So which state is this project?

200px-Flag_of_Maine.svg.png

Maine.

That implies there are three other projects (Mississippi, Illinois, and Alabama) potentially under consideration.

Check it out.  Grab a copy of the video loop from https://grounded.obsidian.net --->>  https://d1079ywfijtdjs.cloudfront.net/images/grounded/videos/grounded-looping-video.mp4
Parse it for strings, and you'll find:

<creatorAtom:windowsAtom
    creatorAtom:extension=".prproj"
    creatorAtom:invocationFlags="/L"
    creatorAtom:uncProjectPath="\\?\C:\Users\mmiranda\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\13.0\Maine 15 Sec Loop.prproj"/>

• Like 6
  • Gasp! 3

4 hours ago, Ethics Gradient said:

200px-Flag_of_Maine.svg.png

Maine.

That implies there are three other projects (Mississippi, Illinois, and Alabama) potentially under consideration.

Check it out.  Grab a copy of the video loop from https://grounded.obsidian.net --->>  https://d1079ywfijtdjs.cloudfront.net/images/grounded/videos/grounded-looping-video.mp4
Parse it for strings, and you'll find:

<creatorAtom:windowsAtom
    creatorAtom:extension=".prproj"
    creatorAtom:invocationFlags="/L"
    creatorAtom:uncProjectPath="\\?\C:\Users\mmiranda\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\13.0\Maine 15 Sec Loop.prproj"/>

Thanks! I love keeping track of this kind of info. So then perhaps MS, IL, and AL are (not in order) the projects of Adler, Perez, and Parker?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kanisatha said:

Thanks! I love keeping track of this kind of info. So then perhaps MS, IL, and AL are (not in order) the projects of Adler, Perez, and Parker?

Adler, yes. Parker, probably not and Perez, no.

There's quite possibly 1 or 2 cancelled projects in there.

Edited by C2B

8 hours ago, C2B said:

Adler, yes. Parker, probably not and Perez, no.

There's quite possibly 1 or 2 cancelled projects in there.

One project was cancelled sometime this summer. One Obsidian employee has a cancelled project listed under his resume in 2019. Adler's project is then newest out of the 3. Perez has been leading his team since January. Parker who knows how long. Adler added Game Director to his LinkedIn sometime this summer.

Edited by Flouride
  • Thanks 1

Hate the living, love the dead.

19 minutes ago, Flouride said:

One project was cancelled sometime this summer. One Obsidian employee has a cancelled project listed under his resume in 2019. Adler's project is then newest out of the 3. Perez has been leading his team since January. Parker who knows how long. Adler added Game Director to his LinkedIn sometime this summer.

According to his Linkedin Adler's Project started january 2018

Edited by C2B

1 minute ago, C2B said:

According to his Linkedin Adler's Project started january 2018

No, you are reading it wrong. January 2018 he started working on the Deadfire DLCs. That Unannounced project was added there this summer, when his work as a Gameplay Design Director on an another unannouced game stopped.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Flouride said:

Thanks! And we know from that same Eurogamer(?) story that Parker's project is currently active.

So while we are in speculation mode about current projects underway at Obsidian, what do you all think of the prospect that one of those very-early exploratory projects could be NwN3?

I mean, even though apparently Obsidian also sought it, the BG license eventually went to Larian. So why not the NwN license possibly going to Obsidian?

Since my last post Matthew Perez has taken down his role as a Game Director. He is now a Lead Area Designer.  It could be that he was the Game Director on Outer Worlds DLC and finished his work on it or it was his project that was cancelled earlier this year.

So I guess that scratches off one of the projects from the list.

- The Outer Worlds DLC

-Grounded

-Project Missouri aka Sawyer's project

-Parker's Project aka the AAA cRPG

-Adler's project (which might be Missouri).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Flouride said:

Since my last post Matthew Perez has taken down his role as a Game Director. He is now a Lead Area Designer.  It could be that he was the Game Director on Outer Worlds DLC and finished his work on it or it was his project that was cancelled earlier this year.

So I guess that scratches off one of the projects from the list.

- The Outer Worlds DLC

-Grounded

-Project Missouri aka Sawyer's project

-Parker's Project aka the AAA cRPG

-Adler's project (which might be Missouri).

Aww man! Too bad. But it's to be expected some of these projects will not work out. And I suspect that at least one and maybe more of "Mississippi", "Illinois", and "Alabama" are indeed canceled projects because projects like Parker's, for example, seem to have been launched much more recently and as such may have a codename that comes after "Missouri".

1 hour ago, kanisatha said:

Aww man! Too bad. But it's to be expected some of these projects will not work out. And I suspect that at least one and maybe more of "Mississippi", "Illinois", and "Alabama" are indeed canceled projects because projects like Parker's, for example, seem to have been launched much more recently and as such may have a codename that comes after "Missouri".

I believe Parker's project was started before Missouri. What throws me off, is the Grounded's Maine project name. Maybe they didn't hand out that name until very recently?

At least one of the "Mississippi", "Illinois" and "Alabama" projects is cancelled. Twitter handle (?) Rand Al'Thor said that Grounded isn't the project that got Microsoft interested in acquiring Obsidian. Neither was The Outer Worlds. So there is a project that has been in the works quite some time now and made Microsoft buy the company.

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Flouride said:

So there is a project that has been in the works quite some time now and made Microsoft buy the company.

Which may be the long-rumored AAA open world RPG project, which some have associated with Parker but maybe not so. Hmmm. Very interesting.

Grounded being "Maine" threw me off as well, though yes I also think it's likely this game came together as a real project very suddenly at the last minute.

And as a side-note, thanks a lot for sharing this kind of information because I for one love playing around with these puzzles in my head. 😀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Outer world's wasn't what got Microsoft interested?  That makes me very excited for the future of obsidian!

On 11/17/2019 at 9:53 AM, Flouride said:

Rand Al'Thor said that Grounded isn't the project that got Microsoft interested in acquiring Obsidian. Neither was The Outer Worlds. So there is a project that has been in the works quite some time now and made Microsoft buy the company.

Edited by Theonlygarby