Politics First Contact

Amentep

Old thread:

Last few posts:

2 hours ago, Raithe said:

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

What the heck happened to Rand Paul?

1 hour ago, KaineParker said:

After getting his ass kicked by his neighbor, he's slowly been losing his mind.

39 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

Send every Russian asset back and Congress would be half empty.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

1 minute ago, ShadySands said:

What did Rand Paul do now?

Seems like yelling about how they need to name the whistleblower for some reason.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

10 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Maybe his neighbor did do more damage than we thought

Soros strikes again

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2019-11-06_0234-51.png

lmao

(Context: Trump's guy, Matt Bevin, lost the Kentucky governorship tonight)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I want the old Rand Paul back. Like I've been saying he is not his old man. Both in good ways and bad. 

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"Governing by tantrum has resulted in President Trump holding his breath until Kentucky turned Blue..."

• Haha 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

This whistleblower stuff is insane. I don't understand anyone who would support releasing their name. What possible benefit does that have other than to intimidate and discourage the entire idea of coming forward with evidence?

22 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

This whistleblower stuff is insane. I don't understand anyone who would support releasing their name. What possible benefit does that have other than to intimidate and discourage the entire idea of coming forward with evidence?

You just answered your own question! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

On 11/5/2019 at 10:56 AM, Malcador said:

Seems like yelling about how they need to name the whistleblower for some reason.

is worse.

rand implies he knows the identity o' the whistleblower, whom he describes in villainous terms.  the thing is, rand then exhorts the media to make the whistleblower's identity public knowing full well such is illegal.

*shrug*

we can't imagine this stuff. "read the transcript" t-shirts being sold to and worn by trumpers? 

HA! Good Fun! 

ps not funny, but President is not subject to fed whistleblower retaliation laws as written. trump could divulge w/o any consequences save possible civil litigation if "harm" (not limited to physical) comes to the whistleblower.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Heh, even Fox is having to carry the news...  Although they do try to add their own spin to the end of it.

Fox News - POTUS to pay $2 million in Trump Foundation settlement after admitting to misuse of funds

The New York Attorney General's office announced Thursday that a judge has ordered President Trump to pay $2 million in damages for improper use of funds at the Trump Foundation in connection with the 2016 presidential primaries and his own political purposes, as part of a lawsuit Trump and the foundation settled with state Attorney General Letitia James.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

2 hours ago, ManifestedISO said:

also, belay my last hope for conviction in the Senate

It's not going to happen. Between Schiff and his antics, the lawyer for the whistleblower and their antics, the closed door hearings that kicked all this off, the partisan preferences that have colored the testimony of those who have already testified, the loose use of words like "resistance" and "coup" before the call to Zelensky even happened, and the media feeding frenzy there is more than enough impropriety for the Senate to hide behind. The fact that Trump actually did what they say he did isn't even relevant now that the waters are so muddy. 

If anyone is going to "get rid" of Trump it's going to have to be the voters. But if the Democrats are stupid enough to nominate Warren or Sanders even that won't likely happen. Sanders is a fanatic and Warren is Hillary Clinton II (personality wise) with no grasp of economics. That won't play well. 

Well, I'm not voting for him. But I'm sure as hall not voting for a Democrat unless Gabbard or Bullock somehow get nominated. 

• Sad 1

Thomas Sowell

Because a circus can never have too many clowns: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/07/us/politics/michael-bloomberg-president-2020.html

Hide your soft drinks. 

Thomas Sowell

2 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Sanders is a fanatic and Warren is Hillary Clinton II (personality wise) with no grasp of economics. That won't play well.

Why not ? Considering what played well last time, never know!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Why not ? Considering what played well last time, never know!

True. I have no idea how people decide to vote anymore. I mean, after Trump basically shrugged off grabbing women in the crotch, I can't predict anything.

6 hours ago, ManifestedISO said:

hard to take a break from Death Stranding but word is Kirstjen Nielsen is Anonymous

also, belay my last hope for conviction in the Senate

Didn't they say that they're a current senior WH official though in their book? As in current as of time of the writing.

4 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

the lawyer for the whistleblower and their antics

How is the lawyer defending their client 'antics'?

3 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Because a circus can never have too many clowns: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/07/us/politics/michael-bloomberg-president-2020.html

Hide your soft drinks. 

He should have joined in during June at the latest IMO. Don't know what the latest jump-in time and still get the nomination was for the modern primary system (which is considered to start in the 1970's). Think I read somewhere that it was Bill Clinton and he started in August or something, don't remember.