Equipment stats on companions

I did a search and looked around but found nothing on the issues.  I noticed that when I evaluate equipment to see what I want my companions to use TOW uses my perks to evaluate it.  In example I will look at a piece of armor that has a stat of 45 when I place it on my companion suddenly the armor drops to 36 for the armor stat.  I have the perk that raises the armor effectiveness by a certain percentage which is what the stat is based off even if I look at it with the character tab selected.  I don't know if this is intent or a bug but very annoying to have it show how the equipment would work for me when I am trying to evaluate what is best for my companions to use.

Hey Ommamar,

I'm sorry for the equipment issue you have run into. We have our development team looking into it and hope to have a fix for it shortly. In the meantime, to expedite your request, you can send an e-mail to our publisher, Private Division at support@privatedivision.com. This will get your issue into their queue and allow us to prioritize requests to ensure the fastest possible turn around time.

We apologize again and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue.

There’s three bugs with the companions I wanted to mention. Nothing game breaking, just things not working as intended.

1.) the perk “Fine Aim” which is supposed to increase ranged damage is not working, or at least it isn’t displaying a difference in the stats. If you take the heavy handed perk there’s no problem and it displays the increase in damage.

2.) if you take the perk “Battle Hardened” which is another tier 2 companion perk it will lower your companions overall body armor instead of increasing it. I think it’s overriding the 20% armor buff you get from having 40 “Inspiration”

3.) when finishing companions quests I’m not being rewarded the extra skill point to spend on the companion. At level 30 I was only being rewarded 6 perk points for my companions. After I reset my skills/perks with the machine on the Unreliable the companions that I had finished their special quests had an extra 7 perk points instead and the one companion I hadn’t completed only had 6 perk points. So this lead me to believe it’s intended for us to have another perk point for them after completing specific missions.

I looked around and didn’t see anyone posting about this, sorry if it’s already been brought to your attention.

Edited by MildMildEast
Typo: you —-> your

7 hours ago, oei_um said:

Hey Ommamar,

I'm sorry for the equipment issue you have run into. We have our development team looking into it and hope to have a fix for it shortly. In the meantime, to expedite your request, you can send an e-mail to our publisher, Private Division at support@privatedivision.com. This will get your issue into their queue and allow us to prioritize requests to ensure the fastest possible turn around time.

We apologize again and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue.

Cool I will do that, I started a thread to see if others have noticed this or if it was something on my end.

1 hour ago, Vardis said:

Ommamar,

There's an option in settings under UI called "Show Base Item Stats" that lets you change it to display equipment without your character-specific bonuses.

Right but I want to see the bonuses I get from my character the majority of the time, when I am looking at what to equip my companions with I want to see the base stats.  The work around you mention is there but very clunky to have to go into settings just to adjust something so I can equip companions in the best way possible.  I mean they do get their own perks that will effect equipment stats so should be defaulted to use the companions build not the players build to evaluate things.