Thank You for this Wonderful Game!

Ever since the announcement trailer dropped, I had been very interested in this game. It looked engrossing, beautiful, and fun to play all at once; knowing that it was being developed by Obsidian only added to my excitement. I naturally avoided most news about the game from then on, wanting to go in as unprepared as possible once the game was actually out. I started playing a couple of days after release, and I was instantly smitten by the style, the presentation, the world itself as it was being revealed, and the excellent character interactions. I played as often as I could and for hours on end. I fell in love with the world of Halcyon, and I adored its inhabitants. Even the less scrupulous ones, because of how well they are written. Interacting with the world and its people – in whichever way – was pure delight from beginning to end. It's rare that any game makes me so happy to play.

As is often the case with RPG's, it's impossible for me to stop myself from doing multiple playthroughs. As I near the end of the first one, I already have some ideas on a new character to create and a different playstyle to go for. Tonight I wrapped up my third playthrough, and while I am tempted to go for a fourth one, I felt that I should stop by here and add this appreciation post. The Outer Worlds may be streamlined and not offer the deepest experience in terms of role-playing or strategy, but it is truly remarkable and wonderful in its execution. It feels very polished both in terms of gameplay and in terms of writing; for what Obsidian most likely set out to do, they truly nailed it. 

Thank you for creating such a great game. I really hope this isn't the end of our adventures in Halcyon. Whether it be in through expansions or sequels, I definitely want to be able to return here many times more.  ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Kapten Teo said:

The Outer Worlds may be streamlined and not offer the deepest experience in terms of role-playing or strategy,

🤣 Gets me every time.

Anyway glad you enjoyed it!  Whilst the roleplaying elements are top notch some of the quests clearly have a "right" option (side with A or B or make peace and create the perfect AB).

I for one absolutely enjoy this crazy humor filled adventure. I use to play different RPGs (Especially Fallout 4). I have to say this game is very entertaining and different from many other games.

I like the crazed out world created with part early 19th century and sci-fi. The characters are also lovely. The best part is the humor in almost everything.
I was pretty amazed about all the dialogues and their options. It must have been a huge task? But thank you very much for this!

I only have one thing I want to criticize: The game is too small! I want more! Much more!