"Parvati didn't survive her adventure with you"

So I finished the outer worlds and it appears Parvati's Epilogue is bugged. I've completed her side quest and I'm playing on normal difficulty (meaning it's impossible for her to die), however, when I reach her epilogue, it says "Parvati didn't survive her adventure with you."

Is anyone else having this issue?

If so, any workarounds?

If I had to bet, you opened up a dialogue with an NPC while Parvati climbed a ladder.

From what I've read, any follower doing that will just keep climbing and then will ultimately have their underlying death-flag triggered.

If their companion quest is active, then it will fail due to this "death", but if you already finished the quest, then you won't know what happened until the very end of the game.

I ended up reloading a save from when her quest was active (to make sure the flag wasn't triggered), then made sure no followers were on ladders during any dialogue, and then all was fine at the ending-slideshow.

I think for me she actually fell into the pit where you get one of the science weapons (the mind control ray, I think) in the secret Rizzo lab under Cascadia, but I didn't realize it had broken her quest at the time since she popped back to life when I went down the next hall. Chalked it up to experience, didn't affect anything else on my run. I could even still do the quest itself, her date with Junlei and everything, so the only real issue was the ending slide.

2 minutes ago, Ommamar said:

Hopefully the patch projected for next week fixes this, although still not sure how current games where this has happened will be handled.

Shouldn't be difficult.

I could see it being as simple as checking if the character is currently available in the selection screen, then if so, to then remove the underlying flag that has them marked as "dead".

Edited by xSean

3 hours ago, xSean said:

Shouldn't be difficult.

I could see it being as simple as checking if the character is currently available in the selection screen, then if so, to then remove the underlying flag that has them marked as "dead".

That is true I just haven't heard how they will handle current saves mentioned specifically.