REQUEST: Stuff I would love to see added to this game!

1) Being able to give basic commands to your Companions, like in Mass Effect 2. Simple commands like GO HERE, DEFEND, REGROUP etc. 

2) Mines / trip wires

3) deployable sentry turrets

4) some knives and swords

Would love to see those added to the game... 

Edited by LaMOi

When I was looking at this game after release Mass effect was one of the games thrown out that this game is like so I to had envisioned a similar companion control system that you mention.

Do you mean have the ability to place mines/trip wires yourself?  A related query anyone know what makes a mine an enemy kill?  I have gotten the enemy killed message a few times when shooting mines but not to often and it seems to be rare.

Turrets would be cool maybe tied into engineering or something you can purchase or make, a new traps tab on the workbench would fit in I think.  Make them a selectable weapon you can place down.

I haven't seen knives but there are sentry blades and the officers spine for one hand melee.

Let me say — I don’t yet own the game. I plan on picking it up in the next few days.

Yeah instead having your companions blindly follow you — it would be great if you could control there movement. Mass Effect squad control is really not that deep but what’s there at least allows you to place your companions strategically for maximum tactical effect. It just adds another layer to the gameplay. 

But because you can’t do that in this game — I’m inclined to not take them with me on missions. 

Regarding mines — I have not see any evidence they are included in your arsenal. But would love to see them added. 
same with deployable Sentry turrets. 

I like to play defensively in games, setting up traps etc. It adds a layer of satisfying strategy to the combat. 

5 hours ago, Wilmots said:

Sure and more opponents and please harder encounters, much is way too easy even on supernova.

Mmmm. I was planning on playing on Supernova from the beginning actually because I had heard the game is too easy! 

maybe some added difficulty settings?

i hate easy games. I stopped playing Days Gone for that reason, even after releasing more difficulty settings. 

8 hours ago, LaMOi said:

Let me say — I don’t yet own the game. I plan on picking it up in the next few days.

Yeah instead having your companions blindly follow you — it would be great if you could control there movement. Mass Effect squad control is really not that deep but what’s there at least allows you to place your companions strategically for maximum tactical effect. It just adds another layer to the gameplay. 

But because you can’t do that in this game — I’m inclined to not take them with me on missions. 

Regarding mines — I have not see any evidence they are included in your arsenal. But would love to see them added. 
same with deployable Sentry turrets. 

I like to play defensively in games, setting up traps etc. It adds a layer of satisfying strategy to the combat. 

You can send your companions to this spot or that spot but in combat I rarely do as they will rush in to the enemy on any setting except passive.  In which if they aren't micromanaged they will literally stand there taking damage.  In mass effect I felt I could use companions to support my strategy where in TOW it seems I can either fight or micro manage my companions not both at the same time.  There have been fights in a few zones even on normal difficulty where using my companion abilities has made a difference in a fight if implemented at the right time, to early usually puts them to deep in the enemy which causes them to be taken out of the fight.  Too late and I usually end up dead or retreating to heal myself or the ability has no effect at all on the outcome of the fight.  They can be fun to watch plus some of the voice over with them is funny.

you can set companions to offensive or defensive and can direct them to specific locations and when and whom to attack or recall

they have special moves that you can access immediately during combat which comes with a cooler timer before next use

on supernova, with a leadership build and appropriately tinckered gear companions are a force and do not have to be baby sat and they can survive even on aggressive mode

proper weapon choice v enemies is paramount

17 minutes ago, LaMOi said:

Wait a minute you can tell them to go to a specific location? Like Mass Effect? And they will defend that point....? Really? 

The move command is Z which will produce an arrow to show you the location they head to.  As for defending it the only time I have managed to get them to stay in the same spot is to put them on passive then give them a target.  Once that target is down you have to give them another or they will just stand there even if damaged.  If I put them on defensive they have a tendency to reposition to reach another target.  It is possible to control them through out a battle but doesn't feel as reactive as mass effects system, I either spend all my time micromanaging my companions or I just kill everything myself. Oh if you notice your companions not following just hold Z and they will.

58 minutes ago, LaMOi said:

Wait a minute you can tell them to go to a specific location? Like Mass Effect? And they will defend that point....? Really? 

yep

what they do from there is very much dependent upon what setting you have them on

as O said, having them, on passive/defensive is the key: if you want to micromanage then that is very much possible if you continue to direct them 

if micromanaging isnt what you want then aggressive/defensive is the key

want to get your companion instantly near you or attacking a specific target: hit special move!

an aspect im still trying to completely figure out is the distance you set your companion from yourself and figuring out their gameplay tendencies

Edited by thearmourofGod

1 hour ago, LaMOi said:

Can you split them up? Tell one to go to point A the other to go to point B? 

I have not found a way to do that, there is only one direction key for them which is Z.  This might be why the system in mass effect seemed so much better as you could use each of the companions separately.  This is one of the things I hope a mod addresses as it would add so much more tactically to the game.

Here are some request I'd like

1. The ability to turn off the flaw system. I never use them and the notification it a tad annoying. I personally see no reason to take one. It only gives you 1 perk point in return, and most of the perks that are really useful you can get before hitting the lvl cap. Plus the majority of the flaws, that I've seen, effect 3 different skills while only giving me 1 perk point in return. There's not that many good perks. There's no need for extra perk points IMO.

2. I'd like the ability to play with the survival elements on normal or hard difficulties. I would just play on supernova, but as stated above, I don't like the flaw system. And in supernova you have to accept flaws.

3. A new game plus option  

4 hours ago, Emt-Fields said:

Uh... Yes you do. It says it right in the description for supernova. That is the only reason I haven't played it on that difficulty.

i am playing supernova and just declined the physical damage flaw

ill go check and see if somehow my game got switched off of supernova (it would explain how ez the game has gotten, lol)

...still on supernova

also, just tested it with falling and declined Acrophobia on supernova

Edited by thearmourofGod