PLEASE bring back failed skill check dialogue options

This is not something that I expect to be considered for a patch of DLC for TOW, but maybe something to consider in the future. Having recently changed the settings in the game so that I can see ALL dialogue options that are available, not just the ones I am close to reaching, it's really sad to see that failed skill checks in dialogue are simply not available.

I understand that it requires a whole load of new responses from NPCs, but some of those options and the responses in New Vegas were comedy gold.

The [Dumb] dialogue choices get a lot of love from everybody as far as I can tell, but the inept responses in New Vegas were just as good. Trying to pass an Intimidation check with my stick figure scientist should be an amusing little moment, not simply greyed out until my meathead playthrough. I had the game issue with Tyranny and Pillars of Eternity as well. :(

Edited by UrbaNebula
  • Thanks 1

I don't mind dialogues not being executed as skill checks as I feel that could promote a more save-scummy playstyle and so on... But as with the [Dumb] dialogue options I wouldn't mind also seeing dialogue options for other stat deficiencies, like [Weak] or [Clumsy] or [Unperceptive] or [Emotional] or the likes.

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

4 hours ago, algroth said:

I don't mind dialogues not being executed as skill checks as I feel that could promote a more save-scummy playstyle and so on... But as with the [Dumb] dialogue options I wouldn't mind also seeing dialogue options for other stat deficiencies, like [Weak] or [Clumsy] or [Unperceptive] or [Emotional] or the likes.

What they did with low intelligent builds in FO 1&2 is awesome and added to the re-playability of those games.

On 11/14/2019 at 8:12 PM, algroth said:

more attribute related dialogue will be nice

maybe something like frantic or irritated more suit for low temperament