Patch 1.1.1.0 Coming Soon! [Edited 11/15]

Edit Nov. 15: Greetings fellow spacers,

We want to inform you that Patch 1.1.1.0 will not be ready until Monday, November 18th. We apologize for this inconvenience as we tried to get this out to you this week, but due to some unfortunate circumstances the patch will not be ready until early next week. 

Again we are sorry to have to push this update back. We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this delay.

Greetings fellow spacers,

At this time, we would like to let you all know that we are looking at releasing a patch next week to implement some changes and bug fixes. This patch is currently in the testing phase and as long as no other issues occur during this time, we hope to release it to you all sometime next week. Please be aware that this can change, but we are working hard to make this timeline and things are looking good thus far.

Resolved Issues:
•    The crashing issue in Tartarus
•    Increase Font Size - Conversations/Subtitles
•    Muffled sound effects occur at random times for players on the PS4
•    Companions dying and failing companion quests on modes other than Supernova
•    Unable to finish "Radio Free Monarch"  
•    Trophy "Not the Best Choice" fails to unlock properly

If you do not see your particular issue or suggestion listed above, please understand that we are continually reviewing and working on items that you are sharing with us. We will continue to work on updates and patches to see how we can make your gaming experience the best it possibly can be.

To continue to report issues and share suggestions, please visit our The Outer Worlds: Technical Support forums and search to see if a fellow player has already made a thread about it. If you find a thread with your issue or suggestion, feel free to comment in that thread with any details you would like to share. If you cannot find a thread with your issue or suggestion, please start a new thread detailing the issue/suggestion and then please contact our publishing partner, Private Division, at their website here. Doing so will help ensure that your specific issue or suggestion is in their queue, which allows us to prioritize requests to provide the fastest possible turnaround time.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding, and we are so grateful to have you all here with us.                                                                                     

• Like 18
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 1

Yay! But I hope the font size increase is for more than just the subtitles. Some of the text in the menus is even smaller than the subtitles.

Eventually, this game will be on Microsoft's xCloud service and people will play it on their phones, so the text will be even harder to read than this.

Edited by ScreamingSatori
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ScreamingSatori said:

Yay! But I hope the font size increase is for more than just the subtitles. Some of the text in the menus is even smaller than the subtitles

Eventually, this game will be on Microsoft's xCloud service and people will play it on their phones, so the text will be even harder to read than this.

Will the font size increase include the menu / user interface? The issue isn’t limited to just conversations/subtitles, as your note indicates. Almost anything involving words is difficult to read. If not, PLEASE consider revisiting all font sizes. Not just subtitles. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Shyla said:

•    Increase Font Size - Conversations/Subtitles

Bless thy hearts! I stopped the game right after the tutorial on PS4, 90% of the text was unreadable - subtitles being not the most problematic, item descriptions being unreadable.

Please consider scaling the rest of the UI sooner rather than later, i know subtitles are probably the easiest thing to update due to there being more real estate for bigger text, but i can't start playing until UI is more visible. :(

Thanks for all your hard work!

• Like 1

Thanks for the update!

I have a few suggestions for future fixes on Xbox One X:

- Increase the foliage render distance on Xbox One X so it matches at least PS4 Pro specs.

(The grass on Xbox One X is the same as OG Xbox One, it looks barren compared to PS4 Pro and this shouldn't be the case given the specs of the X console)

- Removable Companion helmets. We should be able to remove helmets rather than 'disable' them, or have the option to disable them per character. Some companions we want to wear a helmet and some we don't.

(The only workaround [if you want no helmets] is to never equip a helmet on companions at all, which seems illogical)

- Container inventorys not showing up:

Certain containers (boxes, chests etc.) will be glowing but when you highlight them with the reticule the inventory screen doesn't show up. You have to walk away from the container and highlight it again for the inventory to show up. Sometimes their inventory will also be 'empty' but when you highlight them again the loot has reappeared inside.

P.S. on a minor note, any chance you could add Stefan Garcia's 'Trade' clothes and hats inventory to Jolicoeur's in Byzantium or a Groundreaker vendor? I noticed he sells some cool beanie hats etc, but he closes up shop very early in the game.

Thank you Obsidian 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SpacersChoice said:

- Increase the foliage render distance on Xbox One X so it matches at least PS4 Pro specs.

(The grass on Xbox One X is the same as OG Xbox One, it looks barren compared to PS4 Pro and this shouldn't be the case given the specs of the X console)

This is the only bug i've encountered so far I hope it gets fixed soon because now I know how inferior the Xbox One X version looks to the ps4 pro version it's tarnished my enjoyment of the game a bit. Every time I see barren ground I keep wondering if there is supposed to be grass there.

Edited by Malacath

Any plans regarding performance on PC? The game is quite demanding and while pretty (most of the time) its performance leaves a bit to be desired. Perhaps you could work on a DX12 renderer to solve some bottlenecks? I understand it might be a big undertaking, though, but it I think it would solve the problem in a substantial way.

Also, adding more options in the graphics settings would be welcome - a separate setting for chromatic aberration, a separate one for screen space reflections quality, etc. The currently implemented sliders offer too little (if any!) explanation on what each of them do.

Anyhow, I love this game. It's not perfect, but I have a huge feeling of a mix of New Vegas and Firefly and it's been the best game I played in years. I hope to see more releases in this universe and that now under Microsoft's wings many more (with such amount of dialog, choice and consequences, etc) will come.

The inferior graphics rendering (foliage and grass) on the XBOX ONE X needs to be fixed, I've basically stopped playing for the time being as the whole experience now seems tarnished, i know its silly to be concerned over such an issue but The Outer Worlds really does look barren compared to every other system its released on and with Microsoft continually marketing the X as the worlds most powerful console, this seems like a slap in the face....hope its fixed soon

Edited by jwth96
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 9:29 PM, Cepheus said:

Please add an option to use the right trigger to ready the weapon instead of pressing X, so I can keep my weapon holstered while interacting and talking to NPCs.

I second this.  I feel like I'm gonna accidentally shoot someone in the face and screw up a mission or a faction rating. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Kent Scherler said:

No news on ultrawide support or being able to at least play the game pillarboxed on an ultrawide monitor?
Looks like garbage on my hardware.

There are instructions for playing the game pillarboxed for both AMD and NIVIDEA cards in this thread:
I hope it helps. 

Edited by ZakKa.dev