggers for Felix' quest (when Vicar Max' quest or Solution Vital takes me to Scylla, randomly when I speak to him, etc)  so I lean towards assuming  that there really isn't a specific trigger other than possibly a certain number of hours played.