Should I Mod/Tinker Companions’ Weapons/Armour.

I both mod and tinker with a weapon that my companions use it seems to help but that could be me just thinking it should.  A concerted effort of data mining would need to be conducted to verify or deny with test of both unmodded/untinkered damage and a tinkered item with mods.  I would say tinkering would be the more likely to help as it is easiest to see a damage increase by the stats window when you equip it to your companion.  I am less sure about armor mods that raise skills as you can't really see what your companions skills are at.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ommamar said:

I both mod and tinker with a weapon that my companions use it seems to help but that could be me just thinking it should.  A concerted effort of data mining would need to be conducted to verify or deny with test of both unmodded/untinkered damage and a tinkered item with mods.  I would say tinkering would be the more likely to help as it is easiest to see a damage increase by the stats window when you equip it to your companion.  I am less sure about armor mods that raise skills as you can't really see what your companions skills are at.

Many thanks :)

I only would if you are the type of player who doesn't really care about the shooting aspect and just want your companions to do all the work for you. I'm the opposite, where I would rather they don't do anything because even on hard difficulty, it was too easy with my companions killing everything too quickly. I liked to give them the science weapons so I could still use their effects but not have to limit my damage by using them myself. The 2 I had my companions use were the Gloop Gun and Mind Control Ray. Get one or more enemies floating through the air unable to do anything for the duration and then mind fork another to fight for me and basically gain an extra companion. Very useful versus the bigger enemies like the Mega Matiqueen's and really any Mega enemy since the Mind Control Ray actually affects them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1