Game keeps rebooting my PC

Okay y'all I'm at my wits end here. Already posted this a few other places, but thought I'd see if I could get some help here.

I can't come to a conclusion other than the Outer Worlds is causing my computer to reboot randomly while playing. I've checked temps on everything, I've checked my power supply, I've stress tested my ram and cpu, I even swapped out my GPU for a new one because I thought the old one was over heating. I did a clean install of my GPU drivers, I reinstalled the game, nothing, it still reboots my entire system at random points in gameplay. Just to make extra sure it was this game, I left AC: Odyssey on overnight with my character sitting in a populated area with the settings maxed and I came back in the morning to find the game had been running all night. I legit don't know what to do. I love this game, but I can't keep playing if it's just gonna reboot my system at random intervals with no warning.

Specs are:
Nvida GTX 2070 Super
Intel i7-4790K
16 gigs of ram

Been playing on Very High, haven't really messed with the settings yet, and there doesn't seem to be any particular triggers for the game rebooting, I've had in happen in resource intense areas during firefights on Monarch, and I've had it happened just initiating dialogue on the unreliable. Playing the Windows Store version.

Hey JamsTheKuma,

I'm sorry for the issue you have run into. We have our development team looking into it and hope to have a fix for it shortly. In the meantime, to expedite your request, you can send an e-mail to our publisher, Private Division at support@privatedivision.com. This will get your issue into their queue and allow us to prioritize requests to ensure the fastest possible turn around time.

We apologize again and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue.

• 1 month later...

I had the same issue. Every other game worked well except for The Outer Worlds which would often crash with no error and rarely reboot my system. In my case the culprit was either the memory and/or CPU.
My memory (4x8 32GB at 3200 MHz) had an XMP profile on (3200 MHz, 14-14-14-34-2T, 561 tRFC timings).
I didn't feel like wasting an entire day troubleshooting so I just lowered my CPU's core clock by 100 MHz, uncore clock by 400 MHz, and adjusted memory clock and timings to 2666 MHz, 12-12-12-24-2T, tRFC 313 and the game hasn't crashed since.

• 2 years later...

It is today Tuesday January 18, 2022.
The issue at hand is still 100% there and the MOST present bug in the game. Making the supernova difficulty absolute a waste of time.
The game breaking bugs cannot be counted on one hand.

We need a way to fix it, ( tho the player should NEVER have to do a developers job)

I was extremely looking forward for this game.
The massive LACK of optimization is the saddest thing. Obsidian has done a terrible job publishing this game.
(I am not talking about the game design choices and story plot) Just how horrible the game runs. If that is their standards, well it is low as ground can be.

After 20H of playtime I will be asking a refund from Epic games and they DO refund broken game like such even after 1 year of purchase and 30h of playtime ( i had to do that once) This is the second game ever to deserve a refund)

I will consider the game once I see multiple updates are announced to address the game breaking bugs ( after 3 years still)

Otherwise we can only conclude what I already said about obsidian.

ps: same post will be available on other social madias.

Edited by faevfdsz
Had to add personal note and reason why I would come back, a positie end to a horrible issue.

• 4 months later...

I confirm, the problem is still relevant, in my case with some chance when opening the windows of inventory, character, etc. the screen turns off, only restarting the computer through the power helps.