Patch 1.1.1.0 Coming Soon! [Edited 11/15]

51 minutes ago, grooner said:

Cheeky miss-quote there mate

I said under game pass . Many games are included in game pass but the DLC isnt. We happy few is one exception. 

Still sounds like a bad business move game pass or not. People these days want something for near to nothing XD. Maybe in a few years if there's a game of the year edition or something. :p

5 hours ago, Arrebarren said:

Could only agree with you Grooner.

As me and my friend discussed it’s really interesting how the business been developed as an unfinished game can be released for purchase for approx 60 euros. Imagine buying other products with issues from the start that will be needed to be ”fixed” later on. Would you accept a new washing machine with roughly 80% of the programs working? Simple answer is: No. That darn machine would’ve been returned the day after.

Obsidian, time to make a change to the gaming-industry. Release the fix already.

It's not only games, though. A few years ago when OLED TVs were relatively new my father purchased one for around $4000. Its webOS was a buggy mess that took LG several months to fix.
I bought myself a much cheaper Samsung TV that to this day exhibits some release-day bugs.

Unless we're talking IOT devices, washing machines usually don't have the benefit of an online connection and a built-in updater. They also have much simpler software that's easier to get right the first time.
On the other hand look at the automotive industry. As software becomes more sophisticated, bugs become more abundant. As someone on the Tesla owners forum wrote: "Unfortunately software bugs are a way of life for Tesla ownership right now". Unlike video games and TV operating systems, bugs in vehicles might potentially be life-threatening (e.g Tesla dog mode bug), yet they're still a reality in vehicles that cost thousands of dollaridoos.

It's a sad reality we live in, but The Outer Worlds is a relatively bug-free game. I made it a habit of not buying games on release day. I usually wait a few weeks and let everyone else beta test the game for me. If it doesn't have any widespread bugs or performance issues that can't be resolved in any way other than an official patch, I'll happily buy it (which is why I haven't bought RDR2 PC as of yet).
I already had a Game Pass subscription when the game released, and even then I waited for over a week for all the raving reviews to come out before I gave The Outer Worlds a go. I just hope this patch is going to fix Parvati for me so that I can continue playing.

• Thanks 1

Ok so fantastic game I got it recently, but I have 2 small things:

1: I cant place any marker on the map so I have to keep looking at the constantly to see if I'm going to the right place 

2: my character having their gun out all the time is sort if taking me out of the Immersion 

• Like 1

Bugs are to be expected and the devs ought to have planned to fix them when issues show on release - and a Game Pass title could have even more people in on day 1.

Rockstar must have been working 24 hours a day to release the patches they have for RDR 2 - so please find 10 mins to update this thread with an updated ETA.

Fans on Game Pass are going to expect software in a subscription model to be supported. Sorry Publishers.

3 hours ago, Inuer said:

Ok so fantastic game I got it recently, but I have 2 small things:

1: I cant place any marker on the map so I have to keep looking at the constantly to see if I'm going to the right place 

2: my character having their gun out all the time is sort if taking me out of the Immersion 

Hold down 'r' (PC version) to holster.  I'm sure the console versions have an equivalent.

I just want to be able to do the Parvati companion quest. I am annoyed that it was marked as botched when I had not done anything for this to have been marked as such. They just need to release the patch or at least give a proper timeline of when they would actually release it. 

• Thanks 1

Please focus your next patch on fixing the lack of FOV adjustment and other causes of the headaches and nausea. At this time I am unable to play the game on my ps4 pro due to this. It's the only game of recent that's caused these problems, and it's so bad I am unable to play the game for more then a couple of minutes at a time.

19 hours ago, originalFormula said:

How will the patch be distributed to Microsoft Store (XGP) customers? Will the Xbox app patch the game? Microsoft Store? Windows Update?

Game updates are store but the Xbox (beta) app can initiate game installs and has options to manage queued updates too.

Edited by grooner

1 hour ago, Xikipeke said:

Hello? Where is the patch? Another delayed? Seriously? 

It's 8am PST. They aren't even in the office yet.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

what's the hurry with the patch anyway?

ok unless you're someone who is stuck due to a bug and are hoping for the patch to  fix it.

Apart from that, there's not going to be any major overhauls, rebalances or content added, and the game was pretty bug free IMO.

so, chill everybody :)

• Like 1

Really looking forward to this patch. I stopped playing when I encountered the 'Don't Bite the Sun' bug because I really want to continue Parvati's romance story before moving on. So, really looking forward to jumping back in after the patch. Also really looking forward to the increase in font sizes too but. like others have said above... I really hope it goes beyond the subtitles.

Anyway, thank you guys! Your hard work is much appreciated! ;)

• Like 1

What is the rush? Can play? I play 2.5m of the 65 "TV and the subtitles are totally illegible. It only has English voices, and I am Spanish. I need to read the subtitles, and it is impossible for me. Because nobody from the Obsidian team stopped even a second to think that the subtitles were very small. That is to be very unprofessional. 

I need patch now!!! 

• Like 1

6 pm UK / 7 pm Europe and still no update.

What's the rush?

I can't read anything on a 60" 8' away TV and no I'm not going to re-arrange my living room so I can read.

I know it's a great game; I just want to play it :p

Edited by Nate.GG
addition

18 minutes ago, Nate.GG said:

6 pm UK / 7 pm Europe and still no update.

What's the rush?

I can't read anything on a 60" 8' away TV and no I'm not going to re-arrange my living room so I can read.

I know it's a great game; I just want to play it :p

For those new to Obsidian patches, they are usually pushed by EOB their time (PST aka GMT+8)

• Thanks 1

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

41 minutes ago, highlor3 said:

So, around 5pm PST?

I think they wrap up closer to 6pm.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nate.GG said:

So 2 am UK / 3 am Euro

So Tuesday then lol

oh well

Or Monday