Sign in to follow this  
Terry Lawhon

Crash on elevator activation in City and the Stars

PC version

Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.18362

Ram: 32 GB

At the first elevator in the Ministry of Accuracy and Morale (in the elevator), activate the elevator to descend, crash to desktop.

I have tried multiple time, gone to other planets and come back, restarted computer, still happens every time.

Is there some setting that I can change that will perhaps allow me to continue?

Any help at all?

Update: I was finally able to get past the point where it was crashing by going back with no companions. Only the devs will know why this would be, but at least I was able to continue. I also ran into the bug at the door to Rockwell's studio, but worked around that by starting the battle outside the door.

I am a software developer myself (30+ years) so I understand how things can get by even with good design and testing. This game was actually quite bug-free for me, for a day 1 release. Bravo!

Also, having finished my first playthrough, I really want to applaud the whole team for a great game, a very good balance of story, gameplay, and humor. The story telling along with the voice acting was superb. I found myself feeling moved and involved with the characters often. 

Thank you!

Edited by Terry Lawhon
New Information

I am having the same exact issue

I can't complete the game because of this.

Edited by Gvaz