Yet Another Parvati Death Glitch Complaint

Just adding my voice to the chorus of people who would greatly appreciate it if Obsidian would fix this. Parvati is an engaging character, so kudos to them for that, but that just makes it all the more frustrating that her companion quest fails when it shouldn't

In my case, I had just gotten back from Roseway to buy the key from Gladys and I got Parvati's special soap at the same time. Picked Refurbished Ship. Then fast-traveled back to the ship. Not sure when the quest failed, but when I checked my journal, I noticed that her quest was botched, so I checked out why and was horrified by the "Parvati has died" prompt, especially since I'm playing on Normal (there's no ompanion perma-death, right?). And yet, there she was in the engine room, and her dialog indicated she was still excited about getting the soap we'd picked up for her. So, what gives? Can we get this fixed?

• Like 1

I just ran into this glitch! Started to marathon the companion quests, just completed Felix's and wanted to move onto Parvati's next (I had already gotten her questline to "Don't Bite The Sun"). Initially was super confused when I didn't see it under the Companion Quest section before I finally found it under Botched. This really sucks, I was interested in seeing her story through and and it just feels wrong staring at this "Parvati was killed." description when she's my go-to party member for combat.

I just got this glitch myself. :(

Story mode, she had just asked about having drinks as Felix and Vic were suiting up to bring the comm satellite back online. I told her "Sure, next time we're there, drinks are on me." and then the boys and I went bot hunting, leaving her alone on the ship with Ada.

Mid-quest, I get a notification that the quest was failed due to her death. Unless Ada went full HAL-9000 on her, I don't see how.

She was still alive and I've made it further in her questline in other playthroughs?

4 hours ago, Chaophim said:

I just got this glitch myself. :(

Story mode, she had just asked about having drinks as Felix and Vic were suiting up to bring the comm satellite back online. I told her "Sure, next time we're there, drinks are on me." and then the boys and I went bot hunting, leaving her alone on the ship with Ada.

Mid-quest, I get a notification that the quest was failed due to her death. Unless Ada went full HAL-9000 on her, I don't see how.

She was still alive and I've made it further in her questline in other playthroughs?

One of the confirmed causes is if you initiate an event such as dialog or zone transition while a companion is climbing a ladder then they keep climbing until eventually the engine runs out of ladder causing a conflict which is resolved by marking them as dead even though they clearly aren't and can still be used.  Most likely she decided to go up to the engine room while you where leaving the ship, since you can't see her from the ramp entry you would never know.  The good news is this is suppose to be patched which is projected to be this week although I haven't heard a specific day.

• Thanks 1