Ultra-Wide Support Patch Coming?

First...I have to say I'm loving this game! So much to learn and take into account. Such an enjoyable experience...except for one thing. The support for ultra-wide support seems lacking. I can't pick my resolution 3440x1440 for full screen for some reason. I can in window mode which I guess is OK and luckily I found there is an option for Gsync to also be applied to windowed sessions. So, not great but passable and off I go. The problem though is with dialog. When you go to talk to someone it goes into 16:9 mode I believe and I get two big black areas on the left and right of the screen. On other games that don't bother to support ultra-wide on dialog, it frustrating but you don't usually spend a lot of time there. With Outer Worlds though..you spend a preponderance amount of your time in dialog. So for most the game you get pulled out a bit out of the experience with game only using marginal part of the screen. In the early days of Ultra-Wide this was understandable as developers slowly got on board with utra-wide.  But it's not new tech anymore.

So I'm hoping...that soon....Outer Worlds will fully support ultra-wide in all aspects of the game? Can a developer comment if a fix is in the works for this??