Patch 1.1.1.0 Coming Soon! [Edited 11/15]

Stop complaining about the patch release date guys, it's getting kind of cringy. We obviously don't want a patch that brings new bugs/problems so just be patient and be better fans. I'm sure Obsidian is working hard and testing the patch. 

The patch did not fix my problem. If I'm reading the patch notes correctly the quest only un-botches if you had started it prior to the character's death. My Parvati "died" before I began the questline, and it immediately botches when I attempt to start it.

I put the game down a week ago while waiting for the issue to be resolved. I appreciate all the hard work the devs are putting into the game, but I don't see myself picking it back up until the problem is fixed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, OverlordBryone said:

The patch did not fix my problem. If I'm reading the patch notes correctly the quest only un-botches if you had started it prior to the character's death. My Parvati "died" before I began the questline, and it immediately botches when I attempt to start it.

I put the game down a week ago while waiting for the issue to be resolved. I appreciate all the hard work the devs are putting into the game, but I don't see myself picking it back up until the problem is fixed. 

Huh?

Am I understanding this correctly you are trying to do a quest where the protagonist is dead?

How are they supposed to patch that?

3 hours ago, mspaetauf said:

Huh?

Am I understanding this correctly you are trying to do a quest where the protagonist is dead?

How are they supposed to patch that?

Not the protagonist, but Parvati.

The update unbotched the quest if Parvati "died" during her quest (in non-Supernova difficulty), due to ladders.

In his/her case, Parvati "died" before getting the quest. When the quest is received, it automatically fails/botches because she is counted as dead by the game. The update seems not to unbotch a quest started by an already "deceased" companion.  

• Like 1

how can you recieve the quest if Parvati is dead?

and what is the problem? recieving the quest although your companion is dead?

or do you not want to recieve the quest at all, since Parvati is dead?

Either way you are not goint to complete the quest if Parvati is dead, right?

6 hours ago, mspaetauf said:

how can you recieve the quest if Parvati is dead?

and what is the problem? recieving the quest although your companion is dead?

or do you not want to recieve the quest at all, since Parvati is dead?

Either way you are not goint to complete the quest if Parvati is dead, right?

That's the problem. Parvati is on your ship, you can talk to her, but when you try to start the quest while talking to her, it instantly fails, and the quest is marked as botched in your log.

Then, when you check the log to see why it was botched, it says because Parvati was killed. It's a bug in the game because something in the back end is identifying her as dead, though she's quite literally standing right in front of you.

The speculation was that this patch would stop the system from identifying her as dead, but it has not. My guess is that we'd need to start a new game, and replay the dozen or so hours up to that point, to not have the system identify her as killed.

I can confirm that my saved game, right before I talked to Parvati, still resulted in the quest botching as soon as I tried to start it. So the patch did not fix the issue for me either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cagliostro said:

Same Problem with "Friendship's Due" - Felix' quest. Get's botched on start, when I try it. Not because he's flagged as dead though, so I'm not sure it's the same bug.

Yep, I’m encountering the same issue. Waited on this patch but this quest keeps getting botched for me. 

• Like 1