Trying to start PoE2, lol, hard.

8 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

@Jarmo: Yes, the combat mechanics are rather deep. I like that but it's not everybody's cup of tea. If you like role playing games with less focus on combat: did you try Disco Elysium?

Hadn't even heard of it but looks interesting and promising. Thanks.
Looks like I still have Divinity OS installed, so I'll probably try to get into it again next.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jarmo said:

So of the DLC's SSS is definitely not for me, of others.. kinda maybe.

SSS wasn't for me, either, but I most wholeheartedly recommend Beast of Winter. Being from Finland, you will probably enjoy Obsidian's take on the arctic -- even if BoW is much more Norwegian or Icelandic than Finnish. It's also a very, very good story.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xzar_monty said:

SSS wasn't for me, either, but I most wholeheartedly recommend Beast of Winter. Being from Finland, you will probably enjoy Obsidian's take on the arctic -- even if BoW is much more Norwegian or Icelandic than Finnish. It's also a very, very good story.

+1.

The base game/critical path is rather short (I mentioned in another thread that at release it was actually pretty hard to scrounge up enough content to hit level cap), which was sorta by design. DLCs definitely add a lot of extra life to the game.

If you're not too heavy into the combat, be warned that all the DLCs are fairly combat heavy compared to the base game (SSS the most), but do agree that BoW in particular is very well done narratively and helps flesh out a lot of the lore.

• 2 weeks later...

when I started the game I didn't have a save either (Cose I deleted it, thinking I get around of making that perfect playtrough, then stuff called life kicked me in the knee lol) . So I looked up every companions and their ending and went with that .

Now though, some Saint made a full thing easy peacy to find and decide for your choices https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Creating+custom+legacy

Happy Gaming! 

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller