Character is drawing his gun when starting a discussion or after opening a door

I really love this game so far, but this IS getting annoying (personally I'm playing pc with an xbox one controller). I hate waltzing around with my gun drawn, especially while talking to people (just seems spectacularly stupid and unrealistic), and it seems like almost everything I do makes me unholster the gun again. I'd rather see unholstering moved to the aim button; holstering it can stay right where it is. Wish we could map individual commands. But great game otherwise (so far).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ElderSpacer said:

You don't mention what platform you are using. On PC, I hold R to holder my pistol and it never comes up during dialogs. If you are on PC your could try that. Not sure how it works on consoles though.

It happens on at least PS4, square button is for holstring weapons/un-holstring  weapons, but it is also the button for opening doors and for talking to NPC's.

Un-holstring (not sure if this is even a correct word i'm using 😂 ) also happens when climbing ladders, a bit annoying, especially later in game when it is a lot of talking to NPC's and doors and elevators to use.

On 11/7/2019 at 7:18 PM, ravynwolvf said:

I really love this game so far, but this IS getting annoying (personally I'm playing pc with an xbox one controller). I hate waltzing around with my gun drawn, especially while talking to people (just seems spectacularly stupid and unrealistic), and it seems like almost everything I do makes me unholster the gun again. I'd rather see unholstering moved to the aim button; holstering it can stay right where it is. Wish we could map individual commands. But great game otherwise (so far).

Same here on Xbox One X. "unholstering moved to the aim button" <==THAT