Random Factoid Post

Rather than just answering questions all the time, I've been trying to think of things I can post that maybe you haven't thought to ask. Or maybe the questions have been asked but missed in the flood of text. There isn't a lot though, since the questions have been very thorough.

As has been mentioned, we're trying to give the party NPCs unique abilities to make them handy for different things. One of the magazines mentioned Atton's Revival ability, but the description for it was sort've unclear.

What that ability actually does is let Atton get back up in combat after he's been KO'd for a certain number of seconds. He'll get back up with just a few HP, but if you act quickly, you might be able to heal him up and have him rejoin the battle instead of being out one of your party members for the remainder of the battle.

Note that this isn't Atton's only special ability. There's a number of other character-specific abilities in the game.

Anyway, there you go. There was something else I had contemplated mentioning as well, but I've forgotten what it was.

-Akari

If you used it before they never dropped in the first place.

Has anyone started an NPC List?

You know ~

Atton Rand

Job: Construction Worker

Special Ability: Able to get back up

HP-D4

Job: Cute Droid

Special Ability: Able to fix your ship

White Lady

Job: Jedi

Special Ability: Telepathy

Red-Head (Mira?)

Job: Resident hottie

Special Ability: Fan Service and Flame thrower

Mysterious Lady

Job: Enigmatic and stuff

Special Ability: You will learn.. but only when the time is right.

**Edited to add Mira's Special ability**

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Random Factoid: My cat likes to eat both cheese and BBQ sause.

Random Factoid II: I like to eat Cheese Nips WITH BBQ sauce. ;)

P.S. What's so hard about using cure before they drop? Often times I'd just have two high force users in my party along with myself, with the scripts set to 'Use Force Power' or whatnot, and then the AI takes over for me, making them use Heal if anyone is hurt to a certain extent. Reminds me of the 'Healers' in Dungeon Siege. :)

... As has been mentioned, we're trying to give the party NPCs unique abilities to make them handy for different things ...

How about giving the character some unique ability so s/he is actually something special instead of being just like random NPC n

drakron.png

... As has been mentioned, we're trying to give the party NPCs unique abilities to make them handy for different things ...

How about giving the character some unique ability so s/he is actually something special instead of being just like random NPC n

Just to be nitpicky :blink: Revan did have a special talent: force sensitivity. But it was a pretty useless thing considering all it did was giving 40 measly extra force points. I'm not an expert on te D20 system but doesn't force sensitivity mean something more than just being able to use the force a bit more? Like a bonus to attributes, DC:s or something like that?

No, being 'force' sensitive only means you can use the force.

Just to be nitpicky :blink: Revan did have a special talent: force sensitivity. But it was a pretty useless thing considering all it did was giving 40 measly extra force points. I'm not an expert on te D20 system but doesn't force sensitivity mean something more than just being able to use the force a bit more? Like a bonus to attributes, DC:s or something like that?

No, being 'force' sensitive only means you can use the force.

The guy has a point, not everyone could use the force.

Is this a beginning of a developer diary ? :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

How about having a "weekly update" like Bungie does at the moment with Halo 2?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy