The initial hit triggers Carnage but the AoE hits do not. So, nothing special basically. 

However: "Offensive Parry" triggers Carnage every time if I'm not mistaken...

WotEP + Clear Out (Fighter) does what you suspected: every Clear Out hit triggers the cone attack. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

They really don't. Especially with Frenzy. You can still make it work but you'd need the help of a fellow party member through deflection buffs and accuracy debuffs or go the forced disengagement route (it's easy to stack a ton of deflection bonus against disengagement attacks).

Offensive Parry aside: afaik Barbaric Retaliation triggers an AoE attack with WotEP every time you get crit (I know Karabörü does). It's nice if you stand in a corner and most enemies attack you from one side.

Also Spirit Frenzy and Blood Frenzy both work with the cone's AoE hits.

11 hours ago, Boeroer said:

They really don't. Especially with Frenzy. You can still make it work but you'd need the help of a fellow party member through deflection buffs and accuracy debuffs or go the forced disengagement route (it's easy to stack a ton of deflection bonus against disengagement attacks).

Offensive Parry aside: afaik Barbaric Retaliation triggers an AoE attack with WotEP every time you get crit (I know Karabörü does). It's nice if you stand in a corner and most enemies attack you from one side.

Also Spirit Frenzy and Blood Frenzy both work with the cone's AoE hits.

Could be worth a try, then. If I don't give it to Konstanten, Pallegina can always get it and I didn't have it made in my previous playthroughs. The alternate plan is to give Konstanten Willbreaker, so I can always fall back on that.

4 hours ago, Kaylon said:

You can give WotEP to Rekke (fighter/barbarian).

I'm planning to make him a fighter/monk this time, to see how it works.

Konstanten with Willbreaker would be my preferred setup.

Fighter/Monk can reach very high deflection vs. disengagement attacks (since starting deflection is good and Fast Runner, Graceful Retreat and Tumbling do all stack with Vigorous Defense and Warrior Stance).

11 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Konstanten with Willbreaker would be my preferred setup.

Fighter/Monk can reach very high deflection vs. disengagement attacks (since starting deflection is good and Fast Runner, Graceful Retreat and Tumbling do all stack with Vigorous Defense and Warrior Stance).

Then I guess Pallegina will get Whispers. I'm not sure how I'll build a fighter/monk Rekke yet, but maybe I'll try to give him a single weapon.