Eberron

Lumenadducere

Hello all,

I've just started reading through the Eberron Campaign Setting, and I think it's awesome. I'd just like to mention that I think it would be cool if the next CRPG you guys worked on, if you were planning on it being another licensed game, was set in Eberron.

I really think that RPGs should start branching into the other campaign settings if they're going to be D&D games. I mean, I love the Forgotten Realms, but I think it would be quite interesting to learn more of the other settings.

Also, if there is going to be another RPG set in the FR, I'd like for it to be where you could actually travel to the other continents. Like, you could sail from Waterdeep or Neverwinter or wherever and go to Maztica or the oriental one (forgot its name) and visit.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I like what I've seen of Ebberon, but I really really really hope the next game they do is an original property that's Obsidian owned.

There is a LOT of talent here :rolleyes: It's a shame it's being fettered by the limitations of other properties.

I've read (in an official site about Eberron) that Eberron is a campaign setting specially designed to meet the features needed in a computer RPG. That only means one thing - cheesy setting! I prefer the Dragonlance on all of them. But Forgotten Realms is doing a GREAT job so far.. why to spoil it?! -_-

One idea I had that's never going to happen was to create a 'core' dnd game that played in one or another of the settings and allowed you to buy and create you own settings.

I agree. I wish they'd set up expansion packs based on each D&D book, to allow full capabilities when playing online. Could allow for some incredible uniqueness. I'd buy them if they did. It would be nice to have access to all those prestige classes, and to have enough diversity that it becomes harder to run into people of the same class/classes.

I've read (in an official site about Eberron) that Eberron is a campaign setting specially designed to meet the features needed in a computer RPG. That only means one thing - cheesy setting! I prefer the Dragonlance on all of them. But Forgotten Realms is doing a GREAT job so far.. why to spoil it?!  :o

What site was that? I'm very familiar with Eberron, and I've never seen Keith Baker (the creator of the setting) or WotC say anything to that effect. The closest thing that I can think of that was said about Eberron and video games is, when the first announcement was made, the press release stated that the campaign setting would be fully supported, and would include novel lines and video games set in Eberron. This makes it no different from FR.

Eberron is closer to Edgar Rice Burroughs meets The Shadow meets The Maltese Falcon meets H.P Lovecraft meets Tolkien. There are a wide variety of influences that are not commonly drawn upon when one creates a fantasy world (though those influences can be found in most), and it gives Eberron a unique flavor. Seriously, check it out better before you bash it; you might be pleasantly suprised.

For your enlightenment:

Eberron Official Home Page

Keith Baker's website

One of two ENWorld reviews

The other ENWorld review

Sean K. Reynolds' review (SKR worked for BIS, and was one of the main writers for Forgotten Realms 3.0 CSB and the Ghostwalk CSB)

No no no....Not in Eberron.I saw Eberron map it's almost desert  :angry: ! Who know few things about Eberron's people and mythology? Would be pleased for this information. Hate deserts  :angry: ! If somebody want to see map it's over hereEberron map (.pdf Adobe)

I take it you are not a Darksun fan Mr. Drow? No worries only the land of the Halflings is actually desert as I recall.

Games in Eberron would be very interesting. As long as they are party based BG-style (with new and improved technology of course B) )

Forgotten Realms is too high in magic for my taste, and Eberron is CRAZY when it comes to using magic for the mundane aspects of life. Some folks like that kind of thing. Me, I like Greyhawk's lower magic setting. It means that magic is magic, and not some arcane power used in making lightbulbs or trains.

I heard Eberron was created with that D&D Online MMORPG in mind. That may not be true, but it's definitely going to use it as a setting. So if paying a monthly fee to play, and having any roleplay scuppered by ooc chat spam is your thing, then all is well!

I like the setting but I much prefer FR. It's exactly what I would want a setting to be like if I had the skill, talent or inclination to design one myself. Used to play Greyhawk way back when, that was good too but FR is better.

The added advantage that FR has (especially when we're talking about NWN2, but more generally true also) is that plenty of the people I play with are not ex-D&D players. We're all heavily into the RP side of NWN and over the last two years have spent a lot of time becoming familiar with the FR maps, deities and history. They wouldn't necessarily want to start all over again in a new setting when they will never use the info (old or new) outside of the computer game.

• 2 weeks later...

Dragonlance roxors man its alot better than FR. I love FR don't get me wrong, but a well done Dragonlance set campaign would be uber cool. FR=Alright Dragonlance=UBER COOL *dances around like the Orc in WoW*

What part of the timeline to make it in would be the hardest part I think. Should it be in the Age of Heroes.... Or maybe in the Age of Mortals... hmmm several different possibilities.